Gear 12+ drop rate question

While my guild can handle heroic sith raid with no issues I find the drop rate of particular gear 12+ pieces to be a royal pain. I have some toons who are just shy of getting a complete gear but the pieces I'm missing never seem to drop anymore. Many of my toons are at like 16/20 for a single piece to finish but lately that particular gear never seems to drop. Is this a common issue and if so should I just spend my Crystal's on the gear from weekly shipments? I'm just trying to make decent progress in building my team but the lack of needed gear drops are slowing me down and I cant keep getting my hopes up whenever my guild launches a sith raid.

Replies

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    There are 6 different G12+ pieces. For any particular raid, you have a 1/6 chance of getting salvage from the piece you want.

Then, depending on your rank, you have different % chance for more or less of the salvage. Then in top 10, you have a % chance to get a fully crafted G12+ (in addition to the salvage), and if you get a fully crafted, there is a 1/6 chance that it will be the one you want.

If you want to speed it up, crystals (or cash) are your only options. Otherwise, just wait and hope.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    There are 6 different G12+ pieces. For any particular raid, you have a 1/6 chance of getting salvage from the piece you want.

Then, depending on your rank, you have different % chance for more or less of the salvage. Then in top 10, you have a % chance to get a fully crafted G12+ (in addition to the salvage), and if you get a fully crafted, there is a 1/6 chance that it will be the one you want.

This is assuming all gear pieces have an equal chance of dropping, which I'm almost certain isn't the case for most raids (I cite my hundreds of mk 7 Nubian security scanners and mk 10 blastech weapon mods as evidence).
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »

This is assuming all gear pieces have an equal chance of dropping, which I'm almost certain isn't the case for most raids (I cite my hundreds of mk 7 Nubian security scanners and mk 10 blastech weapon mods as evidence).

A small sample size is not indicative of a true trend. Plus, what is the relative rate of characters that you have geared who required mk7 Nubian scanners versus the others? If you received them at a relatively equal rate, yet spent more of the others, then you would have a surplus of that one.