Kit Reveal: Darth Revan

Replies

• Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Yea, could be tough. And In no way am i saying jkr will dominate this dr team. Just saying they could win on offense regardless of all the anti-jkr abilities. And that's mainly because jkr was made too ridiculously op...
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Really excited to see how hard dr hits, hes gaining offense bonuses all over the place!
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Really excited to see how hard dr hits, hes gaining offense bonuses all over the place!

Yea wont be surprised if the whole team other then trooper starts to hit harder then gmy especially after they go the 2nd time
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Riffinator wrote: »
    From observing the DR team kits as they are now, I really dont see how this team will hold on defense to JKR. There is nothing to stop JKR from going first, and then taking out F Bastilla, and then it's pretty easy pickings from there...

And if DR doesn't hold on defense, then arena is still going to be broken...

But dont think a direct focus will kill bsf in one go especially with the 75% bonus health and the defense she gets at the start and shes probably going to be as tanky as jolee is if not more so killing at the start probably wont happen but after there first turns and dr gives 5 more ferocity stacks on top of the 5 they will get when they go they will out speed jkr by alot and will do massive dmg is how i see it going

There is no way anybody on DR's team will be as tanky as Jolee, running around with -150% defense

Against a jkr team murder can be at times
    Especially if gmy spreads a bunch if buffs and with almost no ferocity debuffs

5savjexmejfb.jpg

Right he gets bonuses, but most of that defense will be offset against by their -150% defense. The one thing that gives DR a huge advantage is the fact that he could create a near infinite loop of fear with Bastilla. Which would kinda be ridiculous, cause your team would essentially be stunned the whole match...

yep

But that's why I said on offense you would want to take out Bastilla first, which should be easy to do.

not with 75% health

What is this +75% health based on? Only basic stat? Or gear based health also increases this bonus? Does health mod increase this bonus?
    Other words, is it worth modding badstilla for speed + health?
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    From observing the DR team kits as they are now, I really dont see how this team will hold on defense to JKR. There is nothing to stop JKR from going first, and then taking out F Bastilla, and then it's pretty easy pickings from there...

And if DR doesn't hold on defense, then arena is still going to be broken...

But dont think a direct focus will kill bsf in one go especially with the 75% bonus health and the defense she gets at the start and shes probably going to be as tanky as jolee is if not more so killing at the start probably wont happen but after there first turns and dr gives 5 more ferocity stacks on top of the 5 they will get when they go they will out speed jkr by alot and will do massive dmg is how i see it going

There is no way anybody on DR's team will be as tanky as Jolee, running around with -150% defense

Against a jkr team murder can be at times
    Especially if gmy spreads a bunch if buffs and with almost no ferocity debuffs

5savjexmejfb.jpg

Right he gets bonuses, but most of that defense will be offset against by their -150% defense. The one thing that gives DR a huge advantage is the fact that he could create a near infinite loop of fear with Bastilla. Which would kinda be ridiculous, cause your team would essentially be stunned the whole match...

yep

But that's why I said on offense you would want to take out Bastilla first, which should be easy to do.

not with 75% health

What is this +75% health based on? Only basic stat? Or gear based health also increases this bonus? Does health mod increase this bonus?
    Other words, is it worth modding badstilla for speed + health?

Guessing cause its at the start of the fight bsf an dr should get the 75% health after the mods are applied
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    I understand that DR and the Triumvirate would be OP, and I get that his position as a true Sith was strained, but don’t call his Leader ability “Lord of the Sith,” and then not involve any Sith synergy...

What exactly do you call Bastila Shan Fallen, Sith Trooper, Sith Assassin and Sith Maurader then?

The Leader ability never explicitly states “Sith” instead of “Sith Empire.” So don’t call it “Lord of the Sith”. Call it “Lord of the Sith Empire”

That's a different issue. You claimed there was no sith synergy

There isn’t. Give me one place in the text where it says Sith instead of Sith Empire.

He's not a general sith leader. But you claimed he's got no sith synergy. Through Sith Empire, he synergizes with four tagged sith. (Synergy with sith). He works with the sith that he would actually be associated with.

True. But nothing in his kit specifies “Sith” synergy. Just his own Sith Empire. So I think a more fitting title for his leader ability is “Lord of the Sith Empire.” Clearly I’m getting more worked up about this than I should be, but I’d just like accuracy. That’s all I want.

He was granted the title dark lord of the sith by emperor viciate but he created the sith empire so hes lead makes since especially if u understand his story plus if his kit was based on sith it could have broken the game more the jkr

Right, so call it “Lord of the Sith Empire.” Because he created the Sith Empire, not the Sith. So the ability has synergy with Sith Empire, not the Sith. So he’s the only “Lord of the Sith Empire,” not the only “Lord of the Sith.” Get it?

The full title is Dark Lord of the Sith. It is a Sith title, equivalent to Jedi Master, and Darth Revan having Sith Empire synergy is irrelevant. There's no such title in lore as Lord of the Sith Empire.

If a Jedi Master were released who had synergy with Galactic Republic instead of a broad Jedi synergy, we wouldn't strip them of the Jedi Master title, right?

~Morningfrost

Right, so you would call the leader ability “Defender of the Republic”, not “Jedi Master.”
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    With all the debuff stuff, did Fulcrum Ahsoka's stock just go way up? Or not necessarily? (This is just me brainstorming possible dark-horse DR counters.)
  • Tryxa wrote: »
    With all the debuff stuff, did Fulcrum Ahsoka's stock just go way up? Or not necessarily? (This is just me brainstorming possible dark-horse DR counters.)

Fulcrum has abilities with regards to buffs on herself.
    I dont see anything that relates to enemy debuffs in her kit.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Tryxa wrote: »

I just meant in the sense that she insta-cleanses debuffs all the time.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Not necessarily, because the more debuffs she has to cleanse, the closer she will get to death.
  • And I still don't have Revan or Traya, so even more excessive power creep doesn't make much difference. Long live zeta Finn! ;-)
    Tooling up my Tusken Raider for when they get their Bantha to crush all jedi and sith!

Since Poe is slower than BSF, zeta Finn isn’t going to work. BSF puts up corrupted battle meditation and the resistance guys can’t inflict debuffs (expose). No TM train.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member

Not necessarily, because the more debuffs she has to cleanse, the closer she will get to death.

That's right, I forgot about that. Shoot.

Back to the drawing board. :D
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Nobody would probably be to stoked about this, but I think DR would devastating under a palp lead. With palp, DS Bastilla, trooper, Vader, and DR...
    Nobody would probably be to stoked about this, but I think DR would devastating under a palp lead. With palp, DS Bastilla, trooper, Vader, and DR...

They couldnt even beat a simple jedi Bastilla team.
    Every spell like mass dot, mass shock, cbm would simply be resisted.

Plus the part that makes dr good his lead would be wasted and all synergies would be obsolete cause he has to be lead for them
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019

Plus the part that makes dr good his lead would be wasted and all synergies would be obsolete cause he has to be lead for them

Yeah. Ninja is as lame as his nick.

Wow, calm down hater! Didnt say it would be unbeatable. But for those that get him and dont have the other sith empire characters yet, it would be a good lead to use him under. Especially since his lead doesn't work without sith empire units. Maybe you guys were too hyped up on hatorade and overlooked the possible synergy in that line up. Aoe shock from Revan, plus palpatines aoe would stun the entire team for two turns. Plus quickly ramp up palps offense with all the shock. And palps tm would go insane with all the shock taking constant turns, restunning enemy team. Not to mention also using fear to immobilize the team too. And with all the constant debuffs the entire teams tm would be on a constant loop. Enemies wouldn't be able to get a single turn in. And if you actually had any idea what your talking about you would see that this team would crush a Bastilla team. Fear cant be resisted so none of their tenacity boosts would do anything.
    Post edited by Ninjah9 on
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member

Um, he has tons of great abilities that dont come from his leadership...

Wow, easy hater! Didnt say it would be unbeatable. But for those that get him and dont have the other sith empire characters yet, it would be a good lead to use him under. Especially since his lead doesn't work without sith empire units. Maybe you guys were too hyped up on hatorade and overlooked the possible synergy in that line up. Aoe shock from Revan, plus palpatines aoe would stun the entire team for two turns. Plus quickly ramp up palps offense with all the shock. And palps tm would go insane with all the shock taking constant turns, restunning enemy team. Not to mention also using fear to immobilize the team too. And with all the constant debuffs the entire teams tm would be on a constant loop. Enemies wouldn't be able to get a single turn in. And if you actually had any idea what your talking about you would see that this team would crush a Bastilla team. Fear cant be resisted so none of their tenacity boosts would do anything.

You do realize fear is only mass if it targets the leader, right?
    How are you going to target the leader when the enemy team has taunters?
    The Deathmark mechanic to be able to target it is in his leader ability.

Sure, if you dont have any meaningful characters, DR can easily be an upgrade. But claiming how awesome would it be when in reality it stands no chance against any JKR or Bastilla or Rex or NS or CLS/han/chewie etc teams, is ridiculous and lame.

Wow, easy hater! Didnt say it would be unbeatable. But for those that get him and dont have the other sith empire characters yet, it would be a good lead to use him under. Especially since his lead doesn't work without sith empire units. Maybe you guys were too hyped up on hatorade and overlooked the possible synergy in that line up. Aoe shock from Revan, plus palpatines aoe would stun the entire team for two turns. Plus quickly ramp up palps offense with all the shock. And palps tm would go insane with all the shock taking constant turns, restunning enemy team. Not to mention also using fear to immobilize the team too. And with all the constant debuffs the entire teams tm would be on a constant loop. Enemies wouldn't be able to get a single turn in. And if you actually had any idea what your talking about you would see that this team would crush a Bastilla team. Fear cant be resisted so none of their tenacity boosts would do anything.

Sure, if you dont have any meaningful characters, DR can easily be an upgrade. But claiming how awesome would it be when in reality it stands no chance against any JKR or Bastilla or Rex or NS or CLS/han/chewie etc teams, is ridiculous and lame.

A part of theory crafting is thinking outside the box, and being creative, which can lead to failures. There is no harm in any of those thoughts even if failures. That's all part of the fun. What's not needed here are the disparaging comments directed towards another users.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019

Lol, why are you so mad bro? All I'm doing is theory crafting with a brand new character, sorry if that offends you. If you dont want to try it then dont, I think it would work great against all those team you mentioned. God it's not like its impossible to get around gk's taunt, lol. Ridiculous, chill out man 😂

Edited to remove inappropriate comment~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Egbert1979 wrote: »
    Egbert1979 wrote: »
    Now this might just be that I've been frustrated with the new leaders since Bastila, but my analysis of the kit is just telling me it's a repeat of JKR, but re-skinned and given new ways to beat down on F2P leaders. I might be wrong but that's just what I think.

Awe the poor f2p guys are at a disadvantage, suck it up the ppl that p2p is y there is a game, do you think they shouldn’t have some sort of advantages for spending money on the game so that u get to play it?

Wow, just wow. You are a sad old man.

Not old at all just happen to work hard and can afford to play the game, without people spending money do you think there would be a game to play? And if those people didn’t get an advantage for spending money would they continue to spend it?

If the free to play folks get sick of the unbeatable pay to play players and leave, which is very possible, it the game will also die. It’s a more delicate balancing act than you’re giving it credit for.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Why it says "When Darth Revan uses an ability during 'their' turn" and not 'his' turn?
    English isn't my native language so i might oversee the point but what is this about?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    Why it says "When Darth Revan uses an ability during 'their' turn" and not 'his' turn?
    English isn't my native language so i might oversee the point but what is this about?

Thats the same as his or her turn, however this would give away the gender, but in the games, you could build him either gender.
    I generally dislike sjw and feminists, but here I think its ok.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »

Thats the same as his or her turn, however this would give away the gender, but in the games, you could build him either gender.

Makes perfect sense, thank you.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »

This is not about sjw or feminist, just because revan is a playable-customizable character.
  • I think it is a little cheeky to make a team centered around having low tenacity and inability to resist or cleanse debuffs, but then just go and make them immune to all of the debuffs that actually matter (Stun, ability block, and stagger) and immune to to TM removal.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Droideka wrote: »
    I think it is a little cheeky to make a team centered around having low tenacity and inability to resist or cleanse debuffs, but then just go and make them immune to all of the debuffs that actually matter (Stun, ability block, and stagger) and immune to to TM removal.

They had to make it look like the team had “weaknesses” that balanced their strengths, but we all know that characters are becoming far beyond balance. So they add this immunity stuff to make sure that their new shiny character is the meta that you have to get.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Kisakee wrote: »

This is not about sjw or feminist, just because revan is a playable-customizable character.

^This^

They are very different things