Kit Reveal: Darth Revan

Replies

• Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Droideka wrote: »
    I think it is a little cheeky to make a team centered around having low tenacity and inability to resist or cleanse debuffs, but then just go and make them immune to all of the debuffs that actually matter (Stun, ability block, and stagger) and immune to to TM removal.

They're only immune to Turn Meter removal if they're not debuffed.

Not true.
    Theyre immune to TM removal if theyre debuffed.

Also, theyre immune to Stun and Ability blocked.
    Less being sjw, more reading would help, eh?
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Alright folks I've had to remove some fairly offensive posts from in here, keep it civil and on topic cut out the arguing.
  • This may have already been answered somewhere else but its a relevant question with the stacking debuffs. Can you go negative in defense and have it apply +x% damage? in example if you have 10 stacks of ferocity from revan you have -150% defense. Does that mean you now take 50% MORE damage or does it just cap at 100 and everyone does true damage to you.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    This may have already been answered somewhere else but its a relevant question with the stacking debuffs. Can you go negative in defense and have it apply +x% damage? in example if you have 10 stacks of ferocity from revan you have -150% defense. Does that mean you now take 50% MORE damage or does it just cap at 100 and everyone does true damage to you.

Good question. I would like to know it myself.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Don’t think Health Equalization is working at all
  • Ultra wrote: »

ive had it working all day yesterday, it can be hard to spot because sometimes it will affect Fast and then she will regain all the lost health with her health steal. but its been working all day yesterday for me.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Please "bug fix" Revan AI so he doesn't Mark DR
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Dunedain wrote: »
    Please "bug fix" Revan AI so he doesn't Mark DR

Probably want him marking DR if you are running DR. ;)
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Dunedain wrote: »
    Please "bug fix" Revan AI so he doesn't Mark DR

Probably want him marking DR if you are running DR. ;)

Of course of course ;) since we have seen them instruct Revan against Traya, I see no reason why he shouldn't be instructed on DR......I mean its only fair! :p
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    This may have already been answered somewhere else but its a relevant question with the stacking debuffs. Can you go negative in defense and have it apply +x% damage? in example if you have 10 stacks of ferocity from revan you have -150% defense. Does that mean you now take 50% MORE damage or does it just cap at 100 and everyone does true damage to you.
    Think of CG_SBCrumb's clarifications for the GG rework:
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    ...As for Grievous' -50% Defense on his Leadership specifically, it won’t have a noticeable impact on targets with low armor. In general, this is very difficult to detect the impact of armor penetration as most PvP and PvE units have little armor to mitigate. However, you can test this with units that have a large amount of armor like the Heroic Sith Triumvirate Raid version of Sion or against player-obtainable Sith Trooper, Stormtrooper, and CT-5555 "Fives" in order to see a more observable difference...
    So, as soon as there is no armor left to mitigate any additional reduction of defense will have no effect at all.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Is Darth Revan as completely terrible in raids as he sounds?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Whoa, what was going on in this thread.. :o
  • Gorem wrote: »

The devs said he was decent, but im not sure. I dont have him, but it seems like he wouldnt last very long. However, hk47 would wreck it. Has anyone done any raid testing?
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

ive had it working all day yesterday, it can be hard to spot because sometimes it will affect Fast and then she will regain all the lost health with her health steal. but its been working all day yesterday for me.

Does equalization remove health technically? Its hard for me to get a grip on.
  • Ryanwhales wrote: »
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Does equalization remove health technically? Its hard for me to get a grip on.

Yes say for pure math purposes that the toons have the same health, if one is a 99% and revan drops to 49% they should equalize to around 75%
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »

The devs said he was decent, but im not sure. I dont have him, but it seems like he wouldnt last very long. However, hk47 would wreck it. Has anyone done any raid testing?

Well, with no defences you'd be owned by every HSTR attack on you, and HK will never get to use his Main attack once, since bosses are immune to both Fear and Shock.

So, you'd get less debuffs out, Hk will be just sitting there, And you'd die really fast.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Nobody would probably be to stoked about this, but I think DR would devastating under a palp lead. With palp, DS Bastilla, trooper, Vader, and DR...

They couldnt even beat a simple jedi Bastilla team.
    Every spell like mass dot, mass shock, cbm would simply be resisted.

Hey remember this???
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Nobody would probably be to stoked about this, but I think DR would devastating under a palp lead. With palp, DS Bastilla, trooper, Vader, and DR...

Plus the part that makes dr good his lead would be wasted and all synergies would be obsolete cause he has to be lead for them

Yeah. Ninja is as lame as his nick.

Wow, easy hater! Didnt say it would be unbeatable. But for those that get him and dont have the other sith empire characters yet, it would be a good lead to use him under. Especially since his lead doesn't work without sith empire units. Maybe you guys were too hyped up on hatorade and overlooked the possible synergy in that line up. Aoe shock from Revan, plus palpatines aoe would stun the entire team for two turns. Plus quickly ramp up palps offense with all the shock. And palps tm would go insane with all the shock taking constant turns, restunning enemy team. Not to mention also using fear to immobilize the team too. And with all the constant debuffs the entire teams tm would be on a constant loop. Enemies wouldn't be able to get a single turn in. And if you actually had any idea what your talking about you would see that this team would crush a Bastilla team. Fear cant be resisted so none of their tenacity boosts would do anything.

You do realize fear is only mass if it targets the leader, right?
    How are you going to target the leader when the enemy team has taunters?
    The Deathmark mechanic to be able to target it is in his leader ability.

Sure, if you dont have any meaningful characters, DR can easily be an upgrade. But claiming how awesome would it be when in reality it stands no chance against any JKR or Bastilla or Rex or NS or CLS/han/chewie etc teams, is ridiculous and lame.

....and this???
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    @Roopehunter : 💕I Luuuv it when haters, liars, and clowns catch a fat smack of reality! 💕 👋💥

https://youtu.be/MWChhIAwGH4
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Please delete this comment.

🤣🤣🤣
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    let's knock it off with the snarky comments please. Refuting someones argument is fine, calling them out as a liar isn't. Cut it out please.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Nevermind
    Post edited by Gannon on
  • Ryanwhales
    862 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    So i had some ideas on how to make revan better on defense.

1. Make his force storm uncounterable. With all the counter from kenobi and bastilla, its just awful and he can get wrecked easliy with all the defense down.

2.Make him not just deathmark the leader, make him deathmark the fastest on the team, or whoever moves first. That way, he can get rid of yoda easily in most cases.

3. Make something so that revan cannot go after badstilla first, like a mark on the character of highest health. Otherwise revan will ignore taunt and just ruin the massive amount of debuffs.

4.Make badstilla move instantly, or have preloaded turn meter when jedi revan is on the opposing team.

Thats it for now, but i might have more in the future.
  • Ryanwhales
    862 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    After death marking the fastest and then dying permanently, make it also so that he marks the next fastest and so on.
  • Ryanwhales wrote: »
    2.Make him not just deathmark the leader, make him deathmark the fastest on the team, or whoever moves first. That way, he can get rid of yoda easily in most cases.

JKR is more often than not going to be faster than GMY, so this suggestion wouldn’t do much. JKR would still be the one getting deathmarked.

And from what I’m seeing on my shard, it looks like Darth Revan holds pretty well on D. I don’t think he needs to be better.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    let's knock it off with the snarky comments please. Refuting someones argument is fine, calling them out as a liar isn't. Cut it out please.

My bad wont call him ( @Roopehunter ) a liar, he was just severely misinformed when he tried dismiss my super accurate prediction, lol 😂
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member

Plus the part that makes dr good his lead would be wasted and all synergies would be obsolete cause he has to be lead for them

Wow, easy hater! Didnt say it would be unbeatable. But for those that get him and dont have the other sith empire characters yet, it would be a good lead to use him under. Especially since his lead doesn't work without sith empire units. Maybe you guys were too hyped up on hatorade and overlooked the possible synergy in that line up. Aoe shock from Revan, plus palpatines aoe would stun the entire team for two turns. Plus quickly ramp up palps offense with all the shock. And palps tm would go insane with all the shock taking constant turns, restunning enemy team. Not to mention also using fear to immobilize the team too. And with all the constant debuffs the entire teams tm would be on a constant loop. Enemies wouldn't be able to get a single turn in. And if you actually had any idea what your talking about you would see that this team would crush a Bastilla team. Fear cant be resisted so none of their tenacity boosts would do anything.

Sure, if you dont have any meaningful characters, DR can easily be an upgrade. But claiming how awesome would it be when in reality it stands no chance against any JKR or Bastilla or Rex or NS or CLS/han/chewie etc teams, is ridiculous and lame.

@Roopehunter : Wow looks like there are a lot of ridiculous, and lame people out there lmao! 🤣🤣🤣
    https://youtu.be/Ngyc6ljH42E
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »

@Roopehunter : Wow looks like there are a lot of ridiculous, and lame people out there lmao! 🤣🤣🤣

Yep. Ive seen a rank1 player add c3po to a jkr setup before. Just because flashy people do something, it doesnt mean thats its good. Give it some time, and theyll see that they fall too much and so they switch.

Also, if you check the current meta reports, palp lead is nowhere. Shards are jkr / dr leads in the vast majority.

Lastly, GC are typically not good players. They play too many games in parallel, and have to spend too much time on delivering good quality videos. They dont have enough time to actually become good at the game. At least thats my reasoning why a GC would be doing pretty lame choices in some of their videos.

So, you can mention and quote me all day (sorry I just can't take anyone seriously with NINJA in their name) but what matters more, if palp will actually prove to be a strong meta team.
    I havent seen any indication of that. We'll see.