"Second chance marquee event"

Aydnie
432 posts Member
Hi,

That would be cool if we had an event called "second chance marquee"

It would allow people who missed the marquee of a character to have that marquee again, just for them, and give them the 50 shards they need

Replies

• So which one did you miss?
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    B0baf3tt wrote: »
    So which one did you miss?

Bastila, Jolee, T3, Mission, Zaalbar, Fallen Bastila, Carth, Juhani, Canderous, the Hound Tooth, the Xanadu, the IG 2000, both veterans scoundrels, Aurra, Jango, Embo, and some empire soldiers and some sith empire toons that I don't really care about, for a total of at least 700 shards and at least 150 blueprints (I'm a free to play player)
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Aydnie wrote: »
    B0baf3tt wrote: »
    So which one did you miss?

Bastila, Jolee, T3, Mission, Zaalbar, Fallen Bastila, Carth, Juhani, Canderous, the Hound Tooth, the Xanadu, the IG 2000, both veterans scoundrels, Aurra, Jango, Embo, and some empire soldiers and some sith empire toons that I don't really care about, for a total of at least 700 shards and at least 150 blueprints (I'm a free to play player)

Mayba play more often and pay attention to marquees... If you didn't play the to this point you are not Daly support for the game and don't deserve these free shards

Can you first speak english with a correct orthograph please
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    I abandoned the game for a year and since december I connect everyday at least 1h 1h30 a day
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Just to farm what I missed without any refresh, just the 50 for each character that would at least take one year and a half
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Think of the initial marquee event as a reward for players that were here or were active at that time.

Yes thing happens and RL gets in the way, but that is the beat way to view them. They are not coming back.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    They even removed zetas on some characters when I came back, they were apparently "refund" but I wasnt here to collect them, so are you still okay with making people who quit the game un-progress ? To make them lose progression ?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You missed a lot if events and their rewards - not just marquee events. I don't see what makes marquee events so special, that you should be compensated or have a second opportunity to play them. You missed a lot of shards from assault battles and what not as well. However, it's a problem, that your zetas were removed and the refund wasn't kept in your in-box 'forever' until you collected them. Taking something away from players shouldn't happen.

• giving those refund mail the same expire date as mails with farmed mods or ingame patchnotes and the like is just a ridiculous blunder on CGs side, i hope there is a possibility to remedy such a faulty logic @CG_SBCrumb
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    However, it's a problem, that your zetas were removed and the refund wasn't kept in your in-box 'forever' until you collected them. Taking something away from players shouldn't happen.
    This, I always have a thought for players who will re come in the game later when they talk about a finn zeta refund.

One of Yoda's abilities changed, and the omega was removed for example, I had to re-purchase it.

That was not a big deal but the zeta I had on Daka ?? Just got removed ?

I never had time to re zeta her as this game has changed and I have other priorities but, its a shame that I don't have my Daka's zeta
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    J0HND03 wrote: »
    giving those refund mail the same expire date as mails with farmed mods or ingame patchnotes and the like is just a ridiculous blunder on CGs side, i hope there is a possibility to remedy such a faulty logic @CG_SBCrumb

A zeta is such worth a lot, and getting back after a pause is already punishing - new meta, arena over you has progressed, etc.

But removing zetas are even more punishing, it sometimes makes me want to abandon the game cause restarting a new account would take even more time
  • Aydnie wrote: »
    One of Yoda's abilities changed, and the omega was removed for example, I had to re-purchase it.

That was not a big deal but the zeta I had on Daka ?? Just got removed ?

I never had time to re zeta her as this game has changed and I have other priorities but, its a shame that I don't have my Daka's zeta
    I am sure if you directly write to the support and describe your situation, they can see in their data that you have really not been logged in during that time frame, and might re-refund you those materials. I would try it.

• Chima
    113 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Think of the initial marquee event as a reward for players that were here or were active at that time.

Yes thing happens and RL gets in the way, but that is the beat way to view them. They are not coming back.

It isn't true at all, even if you start to play the game you need to reach a certain level to do the event, so when you say that's to "reward for players that were here or were active at that time" is a bunch of lies. Also, it's one more thing on this list to make the game not friendly for new people. If you are starting the game you are doomed to play with Chewie Clone Wars, Clone, and Consul. Don't tell lies here mah boy.
  • I mean...that’s certainly one way to minimize the amount of new customers you get for the game. You’d think a business would want to find ways to make the barrier to entry/re-entry low rather than high.

I’d be ok with a periodic “missed marquee” event. Make it biannual, pair it with a version update and a new player drive. Would make it a heck of a lot more likely that you convert new incoming players to long term.