When the 21st is still the 21st - a beginner's guide to timezones

Prev1
Reyalp
738 posts Member
Seriously guys....stop asking where Revan is and complaining on every 2nd thread it's now the 21st. :D

It won't be the 22nd for CG for another 22 hours. Please look up 'Time Zones' if you are unsure of this concept.

Replies

• Plus they never gave an exact date
  • Just cause a video had it they could have had 2 1 with the 21st and 1 without and the wrong one got posted so the removed it for the correct one so just cause that dosen't mean its the 21st plus i only cou t it if said in writing theres no proof other then a possible accidental video post
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Plus they never gave an exact date

They did. They set up everything for 21st and some genius figured at the end that they need more time.

Alsothey said it was posted in error and a date has not been finalized yet. So theres no date.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/198196/are-you-ready-to-claim-the-sith-throne#latest
  • Whatever dude. They posted the video. The 21st was obviously their target date and here we are. Defend them if you must. And all people are really upset about is kit dropped last night making us think things are ready and there’s no event and we still don’t even know when event is.
  • Im not teying to defend but i will if people are making false accusations even though they said it was an error i wanted the event 2-3 weeks ago was expecting a Similar time frame as jkr wich this ones about 3 to 4 weeks longer roughly
  • What’s the false accusation? They released a video that they created showing 21st as the target date. That’s what the guy said. What’s false there?
  • Did u read the post?
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    I'm not trying to defend them - I'm just pointing out that while it's 11am in the UK, it's 3am for the Devs. The 21st becomes a very long day when you account for the whole world...
  • Wednesday is usual day for game updates and thursday is usual day for event start. Based on packs expiracy date they really planned to run event from 21st. Something happened since there was no update. I would really appreciate clear communication about schedule:
    When will be reworks effective
    When will be start date for darth revan event
    I understsnd that devs need more time to make sure they do it right, but we as a community deserve to know schedule. Easpecially now when we were teased by all kits and missed update window on wednesday.
  • Why worry, we can’t do anything about it. Venting at the forum won’t get revan released any sooner or later, neither will it get a response to give you a exact date.
  • DeWannaWonga
    122 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Yeah I read the post. What am I not understanding correctly? When do events that start on the 21st start? Several hours ago right? So did this event start on the 21st at a normal start time? THEY release a video saying event is 21st. Then THEY write words that say, it very well could start in 21st, YES, THEY did imply the video was accidentally released and it could also be late but the mere fact that it’d been created, that’s the intended start date... he and i, don’t understand why the normal start time on that day has passed as we are no more informed as to when. What they should have said was that was the wrong start date. They should have never said it could start that day. Especially considering the post I supposedly haven’t read was made days ago. There’s been plenty of time for follow up

Edit to add in the “other side” of the argument. I see what you guys are saying too. Don’t get me wrong. And we are all on the same side. But it’s not cool we don’t know when yet
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    PoisonBA wrote: »
    Wednesday is usual day for game updates and thursday is usual day for event start. Based on packs expiracy date they really planned to run event from 21st. Something happened since there was no update. I would really appreciate clear communication about schedule:
    I understsnd that devs need more time to make sure they do it right, but we as a community deserve to know schedule. Easpecially now when we were teased by all kits and missed update window on wednesday.

Please show me where Wednesday is set in stone as update day? It isn't..and we've had updates on other days before. To me it would make complete sense to do the update while they are in the office rather than 4pm if they have concerns about something.
  • It also said 1 to 2 weeks 15th was when he posted it which was last friday so could be tomorrow or even next Thursday if it goes past that i can see an update but its still in the time frame they gave of 1 to 2 weeks from the 15.

Yes i know events usually start Thursday morning west coast time snd sn update on wensday
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    Wednesday is usual day for game updates and thursday is usual day for event start. Based on packs expiracy date they really planned to run event from 21st. Something happened since there was no update. I would really appreciate clear communication about schedule:

Please show me where Wednesday is set in stone as update day? It isn't..and we've had updates on other days before. To me it would make complete sense to do the update while they are in the office rather than 4pm if they have concerns about something.

English is not my native language but usual date doesnt mean "set in stone"...but anyway expectation based on released video and also packs expiracy date was set to 21st march...which fits to usual schedule (wed - update, thu - event). This was already missed and simple statement about expected date is just normal way of communication.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Reyalp wrote: »

English is not my native language but usual date doesnt mean "set in stone"...but anyway expectation based on released video and also packs expiracy date was set to 21st march...which fits to usual schedule (wed - update, thu - event). This was already missed and simple statement about expected date is just normal way of communication.

Yes but that's half the problem mate :D

People assuming because there was no update last night, that there won't be one today or tonight. All I'm saying is patience - there's a long way to go today.

As for communication, what else do you need? We got toons needed, kit reveals, a trailor, a dev interview and a soft date of the 21st. I dunno what else they can say UNTIL it's the 22nd and the soft date is missed. But that's not for another 20 hours!!!
  • There are 2 separate posts saying that the start date is not confirmed, and 0 posts stating that it starts on the 21st.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    There are 2 separate posts saying that the start date is not confirmed, and 0 posts stating that it starts on the 21st.

Nobody at CG will come up and say: hey we messed up, planned the 21st, but can't finish...
    I know the obvious, isn't obvious for some people.

They won't have to because they didn't give a definite starting date.
    They have admitted they messed up when they shared that vid with the 21st in it.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • The video was released on the EA Star Wars Twitter account and immediately retracted and corrected as far as the start date. I guess some people don't realize that CG doesn't run the EA Twitter accounts. So someone over there jumped the gun and posted a video they weren't supposed to. Wasn't really CG's fault but it was immediately corrected either way.

The fact that the kit was revealed is a strong indicator that the event will probably be coming tomorrow. They would not have released DR's kit if they were planning to make further revisions to his kit. Now, there could always be a last minute bug discovered with his kit or the event, but barring that, I'd expect his event to come tomorrow.
  • They dropped the packs expecting DR to be released on the 21st as this aligns with the run time for his event. They always drop the packs right prior to the events and ending when the event would normally end. This shows that they intended for the DR event to drop on the 21st. The second piece being the video which was pulled. The last item to look at is they obviously had issues with his kit and deathmark/taunt mechanics not working like they had hoped. So needed time to fix this, so pulling away from that date in the event they did not make it made the most sense.
  • I think what a lot of people are missing here is cadence. CG has laid out an expected cadence with legendary releases and that has not been followed in this case....which would be fine if simple communication was provided as to an update.

It doesn’t matter that it’s still the 21st, the cadence has been missed. Communication is now warranted. Stop getting caught up in the semantics of time zones lol.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I think what a lot of people are missing here is cadence. CG has laid out an expected cadence with legendary releases and that has not been followed in this case....which would be fine if simple communication was provided as to an update.

It doesn’t matter that it’s still the 21st, the cadence has been missed. Communication is now warranted. Stop getting caught up in the semantics of time zones lol.

could you please clarify what expected cadence ea/cg have laid out which has not been followed in this case?
  • leef wrote: »
    I think what a lot of people are missing here is cadence. CG has laid out an expected cadence with legendary releases and that has not been followed in this case....which would be fine if simple communication was provided as to an update.

could you please clarify what expected cadence ea/cg have laid out which has not been followed in this case?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018

and how have they not followed that cadence in this case?

Have you had a minimum of a weeks notice of the event? I would say yes. Thats all they say about a new heroes journey release cadence
  • Precedent matters. When you read that, coupled with how they’ve released other similar events, this one is different. Again, simple communication would squash all this negative speculation....it’s just not that hard.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    I’ve been very critical of the developers lately.
    But I’m kind of on there side here.

Facts:
    The video date, packs and cadence all clearly spell out they they intended to release this event today.
    Past practice suggests that an event that was bulging to be released today, would have been released by now.
    We have not heard today as a hard date but it was clearly the target. We haven’t heard about any delay yet.

Reality:
    They probably totally intend(ed) to release this today. There has been some sort of delay.
    The devs don’t know how long it will be (minutes vs. hours vs. days) and therefore haven’t communicated the new timeline to us.
    I fully expect that if the event is not dropped today that we will hear something from them giving an update. But those details probably aren’t available at this moment. Once they have a handle on the delay, they should communicate that to us.

If they don’t, then I will be upset as well. But for now, we need to give them some time and opportunity to quantify the delay before they start reporting things to us. We need to be reasonable in our expectations.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Precedent matters. When you read that, coupled with how they’ve released other similar events, this one is different. Again, simple communication would squash all this negative speculation....it’s just not that hard.

It builds up anticipation !
    They won't have to because they didn't give a definite starting date.
    They have admitted they messed up when they shared that vid with the 21st in it.

But still 21st was the the day they planned to start the event. And not only because they launch packs a week ago. But also because they have created a video with 21.03 as a event launch. Someone has put 21st there, right. Its hard to write that instead of "comming soon" or whatever it is in the new version. And then something went wrong...
This discussion has been closed.