Older ship players be on your toes the 2 year run is over.

Dk_rek
3299 posts Member
Last 2 years.

You put a lot of effort into your ships, you farmed the fleet store to the max, you geared a lot of toons people did not to have a good fleet. You focused your resources at the expense of arena and a large part of the game. But you were the kings of fleet. 2.0 dropped and not much changed you still put the effort into your fleet and had what it took to stay relevant. Because of this you had early access to nest, some extra G12 stuff. That early access to nest may have even helped you in arena going from 300 to top 100.

Geno's were reworked

You put a lot of effort into ships....THIS RIGHT NOW is your glory days all of a sudden for 2 weeks (lol) it has come full circle you maxxed 3 toons (2 maybe because FAC was good) that the Arena gods and ship haters would NEVER invest in. All of a sudden that Ackbar who's double boba fett bomb special got you to the top of the old arena was viable again.....DOMINATION you put the work in while others did not. Your dedication and hard work has made you king (2-3 weeks)

HT dropped

Was kind of a shock if you were not a whale...all of a sudden a few people showed up on your ship shard with crummy fleets but a maxxed HT they had one good ship but were now in the mix. Your first 10-20 fights were mind boggling, this thing was invincible.... But you still put the effort into ships where others did not. You had cassian, wedge, ahsoka. You geared them while people were gearing arena teams your dedication to ships has paid off...things are hairy till you got your own HT farmed up. Things were back to normal and again your dedication has paid off.

Anakin dropped

Was kind of a shock if you were not a whale...all of a sudden a few people showed up on your ship shard and had a team that could not beat you...but you could not beat them....WHAT ? This was like the old days with a 7:30 timeout fleet...what gives ? first 10-20 fights were mind boggling this thing was invincible..... But you still put the effort into ships where others did not those Genos some people refused to put gear on with thrawn with some tweaking got you through..... again you are rewarded for your hard work and ship dedication.

FALCON DROPS

The forum was full of speculation we saw it coming (I only got 6*) as people who cared about ships we farmed our butts off putting in those refreshes, gearing BH to make sure we had chewy over Xmas.. you put the gear into bistan, cassian, wedge, phantom, ghost, biggs while others were gearing sith, jedi, DOMINATING you in arena.... but again your hard work as paid off you worked on a lot of toons people would never think of spending 800 carbantis on. You are immortal (for the most part) against people without the falcon (at first)... the arena is now coin flips and RNG fests but your still at the top.

NOW

Your advantage has massively faded HT made it possible for anyone with 4 crummy ships who cared nothing about them to crush the fleet table... your nest/G12 farming advantage is gone. No real PVE content is on the horizon all that hard work you have done in the past is catching up to you. You may have a massive Zeta advantage on people for toons but they have one or two teams that cannot be beaten even without zetas and the handouts now begin.

No longer will it be who put in the farming effort, the gearing toons no one else wanted to gear will be an advantage. In an effort to push ships (which is always a GOOD THING) with the sith meta and darth revan doom team everyone in the game will have G12 marauder and assassin maxxed, Palp shuttle will be maxxxed (royal guard "maybe" being a choke point). The new sith capital ship will be locked behind a toon marquee or maybe legendary you won't have access to for months

None of this is bad any focus on ships is good. What I"m saying to you ship fans is in the past you would have maxxed bomber and sith fighter where others would not have cared. But with the darth revan team partially being used in my opinion to actually push ships EVERYONE is going to have the next ship META....EVERYONE. (except maybe the people who cared about ships over arena because we won't have access to malik or Darth Revan whoever they give the sith capital ship to that we wont' unlock for a while while the arena guys do)

AGAIN this is not bad because it may be the push we need to get more ship content.... all I am saying is that your previous dedication to ships, all the excess farming and gearing you did to be good at ships is going to be worthless going forward... people with 6 good ships are going to compete or beat your 32 maxxed ships everyone will be on equal footing irregardless of your two year dedication to ships vs the people with 6 weeks of dedication to ships.

This is the natural progression of things and should not be taken as a negative as again and again anything that promotes ships is good.

Which finally brings us to the end and the beating of a dead horse BEGGING PLEA TO CG...ANYONE AT CG. There are people who have busted their butts building farming good fleets for 2 years and your coming sith meta destroys all that (again FINE WITH THIS if it promotes ships) What we are BEGGING FOR now is some good solid ship PVE content that benefits the people who dumped massive resources into their fleets/factions you can make the events CHEWY hard if you want but then people who worked on resistance, empire, FO, BH, Scoundrels will have something to do with those ships we worked so hard on while others ignored it.

Rebels and Sith can rule the arenas. All we are asking for is somewhere, something the people with 30 currently unusable commanders/ships can do to play with the content we have worked so hard on...PLEASSSEEEE people who love ships may in fact be a minority but we are still a part of the game and would love to play it more if you give us the chance to.

Please

Replies

• I like ships, but do get frustrated when I can't win a single battle of 5. However, that is all down to RNG, because I will actually beat a fleet after 3 attempts. Sometimes I make it to #1 but then be knocked down towards #50 overnight.
    I would definitely like ways to use more of my fleets.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Players, who focused on ships still gained a few hundred extra crystals every day for a year. That still accounts for something.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Players, who focused on ships still gained a few hundred extra crystals every day for a year. That still accounts for something.

Sure does..... just not coming soon to a theater near u
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Last 2 years.
    ... people with 6 good ships are going to compete or beat your 32 maxxed ships everyone will be on equal footing irregardless

You had me at irregardless.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

Meh, my ship crystals got me Darth Revan...pretty sure I’m well on my way to having the next ship meta too.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Meh, my ship crystals got me Darth Revan...pretty sure I’m well on my way to having the next ship meta too.

Ok.... and .... maybe we can take a crystal collection buy some doughnuts for the team maybe doughnuts will stop the 2+ years of pretending no ships.... irregardless of the doughnuts and irregardless of the irrgardless ignoring of ships that is straight up inconcreterehensible