Can we at least get a Gear Recommendation for Darth Revan event?

Replies

• I'm going to guess G10 just to be different. With a Zeta on Carth. That level with a lead zeta plus some good rng was all that was needed for the murder bears to unlock C3P0.
  • It will be less gear than you expect, but more than you want to use.

And DR himself will need all the same gear you just burned.

Lots of time to farm that gear now for DR with him delayed.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    I fail to see a dev post state anything about difficulty level......the line you are probably referring too as in "it will be a very difficult task to reclaim the sith throne" is purely a teaser line for introducing revan

There were two occasions when CG has explicitly stated that the event will be very difficult: Chewie and C3PO. And they were indeed difficult. So you can safely assume that you will need similar gear levels for Darth Revan.

Nice.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    tumblr_on36zgejOy1u3k8sgo3_r1_540.gif
  • I hope they make him only obtainable for a g12 team with really good mods. Considering they gave people enough to to get all characters to 7* in a free 2 play way.
  • They were being nice...they could have made Revan a required toon and then bring him just before they dropped DSR.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    I fail to see a dev post state anything about difficulty level......the line you are probably referring too as in "it will be a very difficult task to reclaim the sith throne" is purely a teaser line for introducing revan

This kid makes me laugh. Hey, stick with G9 and let me know how many times you crack your phone screen from throwing it at the wall.

Oh mine are or will be g12 when it hits so doesn't impact me but I just dont like people discouraging others over pure speculation.....never been a g12 required journey yet and I dont see it happening now
  • Any words of the devs team?
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Doxige wrote: »
    Any words of the devs team?

At this point, it matters very little. It is what it is. Either we are ready or we are not.

I still think this is a journey and, as such, it should be like the previous ones.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Doxige wrote: »
    The first time revan came we had a Gear recommendation some days before the event... Even if the event is delayed, can we get the recommendation?

As they said the delay is due to the event itself, so until they finish testing, as they said, they may not have that information ironed out yet.
  • Simple fix to possibly increasing event difficulty, and not going back on previous posts of t6 being G9 for journeys, is add a tier 7. They did vaguely say this is about event issues. Not kit and stuff.
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    Fix why? Because they gave us 3 extra days to prepare ? 😂 that’s hardly a justification to bumping gear requirements
  • Shenanigans052
    1681 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    The team is a great tw/ga team so you should be gearing them regardless
  • Well CG you blew the DRevan release. Any chance you can let us no gear requirements for DRevan now that we have extra days to farm gear for him. Throw the players a little bone here.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Darthtarp wrote: »
    Simple fix to possibly increasing event difficulty, and not going back on previous posts of t6 being G9 for journeys, is add a tier 7. They did vaguely say this is about event issues. Not kit and stuff.

Did they state that? Or was that in reference to a specific journey?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The team is a great tw/ga team so you should be gearing them regardless

This. I committed to them early for just this reason.
  • Ozymandias1
    116 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    He requires several pieces that don't exist yet. Still working on how much that gear will cost. See you on Monday.
  • Darthtarp
    14 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Kyno, I'd have to look for it. But remember there being a comment from cg about how journey is geared for different tiers. But it ends with t6 being G9. It may have been when people were asking gear requirement for revan event. I'm not saying there will be a t7 for Darth revan. Just saying it could happen.
  • Darthtarp wrote: »
    Kyno, I'd have to look for it. But remember there being a comment from cg about how journey is geared for different tiers. But it ends with t6 being G9. It may have been when people were asking gear requirement for revan event. I'm not saying there will be a t7 for Darth revan. Just saying it could happen.

Well it likely will now with this post. Yall stay giving them ideas lol
  • B0baf3tt wrote: »
    I'm not saying this event won't need g11+ just that your kind going to be mad as hell when it dosnt. I mean carth an co is goodnfor Ga and all but for people that struggle with gear gearing them up that high and not needing it is going to be a kick in the teeth

They are great toons worth having at G12. Well maybe not juhani but the rest for sure

Tooooooo bad.
    Mines gear 11 right now.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    what was the recommended gear for the chewy and 3po events?
    iirc it was g12, but doable with way less (but boatloads of retries).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Doxige wrote: »
    The first time revan came we had a Gear recommendation some days before the event... Even if the event is delayed, can we get the recommendation?

Bigly
  • Jaden
    162 posts Member
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    I hope they make him only obtainable for a g12 team with really good mods. Considering they gave people enough to to get all characters to 7* in a free 2 play way.

G12 with god mods will never happen lol. G11 with decent mods should be where they put this on par with some of the other difficult events.
  • Spang wrote: »

There were two occasions when CG has explicitly stated that the event will be very difficult: Chewie and C3PO. And they were indeed difficult. So you can safely assume that you will need similar gear levels for Darth Revan.

Those were legendary events though....not journey events. In the past, CG has said that the final tier of journey events is tuned for G9. So we don't yet know what a "difficult" journey event will look like. Keep in mind, the difficulty of Chewie and 3PO also depended on which characters you had available. Running the Chewie event with Bossk and Dengar makes it easier.....running the 3PO event with Logray, Wicket and Paploo makes it easier. So there isn't really any set difficulty level for those events because different line-ups could be used. I completed both at the 7* level and the only G12 I had was Boba. You've got some people claiming a journey event, normally G9 level, is going to be ramped up to G12 when that wasn't even needed for either Chewie or 3PO, lol.

From the looks of the Revan kit reveal, we're going to be fighting in stages without full teams...so that's probably one way it's could be made more difficult because it looks like you won't be able to have 1 or 2 toons carrying the rest of the team like you could with the Jedi Revan event. Also, it looks like we'll be using an event Darth Revan like we did with the Jedi Revan event and we won't have any control over his gearing/mods so however they set him up is another way they can influence the difficulty. Given that CG has stated that journey events are tuned to G9 difficulty (see below), I would expect this one to jump up a little bit in difficulty based on the wording of the announcement but I don't see it going all the way up to full G11 difficulty...that would set a really awful precedent for future journey events.

3hfap2k45rkh.jpg
  • That's the post I was looking for about G9 for t6 of journey events. We can nick pick all day. Says THIS event. What does THIS mean. Also just add a tier and give us more kotor memories.
  • Perfect subject matter for Carries drunk post at 3a!
  • Doxige
    98 posts Member
    Yeah, the point of this post is get clear which will be the gear recommended, not what we want or want not to be... @Kyno is there anything you can do for us to know that?