Can we at least get a Gear Recommendation for Darth Revan event?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Doxige wrote: »
    Yeah, the point of this post is get clear which will be the gear recommended, not what we want or want not to be... Kyno is there anything you can do for us to know that?

No we have nothing right now. Just in a holding pattern until the event is ready.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Doxige wrote: »
    Yeah, the point of this post is get clear which will be the gear recommended, not what we want or want not to be... Kyno is there anything you can do for us to know that?

No we have nothing right now. Just in a holding pattern until the event is ready.

Any way they might tell us ahead of launch like they did with jedi revan
  • Slothmaster
    247 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    It’s going to be about the same as the other Journey events... you’re all just bogus speculating because you want it to be a higher requirement.

Jedi Knight Revan’s event was, and I quote (thanks to @Vos_Landeck), “balanced to be in line with Hero’s Journey events. We design these events so players can experience the story without needing to bring your characters to G11 or G12”.

There’s no reason for them to change the trend now. Stop being angry about F2P having time to farm the required characters and think logically.
  • I'd suggest gear 11 to prep for the event but that's probably because I won't be at gear 12 before it starts😂
  • m1ixbflywgtz.png
    Not official official but pretty darn close confirmation that it will be difficult
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Considering I got JKR with my guys at G9, I'd like to think DR would follow suit, and if not, what's the qualifier to make the DR event any more difficult?
  • Probably to start increasing journey events to be a bit harder
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    Probably to start increasing journey events to be a bit harder

I think giving people more time to farm the characters at a trade off that the actual event would be harder is pretty fair tbh
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    m1ixbflywgtz.png
    Not official official but pretty darn close confirmation that it will be difficult

Now I don't think I'm ready for the event anymore :D
  • mvmss wrote: »
    m1ixbflywgtz.png

6xqhgqgnvacv.jpg
    I sure am
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Good for you
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    mvmss wrote: »
    m1ixbflywgtz.png

6xqhgqgnvacv.jpg
    I sure am

Your arrogance blinds the force in you, you will not get DR. Lol
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    mvmss wrote: »
    m1ixbflywgtz.png

6xqhgqgnvacv.jpg
    I sure am

Where are the zetas? You don't want that foresight from Bastila? Keep working.
  • Ultrapwnager
    23 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    if2nxs4p1acj.jpg
  • B0baf3tt
    182 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Was she in full command of her faculties at the time of this post?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    It's not gonna be "very difficult", but "quite challenging". Depending anyone's particular skilll ofcourse.
    I'm probably the only one who thought it was funny, but the tweet made me lauch haha.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I'm so looking forward to another Chewie-level RNG insanity...
    /s
  • Quick PANIC GEAR FARM!!!
  • Gear 11, zeta on carth. G12 for less RNG.
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    if2nxs4p1acj.jpg

Gang there is your answer right there ...

“Challenging” does NOT equal “Very Difficult” so it’s not chewy/c3po gear levels required .

Additionally, when they released JKRs journey they specially said they want the entire community to experience the journey type event without having to take characters to high gear levels. It’s going to be the exact same as before .

• MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    And “challenging” is just that at the standard g8 . So let’s get off this topic and be happy
  • MuCuS wrote: »
    if2nxs4p1acj.jpg

“Challenging” does NOT equal “Very Difficult” so it’s not chewy/c3po gear levels required .

Additionally, when they released JKRs journey they specially said they want the entire community to experience the journey type event without having to take characters to high gear levels. It’s going to be the exact same as before .

I don't see how you can get that from what she said. She specifically mentions other times that they said an event will be difficult, 3po and chewie, both those events were brutal. If Dr is like that it will be very difficult for people to unlock him.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    MuCuS wrote: »
    if2nxs4p1acj.jpg

I don't see how you can get that from what she said. She specifically mentions other times that they said an event will be difficult, 3po and chewie, both those events were brutal. If Dr is like that it will be very difficult for people to unlock him.
    3hfap2k45rkh.jpg

I'd rather believe the general rule said in an official way and without any exception to date than overeact to some vague twitter post and a sentence "difficult task to reclaim the sith throne" which could just be just for lore.

First scenario is the more likely to happen. Doesn't mean the second one can't happen, but the probability is so much lower.
  • Gluckychou wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    MuCuS wrote: »
    if2nxs4p1acj.jpg

3hfap2k45rkh.jpg

I'd rather believe the general rule said in an official way and without any exception to date than overeact to some vague twitter post and a sentence "difficult task to reclaim the sith throne" which could just be just for lore.

First scenario is the more likely to happen. Doesn't mean the second one can't happen, but the probability is so much lower.

I really hope that you are right. I have carth and fbs g11 but the rest are only g7/8.
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    Thanks for posting that I couldn’t find it glucky. There is no way they are retracting that statement because it completely hoses the overall player base and the back lash would be worse than the couple hundred super whales who are wining because they want their exclusivity by conjuring up some idea of a g12 requirement
  • That is a really good point. If they go back on what they said about the difficulty of these events they will have lied to the community and I could see lots of people just deleting the game and moving on if that was the case. No one likes to be lied to.
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    It’s difficult enough to just get them to 7* (it’s takes extreme dedication, planning, spending)and I would doubt it’s more than 2%-5% of the player base(on any given shard) that will actually do that . And with a few extra days we can bump this one up a couple %.

When JKR first pass our shard had exactly 26 of them. How many folks are on a shard ? 1000s? 2000s?

This idea of making this more difficult it just purely selfish and ridiculous conjured up by the extreme and very few who want to be one of five people on a shard with a DR.

I personally would quit this game if that happens .
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    I.e. part of the word “very challenging” is getting the required toons to 7*. Everyone reads way to much into this