Fracture, Isolate, Marked with CBM

StarSon
7411 posts Member
edited March 2019
So, trying to break this out from the megas, since stuff gets buried there, but is there any information about how Corrupted Battle Meditation interacts with these debuffs in particular?

BSF's new unique says (when under a DR lead)
enemies inflicted with Corrupted Battle Meditation can't inflict debuffs on enemies when they use an ability (excludes Raid Bosses)

Fracture, Isolate, JKR's Marked, RJT's Healing Immunity... these are all locked buffs that cannot be evaded or resisted. But will CBM prevent them?

Edit: decided to bring this here after seeing someone else ask on reddit

Replies

• To me, this is a new tier in the hierarchy.

Can't Inflict > Can't Resist > Tenacity Down > Tenacity Up > Potency Up/Down and how the game and stats used to work
  • You forgot “Can’t Evade”.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Turvantus wrote: »
    You forgot “Can’t Evade”.

Can't evade just means they'll get hit, it has nothing to do with the application of a debuff.

But I think "Immune" needs to be first.
  • You just know before long we'll have abilities that "Pierce Immunity" and "Cannot be Prevented" to get around Darth Revan and Bastila Shan (Fallen).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    So, trying to break this out from the megas, since stuff gets buried there, but is there any information about how Corrupted Battle Meditation interacts with these debuffs in particular?

enemies inflicted with Corrupted Battle Meditation can't inflict debuffs on enemies when they use an ability (excludes Raid Bosses)

Fracture, Isolate, JKR's Marked, RJT's Healing Immunity... these are all locked buffs that cannot be evaded or resisted. But will CBM prevent them?

Yes, the battle corrupted toon will not be able to output a debuff when they use an ability.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Yes, the battle corrupted toon will not be able to output a debuff when they use an ability.

Interesting. Is there a dev confirmation coming?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Interesting. Is there a dev confirmation coming?

I believe so, but if I can find it I will work on that.
  • So wait - Fallen Bast goes, my team all gets CBM automatically (which can't be dispelled), and now Thrawn, Traya, RJT all lose some of their strongest assets?

Yeah, no power creep there.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    So wait - Fallen Bast goes, my team all gets CBM automatically (which can't be dispelled), and now Thrawn, Traya, RJT all lose some of their strongest assets?

Presumably
    Yeah, no power creep there.

Did you think there wouldn't be? They have openly admitted to power creep. It is what they have chosen instead of constantly balancing everything.
  • BanRommil
    14 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    It's not a power creep, it's a power leap. Observe:

m912iohc4hdh.gif
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Did you think there wouldn't be? They have openly admitted to power creep. It is what they have chosen instead of constantly balancing everything.

Of course there would be. But it's not even Revan breaking them. It's a 3* marquee toon.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

Of course there would be. But it's not even Revan breaking them. It's a 3* marquee toon.

Sure, except if you only have her at 3*, then you don't have Darth Revan, and CBM only behaves that way under his leader ability.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited March 2019

People always complain about this, but the fact of the matter is that at a certain point, power creep becomes unavoidable. Keeping the game interesting means making it more complex, and you can't introduce more complex kits without eventually creating synergies that mean old ones get left in the dust. That's why they do reworks, to keep (some of) the older stuff somewhat relevant.

Additionally, they need to drive purchases to make money, and there wouldn't be much incentive to spend for a new character if there were already a dozen characters that do the same thing with slight variations.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

People always complain about this, but the fact of the matter is that at a certain point, power creep becomes unavoidable. Keeping the game interesting means making it more complex, and you can't introduce more complex kits without eventually creating synergies that mean old ones get left in the dust. That's why they do reworks, to keep (some of) the older stuff somewhat relevant.

Additionally, they need to drive purchases to make money, and there wouldn't be much incentive to spend for a new character if there were already a dozen characters that do the same thing with slight variations.

Creep is fine, taking massive leaps over the heads of previous power leaps just leads to many useless toons and people feel like they don't get to use their investments anymore except in PvE content, hence the emergence of GA for those that like to use all their toons in a PvP setting, but then that's still dominated based on whether or not you have the top team available and whether or not your opponents are bothering to try.
  • Kmyre
    30 posts Member
    A perfect example of power creep not being the only way forwar is CLS and, to some extent Finn and RJT. They have been around for quite some time and yet, remain relevant. I strongly believe these toons were one of the bigger booms this game have ever received and are shining examples of good character design. What they all have in common is that they felt OP at release. I’m hoping that the revans will be looked upon as such eventually in the future.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Fracture, Isolate etc. cannot be resisted so I assume you can apply it through CBM.
  • Guess we’ll know on Monday...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    Fracture, Isolate etc. cannot be resisted so I assume you can apply it through CBM.

The toon is not resisting it, they toon trying to apply it is being "blocked" from doing so.
    Guess we’ll know on Monday...

Trying to push for some responses out today.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Kmyre wrote: »
    A perfect example of power creep not being the only way forwar is CLS and, to some extent Finn and RJT. They have been around for quite some time and yet, remain relevant. I strongly believe these toons were one of the bigger booms this game have ever received and are shining examples of good character design. What they all have in common is that they felt OP at release. I’m hoping that the revans will be looked upon as such eventually in the future.

I mean, Danger Zone used to be a meta team. It's a joke now, for the most part. Everything eventually falls out of the spotlight.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno wrote: »

The toon is not resisting it, they toon trying to apply it is being "blocked" from doing so.

Ok cool, either way I bet we find out Monday, since that’s when he’s dropping for sure, they wouldn’t, push his release any further, there’s just no conceivable way it would be pushed any further, right? Haha
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Ok cool, either way I bet we find out Monday, since that’s when he’s dropping for sure, they wouldn’t, push his release any further, there’s just no conceivable way it would be pushed any further, right? Haha

Sure, let's say that. :wink:
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member

Sure, let's say that. :wink:

you are welcome to tell us before that if you find out ;)
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    I don't think CBM will 'block' special debuffs like 'Fracture' or 'Isolation', just normal debuffs like 'Ability Block' or 'Offense Down'. Otherwise this would be a new behaviour and lead to a total desaster. That's like blocking CLS' 'Call To Action' or Hermit Yodas 'Master Training' even if there's written "can't be prevented".
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    BanRommil wrote: »
    To me, this is a new tier in the hierarchy.

Can't Inflict > Can't Resist > Tenacity Down > Tenacity Up > Potency Up/Down and how the game and stats used to work

<Can’t be Prevented=Can’t be unprevented. Then it becomes Good vs. Evil, CG vs. EA, Nihilus vs. NS Zombie... I was on Nihilus’ side...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kisakee wrote: »
    I don't think CBM will 'block' special debuffs like 'Fracture' or 'Isolation', just normal debuffs like 'Ability Block' or 'Offense Down'. Otherwise this would be a new behaviour and lead to a total desaster. That's like blocking CLS' 'Call To Action' or Hermit Yodas 'Master Training' even if there's written "can't be prevented".

We will have to see how this plays out, but cant be resisted, is only on the opponents side. "cant be prevented" is more all encompassing.

• Kmyre wrote: »

CLS was absurd power creep for his era, no other toon even came close and people couldn't think of possible ways CG could outclass him...Guess what?

• On Monday, we will all find out that the game considers death an unresistable debuff, so CBM will also prevent that. Don't worry, the next marquee character will have a special ability that will cleanse undispellable debuffs.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/198959/darth-revan-kit-faq#latest

Those debuffs cannot be inflicted if the initiator has corrupted battle meditation.