Yoda the new Star of my Arena and GW Squad

There have been mixed posts about Yoda. But I just wanted to share my experience so far. He has helped me dominate Poe droid squads, matchup better against Sid/Dooku/Phasma squads. Even helps a little against QGJ squads so overall I give him an A+. In Arena I have been using him with Sid (L), Phasma, Lumi, and Poe. Sub Eeth Koth for Phasma against droid squads. In GW he is a savior against Sid/Dooku/Daka/Kylo squads due to his Tenacity buff which resists everything for a few turns. I will be working on adding QGJ as an option in my squad next as well as Dooku. How is everyone else's experience with Yoda been?

Replies

• USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I don't have Yoda... but I have been destroying the AI arena Yoda without any problems.
    AI Yoda is not a threat and is always the third target I take out, my Dooku Poewns all Jedi in arena....especially QGJ, Lumi, and Yoda.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    All teams are beatable on defense.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    I don't have Yoda... but I have been destroying the AI arena Yoda without any problems.
    AI Yoda is not a threat and is always the third target I take out, my Dooku Poewns all Jedi in arena....especially QGJ, Lumi, and Yoda.

^^^^ This.

I feel Yoda will be better at higher level, but right now I feel that he is a situational support toon.
  • Options
    Since he has speed he is part of Meta. Great against a lot of different teams. Not worried about defense.
  • Options
    Go with the flow, keep collecting toons that matter, and one day you will be swimming with the "whales". As far as I've witnessed here, every toon "su cks" in some way, but are brilliant in so many other ways. I only have toons that are available to f2p, but I am still usually top 1-5...Does anything else really matter?

Yoda is worth having no matter what...as well as many other characters. Have fun...offense is king!
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    USAmazing wrote: »

^^^^ This.

I feel Yoda will be better at higher level, but right now I feel that he is a situational support toon.

Been running him at 5* since last event with QGJ lead... Beating droid teams became possible after added RG... Yoda basically retired my Sid/Phasma/FOTP (6* max gear)... RG retired my Poe. Yoda is awesome... Always goes first... Sid/Dooku/Poe/Droids/Ben no longer an issue...

(Recently upgraded to 6*, he is a beast...)

Btw defense is great, but nothing like knowing you can win that match at 5:58 pm... So you run the clock down. Not every team composition is that dependable (I run QGJ, Yoda, GS, RG, Lumi...) always top 3 usually 1st