Darth Revan Kit FAQ [MEGA]

Replies

• Gluckychou wrote: »
    Thrawn can't fracture, JKR can't direct focus, Traya can't do isolation, JTR can't apply heal immunity.
    Seems completly broken with just an omega unique.

Clear and terrible explanation of the guidelines to design DRevan kit: must beat everything, must be unbeatable by other teams, even forcing past game rules to his convenience. 🤨

someone's salty
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Riffinator wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb CG_ParkingInstructor What about corrupted battle meditation on characters that passively provide a debuff? For example the expose from c3po?

C3POs unique states that when a rebel ally uses a basic ability, this would be an action and is covered by his statements:
    Does Bastila Shan (Fallen) inflict debuffs if she has Corrupted Battle Meditation?
    Unique 3 of Bastila Shan (Fallen) states, “enemies inflicted with Corrupted Battle Meditation can't inflict debuffs on enemies when they use an ability”. This means passive abilities will apply debuffs unless the condition is triggered by an active ability. Bastila Shan (Fallen) will be able to inflict Corrupted Battle Meditation (CBM) while inflicted with CBM because it does not require the use of an active ability (Basic, Special).

This would mean that if only 3PO has CBM, the rebels should still be able to inflict debuffs. But if the rebel taking action has CBM, then they will not be able to inflict a debuff.

Thank you, also another question but i guess thats up to testing. They wont be able to inflict the debuff so i guess they will be resisted, than my guess is lets say cls can tm feed this way off of it if hes got cbm or the debuff itself will be disabled so it wont be a resisted effect?

if it isnt applied it cant be resisted.

I understand that, i was asking about the effect beeing resisted so kinda like tenacity up or the debuff not beeing resisted but disabled like with vaders tmr immunity.

It is not resisted, it is not applied.

The basic 3 checks
    Does it hit?
    Will it produce the effect? (This is now 0% in these cases)
    Tenacity/potency check? (We dont get here)

So essentially the only way to beat it is mirror matches. Great...another 4-5 months of squad arena/ga/tw horror.

Hardly. A fast cls team will be able to blow up Bastila before she even gets to spread CBM. Any fast non-Jedi team will outrun DR as the extra speed doesn’t kick in until they’re debuffed.
    He looks way more beatable and counterable than JR was and still is
  • iBics
    58 posts Member
    So if he gets CC and Speed from every debuff, even stackable debuffs (im assuming even dots) why cant han's falcon cleanse if a rebel ally has 3 dots on him?
  • @CG_SBCrumb

Will Sith Trooper's unique be updated to take Sith Empire allies into consideration? Same question as well for Fallen Bastila's basic (critical chance and damage) and Sith Assassin's 2 special abilities.

Let me rephrase this question.
    We're not asking about secret, future updates here.
    What we're asking is if these abilities have been reviewed and if they have been considered appropriate?

Most of DR's team members are actually anti synergystic (SiT not working with HK, SAss dispelling precious Ferocity debuffs). Is that WAI or was that missed during the testing?
  • NinjaChronicles
    308 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    • Does Bastila Shan (Fallen) inflict debuffs if she has Corrupted Battle Meditation?
      Unique 3 of Bastila Shan (Fallen) states, “enemies inflicted with Corrupted Battle Meditation can't inflict debuffs on enemies when they use an ability”. This means passive abilities will apply debuffs unless the condition is triggered by an active ability. Bastila Shan (Fallen) will be able to inflict Corrupted Battle Meditation (CBM) while inflicted with CBM because it does not require the use of an active ability (Basic, Special).
    • Does each stack of Ferocity count for the calculation of damage for Boba Fett’s Execute and Darth Vader’s Culling Blade?
      Yes.

Can't wait to theory crafting some teams around these statements! Sounds like Carth lead OR and Bossk lead BH might be some good fights...

Edit: My question here was answered somewhere in the thread already...

Thank you for the update @CG_SBCrumb and @CG_ParkingInstructor , love these kinds of communications!
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    • Does Bastila Shan (Fallen) inflict debuffs if she has Corrupted Battle Meditation?
    • Does each stack of Ferocity count for the calculation of damage for Boba Fett’s Execute and Darth Vader’s Culling Blade?
      Yes.

Can't wait to theory crafting some teams around these statements! Sounds like Carth lead OR and Bossk lead BH might be some good fights...

I do have one question around "can't apply debuffs" though, does this mean that the debuffs are counted as resisted or are any abilities with debuffs application not attempted?

Thank you for the update @CG_SBCrumb and @CG_ParkingInstructor , love these kinds of communications!

Not sure Cart/OR will have an edge vs DR.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Couldn't you guys have just made ferocity not a debuff or buff like the contracts for the bh.
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
      Yes.

Edit: My question here was answered somewhere in the thread already...

It dosent get resisted its just you cant even attempt to apply the debuffs so abilities that give u tm from ur opponent resisting debuff wont trigger
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Halo wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb CG_ParkingInstructor What about corrupted battle meditation on characters that passively provide a debuff? For example the expose from c3po?

C3POs unique states that when a rebel ally uses a basic ability, this would be an action and is covered by his statements:
    Does Bastila Shan (Fallen) inflict debuffs if she has Corrupted Battle Meditation?

This would mean that if only 3PO has CBM, the rebels should still be able to inflict debuffs. But if the rebel taking action has CBM, then they will not be able to inflict a debuff.

Thank you, also another question but i guess thats up to testing. They wont be able to inflict the debuff so i guess they will be resisted, than my guess is lets say cls can tm feed this way off of it if hes got cbm or the debuff itself will be disabled so it wont be a resisted effect?

I understand that, i was asking about the effect beeing resisted so kinda like tenacity up or the debuff not beeing resisted but disabled like with vaders tmr immunity.

The basic 3 checks
    Does it hit?

So essentially the only way to beat it is mirror matches. Great...another 4-5 months of squad arena/ga/tw horror.

Hardly. A fast cls team will be able to blow up Bastila before she even gets to spread CBM. Any fast non-Jedi team will outrun DR as the extra speed doesn’t kick in until they’re debuffed.

If you read DR and Fasts abilities, then CLS will likely struggled..

1st, she's got 70% extra health and at g12 with all the pieces she is already quite tanky.

2nd, in conjunction with Revans zeta on Conquerer, when Han shoots first and stuns fBastilla, she will remove them and apply ferocity. Hans 2nd shot will not reduce turn meter due to Revans Lead. She'll still be alive with ferocity and full TM
  • Halo wrote: »

The basic 3 checks
    Does it hit?

She has +70% hp (with a base of 40k, so that's a lot), is immune to tmr and to stun, and has +50% defense. (and maybe foresight if you have 20zetas to waste).
    Good luck with that before her first turn.
  • Gluckychou wrote: »
    Halo wrote: »

The basic 3 checks
    Does it hit?

She has +70% hp (with a base of 40k, so that's a lot), is immune to tmr and to stun, and has +50% defense. (and maybe foresight if you have 20zetas to waste).
    Good luck with that before her first turn.

75% hp not 70% plus bsf will be one of the fastest toons on the team to also make it harder then if they run sith trooper good luck getting to her in the first place. Not immune to stun but cleanses like traya a d gets 1 stack of ferocity plus while she has the stun before she goes it still adds 15 speed to her
      Yes.

I do have one question around "can't apply debuffs" though, does this mean that the debuffs are counted as resisted or are any abilities with debuffs application not attempted?

I'm thinking to use Carth lead with Mission, Big Z, Can-do, and Vader. If you can ramp up the dots fast enough I think it only takes around 15 debuffs to one shot a character with culling blade then heal up with carth's lead. Idk, might work...
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    As with all characters, we will monitor how Darth Revan does in the wild for any issues and feedback. We will manage any issues and let you know as soon as possible.

Yeah. More nerfs to characters that would dare resisting the new shiny thing then... We know the drill by now.
      Yes.

I'm thinking to use Carth lead with Mission, Big Z, Can-do, and Vader. If you can ramp up the dots fast enough I think it only takes around 15 debuffs to one shot a character with culling blade then heal up with carth's lead. Idk, might work...

How will u place debuffs with CBM on you?
      Yes.

Can CBM be placed on all 5 characters in one move? That's not how I read it but if that's the case then I might have to rethink things...
      Yes.

Just wait 3 turns to get that amount by themselves through ferocity.
      Yes.

Ok. You hadn't mentioned running DV with Cart/OR. But that makes sense. We'll have to wait and see, but is certainly something to try out.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
      Yes.

Can CBM be placed on all 5 characters in one move? That's not how I read it but if that's the case then I might have to rethink things...

Unique 1: Corrupted Battle Meditation

FINAL TEXT: At the start of Bastila's turn, all enemies lose 3% Turn Meter (doubled against non-Jedi and non-Sith) and are inflicted with Corrupted Battle Meditation for 1 turn. Then Bastila recovers 1% Protection for each debuff on enemies.

Yea all enemies will be inflictedbut you can still resist it though
      Yes.

Just wait 3 turns to get that amount by themselves through ferocity.

Yea but by that point they will have twice ur speed and inflicting fear also and have a huge feeling at 10 ferocity they might start hitting as hard as gmy does on a jkr team and harder at 15 and dont forget cbm also gives -30% cc against vader and -60% if they are not a jedi or sith so criting on culling blade to 1 shot will be hard and when u kill 1 hk will start using assasination protocol cause a sith empire toon died and reset the cd
  • Dare I say - this communication on Drevan is improved. Ty Crumb
      Yes.

FINAL TEXT: At the start of Bastila's turn, all enemies lose 3% Turn Meter (doubled against non-Jedi and non-Sith) and are inflicted with Corrupted Battle Meditation for 1 turn. Then Bastila recovers 1% Protection for each debuff on enemies.

So just beat her on speed, shouldn't bee too hard with Vader, but I won't know until we get DR in hand... I feel like the team might be missing one piece to make them completely unbeatable and if I can find that weakness this might turn into a cyclical meta which would be awesome!

It seems this team is centered around debuffs so abilities that interact with debuffs/buffs could be a key component.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Anyone considered zeta kru as an anti dreven?

Orr cls lead rebels could make an alternative with r2’s passive cleanse on crit? I know assists and stuff will be limited to before fbs gets a turn but... thinking?
  • R2E2s
    43 posts Member
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Anyone considered zeta kru as an anti dreven?

Orr cls lead rebels could make an alternative with r2’s passive cleanse on crit? I know assists and stuff will be limited to before fbs gets a turn but... thinking?

BSF and DR give shock so it will stop KRU from getting health back. When DR uses Insanity on KRU or whoever is in the leader position the whole team will get fear to slow everyone down. With all the debuffs being spread around HK and Marauder can start defeating them.

For CLS BSF’s CBM stops their counter chances and lowers their CC to stop their chances of crits, as well as they can’t apply debuffs to gain TM. Shock and fear will cripple them.
  • We might be over thinking things.
    1.) The devs want to make a rock-paper-scissors scenario in arena, where most factions can be viable.
    2.) This team will literally be eternally debuffed.
    3.) Jango lead bounty hunters trigger contract by attacking debuffed enemies.
    Just a brief example of how non meta teams might now have a roll as an anti meta, like Night Sisters with Jedi.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Jango lead is a good shout actually @OrionSmuggler
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
      Yes.

So just beat her on speed, shouldn't bee too hard with Vader, but I won't know until we get DR in hand... I feel like the team might be missing one piece to make them completely unbeatable and if I can find that weakness this might turn into a cyclical meta which would be awesome!

It seems this team is centered around debuffs so abilities that interact with debuffs/buffs could be a key component.

That's my plan, I'll continue running Jedi revan, and just try to mark fallen bast on first turn. Hopefully they'll be able to kill the team quick and save DR for last.
    They won't have any defense, so it shouldn't be that bad, right? 👀
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So DR can be actually blown up with the Probe (has to survive to equalize). Also can be killed with sufficiently boosted Culling Blade or Execute, though that might be problematic with the 70% max health buff from Nasty Basty. That certainly opens some possibilities.
  • Thank you for these clarifications, but I have more questions, namely:
    Eeth Koth's Leader ability Stalwart Jedi Defender final text states "Jedi allies gain 60 Defense";
    does this mean ALL Jedi? and does this apply to himself as well? and if a Jedi ally gains Defense from another source, will it still gain this 60 Defense? and if they gain Defense Down, will that be subtracted from their base Defense first, or from their bonus Defense? and is the 60 Defense from EK considered "Bonus Defense" or is it just regular Defense? and if so, does the Bonus Defense scale with their Defense or with their Accuracy? Thank you.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    @nauros shhh about probe droid they will hear you.