Why does CG penalize players for a game generated restart?

Attention: I am not reporting a bug! I have seen this issue hidden away and moved before in an effort to avoid responding to the topic.

I do understand there are bugs that cause the game to want to restart. However, that is NOT the point I am trying to make, so there is no need to move this to bug reports.

THE POINT FOR DISCUSSION: Why does CG penalize their players for a restart that the game generates?

When the game encounters an issues and decides that it needs to restart during a PvP battle, the player is penalized, both by having their team count as being used and an attack attempt being registered, reducing future points. I have read about people that would force close the game to avoid an unwanted outcome. I assume that is why the game is coded this way. However, I don't see any reason to penalize the player in this manner when the restart is generated by the game.

Replies

• Attention: I am not reporting a bug! I have seen this issue hidden away and moved before in an effort to avoid responding to the topic.

I do understand there are bugs that cause the game to want to restart. However, that is NOT the point I am trying to make, so there is no need to move this to bug reports.

THE POINT FOR DISCUSSION: Why does CG penalize their players for a restart that the game generates?

When the game encounters an issues and decides that it needs to restart during a PvP battle, the player is penalized, both by having their team count as being used and an attack attempt being registered, reducing future points. I have read about people that would force close the game to avoid an unwanted outcome. I assume that is why the game is coded this way. However, I don't see any reason to penalize the player in this manner when the restart is generated by the game.

Because it is possible to force the game to restart all on its own
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Attention: I am not reporting a bug! I have seen this issue hidden away and moved before in an effort to avoid responding to the topic.

In a perfect world i totally agree with you....

Except i. The real world cheaters and lamers would just figure out a way to get advantage play... figure out how to simulate server restart and just forceclose over n over.....

I lost my GA to a known reported verifed toon bug.... will it be ever fixed... nope... no money in it for em

• Because it is possible to force the game to restart all on its own

Right. It is possible for the player to force the game to restart. When that happens, do you see an error message pop up?

However, when the game encounters an error, a screen that pops up saying a restart is needed. The game is deciding it wants to restart. This is not caused by the player. I don't know of any way for the player to force these errors to occur and I don't think CG knows either. Otherwise they would just fix the bugs.

Can a player force the 'restart needed' screen to pop up?
    Can CG tell the difference between a player forces a restart and when their restart screen pops up?
    Can CG just add a few lines of code to that restart script so that the player isn't penalized?
  • iBics
    58 posts Member

Because it is possible to force the game to restart all on its own

Can a player force the 'restart needed' screen to pop up?
    Can CG tell the difference between a player forces a restart and when their restart screen pops up?
    Can CG just add a few lines of code to that restart script so that the player isn't penalized?

No. After the app is closed there's no other window that could pop up.
    No. The client can't tell the difference between one of its errors or the player force closing the app.
    Probably. Probably not. If it could be possible to track every second of the battle. I would add a way for the player to be able to re-enter the battle after a client restart. If it was a problem on the client-side, good, the player can continue the battle. If it was the player who wished to force-stop the app then the results will be from where the player left off. Add a timer for the player to re-enter, don't just let the battle timer tick further.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The simple answer, because if they didnt, you could simply force close the app and get a free pass on the attack if it doesn't go well and have everything back.

As you said this is an issue and the best way to get a response and highlight the issue it to discuss any bugs and issues at Answers HQ
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>