Effectiveness of gradual development

Right now I'm trying to power up some of my sith raid factions mostly resistance and nightsisters as they are my current best teams. However due to the slow gear farm caused by high demand of gear 11 and 12 salvage I'm just scraping by. Now I'm looking for other areas to power up these toons like giving them better mods but how much will my characters actually improve if I only manage to slowly adjust a toon to better perform (like replace one mod or fully slice one or simply giving a toon a single gear) over time? My guess is very little but due to slow gear farms and increasingly hard to find high end mods I'm trying my best to up my game

Replies

• Mods are incredibly important. Swapping from a bad to a good mod is generally much more impactful than adding one gear piece.

Each individual gear piece/mod doesn't usually make an immediately noticeable difference to a toon so it can feel like a slog sometimes, but there is a steady accumulation. Rather than thinking of each individual addition to assess your progress, try to take a snapshot of your roster week by week or month by month. You'll notice a steady improvement over time.

Also, with each new great mod you get, the mod it replaces can trickle down to your next best team. Over time you'll find that by improving the team you started out modding, you'll have developed multiple well-modded squads.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Yeah, I agree with a lot of this to the extent that I can make loadouts that are on certain toons that when events come and go it is worth it for me to save loadouts and equip them as they are relevant. 300000 credits is small beans to completing an event. I need speed and potency, then I will borrow my Vader, Poe, R2, etc mods for that toon. Swap em back after. It's worth it. You see the difference in RNG being your enemy vs. RNG giving you a chance.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Mods are most importsnt part of game. G10 teams with good mods can easily beat g12 teams.

In short, farm mods - a lot. There are lots of guides.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Raid modding is usually quite different from PVP modding though. I just try to upgrade for more Speed for PVP, raid teams get the scraps of what's left unused.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    You don't have to push every toon straight to g12 but you do need to be clear about your objectives for each toon/squad, particularly in the age of GA where every point of GP bloat counts against you for matchmaking. For example, I run a mix of A, B and C teams in GA quite successfully but it takes good modding and strategy to succeed.

Good modding is crucial and it can compensate for gear levels to some extent but there are limits. A well modded g7 squad is highly unlikely to beat a poorly modded g12 squad.
  • With G11 resistance I do as much damage as lesser modded G12 teams. (more than most)

NS I took to G12 as its not too bad (daka worst) and again, mods are key.

Never skip the 3 refreshes on mods. That is the most important energy in the game.
    Mods don't change when metas do. Good mods will always find a use.

G11 is fine for most hstr teams.
  • Work on mods always.

Work on gearing 1 toon at a time. Better to have 1 good toon than 4 undergeared.