Territory Wars Matchmaking

Out of curiosity does anyone know how this works? I only ask because for the second week in a row we’ve been matched against a guild with nearly double our GP, we have 2 Revans in our guild their entire front line and second row had 10 Revan teams. It’s happened multiple times where we literally have zero chance of winning. I can accept the fact that we’re not going to win every TW but this matchmaking seems a bit ridiculous.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We dont know all the details.

Part of the reason for matches like that is that it's based on active GP, so you are matched with a guild that overall may have more GP, but didnt get everyone to sign up and the GP of the players who did, match more closely with yours.
  • Sewperbad
    56 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    So guilds use this to manipulate and get matched with lower active GP guilds? Feels a bit like getting our whole guild to participate is more of a punishment than anything if this is the case. Seems to me like matching guilds with the same Overall GP would be the better method no?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sewperbad wrote: »
    So guilds use this to manipulate and get matched with lower active GP guilds? Feels a bit like getting our whole guild to participate is more of a punishment than anything if this is the case. Seems to me like matching guilds with the same Overall GP would be the better method no?

Not necessarily, many guilds dont have 100% participation and/or dont have 50 "real remembers", and they will not make ticket alts sign up for TW.

The whole point of this matching method was to have a game mode where if a player doesn't like it or has RL issues they are not hurting the guild.