Exiled Thrawn Kit idea

ReworkGriev0us
213 posts Member
edited March 2019
This is Thrawn while he is exiled on the unnamed planet at the beginning of his book.
Exiled Thrawn
Neutral, support

Basic- pyussh berries: Inflict 1 stack of Berries on target enemy for 5 turns, with a 50% Chance to inflict 1 stack of Berries on a random enemy for 5 turns. This chance is doubled when Trawn attacks out-of-turn. This attack can't be Evaded or Resisted.
Berries: -10% Critical Damage per stack (max 5 stacks), Cant be Copied or Dispelled.

Special 1- Lure the Animals: Deal Special damage to each enemy with Berries for each stack of Berries on them. Then, for each enemy damaged by this attack, Inflict Offence Down for 2 turns and remove 1 stack of Berries. This attack can't be Evaded or Resisted.
Zeta:Gain 75% turn meter if any enemy had berries.
Cooldown:2

Special 2- Distracting Explosion: Inflict Distracted on all enemies for 1 turn, then deal physical damage to them. Target enemy loses 100% turn meter. These effects cant be resisted.
Cooldown: 4
Distracted: this unit has 0% accuracy when using an attack that damages a single target. This unit gains 25% turn meter when they attack.

Unique- Exiled: Trawn has 100% Counter Chance. When trawn gains a Status Effect, he Dispels it from himself. For each buff dispelled this way, Trawn recovers 5% Protection. For each debuff dispelled this way, Trawn loses 5% heath. This health loss can't defeat Trawn.
Zeta: Trawn is Immune to undispellable Debuffs.
Post edited by ReworkGriev0us on

Replies

• Forgot unlock conditions. He would be similar to a legendary event, but unlock at 4 stars. You would need to use imperial troopers, and have to use Eli Vanto (kit posted tomorrow)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Interesting. I’d be a larger fan if everything wasn’t avoidable, although I like the nod at his unique strategies. I’m excited for Eli Vanto!
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Wait, gain 100% turn meter on a 0 cool down special? Seems rather OP.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Wait, gain 100% turn meter on a 0 cool down special? Seems rather OP.

It’s useless unless you use the basic attack though
  • Exactly, you wouldn't use it unless everyone has berries. It would do nothing.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Exactly, you wouldn't use it unless everyone has berries. It would do nothing.

It's a good point actually, Ackbar's leader ability would cause allies to assist and Thrawn could use the ability to refresh his other cooldowns.
  • Allenb60 wrote: »
    Exactly, you wouldn't use it unless everyone has berries. It would do nothing.

It's a good point actually, Ackbar's leader ability would cause allies to assist and Thrawn could use the ability to refresh his other cooldowns.

Wow, thanks for the catch. Dont want everything to have 0 cooldown, I'll have to change something.
  • Now I increased the damage of Lure the Animals, but it only gives turn meter if enemies had berries. It also gives less turn meter.
  • Overall a really great idea. But I do have some problems with it.
    For starters I personally believe that counter chance and evasion don't go together. Which makes sense. When you evade you can't counter, so you block off some part o your kit. Also berries do practically nothing until you have the zeta, which I think is a shame. Going forward, my feedback will focus on removing the accuracy and evasion from the kit. Instead focusing more on counter chance and survivability.
    Basic- pyussh berries: Thrawn applies one stack of berries that is unavoidable and ignore immunity. 50% chance to apply berries to a second, random enemy. They last for 5 turns and cant be dispelled.
    Berries: -5% accuracy per stack
    Overall not a bad idea (aside from the effect). but the wording is a bit vague. The unique also includes an effect that can easily be placed here. I also think the berries should have a max stack. You could include a bonus effect or different effect on max stacks, but not sure yet so I have nothing here. I propose this:
    Inflict 1 stack of Berries on target enemy for 5 turns, with a 50% Chance to inflict 1 stack of Berries on a random enemy for 5 turns. This chance is doubled when Trawn attacks out-of-turn. This attack can't be Evaded or Resisted.
    Berries: -10% Critical Damage per stack (max 5 stacks), Cant be Copied or Dispelled.
    Special 1- Lure the Animals: Remove one stack of berries from all enemies. Then deal Special damage to any enemy that had berries for each stack of berries they had. Inflict offense down on all damaged enemies for 2 turns. This attack cant be evaded or resisted.
    Zeta:Gain 75% turn meter if any enemy had berries.
    Cooldown:0
    Nice idea, but I don't like the 0 turn cooldown. Even if it does nothing without berries on the enemy team. It doesn't allow you to really stack those berries. Or use any of the other special ability's. Especially the AI is going to fail with this. I think a cooldown of 2 would be better. Use it every other turn. Also the wording could be a bit better here as well. I propose this:
    Deal Special damage to each enemy with Berries for each stack of Berries on them. Then, for each enemy damaged by this attack, Inflict Offence Down for 2 turns and remove 1 stack of Berries. This attack can't be Evaded or Resisted.
    Special 2- Distracting Explosion: Daze all enemies for 1 turn. Target enemy loses 100% turn meter. These effects cant be resisted.
    Cooldown: 5
    Overall not a bad ability but the turn meter removal just gives less opportunities for trawn to counter. Thou it is only a single target so It might not matter that much. The Daze is nice thou, but 1 turn is way to short. I also think the cooldown is really long for such a simple effect.
    Special 3- Concussion Grenade: Deal physical damage to the target enemy and inflict stagger for 2 turns. This attack can't be evaded.
    Cooldown: 4
    Stagger is same problem as previous special. It's just less opportunities for a counter. If he triggers the stagger at all. And again, long cooldown for really simple effect. I really feel like these 2 specials could be combined into one with a cooldown of 3 or 4. Then maybe a second unique? With the extremely low cooldown of his first special so many specials is not that useful to begin with.
    Unique- Exiled: Thrawn is immune to buffs and debuffs. Instead, when inflicted with a debuff, he loses 5% health, which can't defeat Thrawn. When given a buff, he recovers 5% protection. Thrawn has 100% counter chance, and always inflicts 2 berries while countering.
    Zeta: Thrawn has 10% evasion, and gains 100% turn meter when he evades.
    Aside from the zeta I actually quite like this. Thou with the way it is worded it will do nothing. An Immunity means he will never gain those effects at all. So he can't be inflicted with a debuff when he is immune, and thus will never trigger the effect. Instead something like this would be better:
    Trawn has 100% Counter Chance. When trawn gains a Status Effect, he Dispels it from himself. For each buff dispelled this way, Trawn recovers 5% Protection. For each debuff dispelled this way, Trawn loses 5% heath. This health loss can't defeat Trawn.
    Zeta: Trawn is Immune to undispellable Debuffs.
    Like I said. Immunity means they can't trigger so this would be a good way to complete the kit. And a pretty powerful zeta.
    Overall a really awesome Idea thou. I never would have even thought of this. Great job.

• Thanks, this feedback is great. I change stuff.