Who to farm for 5th BH spot?

I've finished farming my Phoenix (Still going to gear them), and I'm now farming a BH team. I'm working on Boba, Greedo, Dengar, and Cad Bane, but I'm not sure who to make my 5th. I cannot access high up levels like Bossk, so those characters are out of the question. It's basically between IG-88 and Zam.

Who to farm for 5th BH spot? 32 votes

Farm Zam
43%
WoodrowardJay_1997_CSentiaDroidekaVonZantThessaodai145NannosDaPowerfulJediNihionJppccoco8863KotasMilitiaDarth_Tomsteros2707Daav44 14 votes
Farm IG-88
34%
Zombie961RandomSithLordKingwomboyuuzhanronSwitcherooGunnerFCmXxDougyDougyxXDinotank46Darth_DeVitoReworkGriev0useddiehsj 11 votes
Other (Write Reply)
21%
RavenclawsMaxx121312Veserion1MegamatchFailingCrabTryxaEffAPublicEyeD 7 votes

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Farm Zam
    For pure Boba team on the ground, Zam is awesome. Will need 88 eventually for falcon, but for a BH detonator team, Zam all the way.

And when you finally do get Bossk, Zam is the best healer for the team. My BH had 8 defenses this week but they killed Zam on attack 7 and then team died on 8th.
  • Options
    Farm IG-88
    Ig 88 kills everything that's all I need to say
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Farm Zam
    Boba has the best lead of all the bounty hunters listed, and nothing makes a Boba-lead bounty hunter team thrive like Zam. Have Greedo go before her and drop TDs, then she can pop them all one by one (gaining a full turn each time) which will feed all the other BH tm (more for greedo since he gains tm from his tds popping).

Dengar will drop his too. Greedo can probably go again before the tm train stops. Drop Zam's TDs when you're out of them and start the whole thing over again on her next turn.

Boba lead bounty hunters are really kind of lackluster without her. The 2 of the original 6 (ones listed) BH that are interchangeable are Cad and 88 IMO.

Edited for: Spelling, Grammar
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Boba has the best lead of all the bounty hunters listed, and nothing makes a Boba-lead bounty hunter team thrive like Zam. Have Greedo go before her and drop TDs, then she can pop them all one by one (gaining a full turn each time) which will feed all the other BH tm (more for greedo since he gains tm from his tds popping).
    Yea I was going to use Boba as my leader as all the others didn't seem as good.
  • Options
    Farm Zam
    liamx27 wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Yea I was going to use Boba as my leader as all the others didn't seem as good.

Yeah without zam to drop and pop TDs they don't really generate much tm since they take so long to explode. Too often the enemy dies before it pops IMO
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    Farm IG-88
    Short term- Zam
    Long term- 88
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Farm Zam
    Zam until Bossk. Without Bossk or IG-88, you can’t get Falcon, and Bossk also gets you Chewie. Truly you can farm 88 and Zam at the same time, but I don’t know your other commitments.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Other (Write Reply)
    zBossk and zJango (his unique) put bounty hunters on the map imo.
  • Megamatch
    32 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Other (Write Reply)
    Bossk really is awesome and jango has a great node, if you farm jango you get his shards, hounds tooth shards and stun cuffs. My opinion is like the most efficient node ever.

I would recommend try to borrow OP heroes in the lend me a hero threads and work towards unlocking those nodes.

Considering you "finished phoenix" you really should be able to unlock jango node.
  • Options
    Other (Write Reply)
    Personally, I would focus on something else (ie not bounty hunter) until you're ready to farm bossk or jango.

If I had to choose between ig and zam, I'd choose ig purely because you'll want to farm him at some point for ig-2000.

Zam fits into that particular squad much better than IG-88 but she has no use in the game outside of a pure BH squad. I'd leave her until you've developed your core teams (jtr, NS, CLS etc)
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Farm IG-88
    IG has a ship for Falcon event.
    Zam and IG probably tie for the worst BH spot (they are still pretty good, the other BHs are just better), but IG fits in a droid squad as well and you need him for a legendary event anyway.
    The only thing you really need Zam for is the BH prestigious quest, otherwise I can't see how she cannot be replaced in any game mode.

Of course, once you unlock Bossk' and Jango's node, those should take priority.
  • Daav44
    23 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Farm Zam
    I prefer Zam, but both have their pros and cons. It really depends what path u wanna take.

Zam :
    +fits very well in your current bounty hunter squad (TD synergy)
    +good lead you can use when u will have to split your BH (I like Zam (L)/Dengar/Greedo in 3v3)
    -No real use outside a bounty hunter squad
    -Not so easy to farm (Fleet Arena Tokens, Guild Currency)

IG88 :
    +rather easy to farm (Arena Tokens)
    +have a ship which is required to get the Millenium Falcon
    +can fit in a droid squad (but since the HK rework, well...)
    -Extremely squishy, forget about putting your BH in def
    -Poor synergy with the other bounty hunters

Personnally, I advise you to choose the BH which farm impact the least your other farms.

PS : if you want your BH to shine, Bossk is mandatory. Jango is very good and is placed on one of the most effective node. Try to unlock and farm them asap.
  • Options
    Farm IG-88
    Zam is the better choice for a Boba-led squad. But you will eventually farm Bossk and his ship for fleet arena and to unlock Chewbacca and Han's Falcon. You'll also need IG-88 + ship for the latter event. So if you want to save gear and farm as efficient as possible, I'd say go with IG for now until you can farm Bossk.
  • Options
    Other (Write Reply)
    Farm Both - use different currency and both useful to plug in/out of squads
  • Options
    Farm Zam
    Zam and IG probably tie for the worst BH spot

Nah, Cad and 88 tie for the worst bounty hunter spot.