Character Kit Idea: Pong Krell

General Pong Krell
Dark Side, Jedi, Separatist, Support
Power: 8,500
Health: 19,750
Speed: 133
Max Damage: 5,600
Basic: Jar'Kai: Deal Physical Damage to Target Enemy with a 50% chance to attack again. If the target has any debuffs, inflict defense down and offense down for 3 turns. If the target had these debuffs, there is a 30% chance to inflict expose.
Special: Ruthless Tactics (Cooldown: 4): Deal special damage to all enemies and inflict Stagger for 2 Turns. There is a 50% chance to inflict daze for 2 turns on light side enemies that are damaged by this attack. If more than one critical hit is scored, General Pong Krell gains evasion up for 3 turns.
Unique: Battalion in Disguise: When a Light Side enemy attacks an ally, there is a 30% chance for them to deal the same amount of damage to one of their own random allies. In addition, if a Clone enemy scores a critical hit, inflict Tenacity Down for 3 Turns. If a Clone Enemy defeats an ally, inflict Speed Down for 3 Turns. This ability is only in effect if Pong Krell is Alive.
Unique: By the Book: At the start of the encounter, allies gain By the Book. In addition, General Pong Krell has a 30% chance to expose himself for 1 turn if the target enemy is taunting.
By the Book: Gain Speed Up and Defense Down for 2 Turns. The Buff cannot be dispelled

Replies

• Glad to see this as I was thinking something similar. I would change him to a neutral character (drop Dark Side and Jedi tags) and add a fast attack lead with Clone Troopers then let him still keep the Separatists tag.
  • DarthVeritlyn
    704 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Glad to see this as I was thinking something similar. I would change him to a neutral character (drop Dark Side and Jedi tags) and add a fast attack lead with Clone Troopers then let him still keep the Separatists tag.

Nah, Pong Krell is definitely Dark Side, he was trying to get Dooku to train him in the ways of the Sith after all. Could add a new tag though, Dark Jedi.

Ventress, Visas Marr, Kylo, Pong Krell. All of them could fit in there.
  • Like the idea and I have some feedback for it.
    First I like to talk about the tags. Overall I think they are ok (excluding the jedi/dark jedi debate. I'm ok on both ways) except the support tag. I think he should be a tank. I have 3 reasons for this.
    The fist is that he was massive. He was big, which means he could take a lot of punishment. Not to mention his big lightsabers covering a big area, allowing him to block a lot. You could also make the argument for attacker here thou. But there is where the other reasons comes in.
    The second is that the Separatist faction right now needs a non driod tank. You can make 3 teams with seprataists right now. However, after making a Driod Separatist and Genosian team, the remaining team is all attackers and support. This is a problem because of Dooku's new special, Master of Makashi. As all non-tank Separatist allies are stealthed, the stealth part of the ability is practically useless in a tankless composition. This actually ties in with the 3rd reason: Pong Krell's relationship with Dooku, or lack there of. Seeing as he never actually had any connection with dooku due to his death. It makes sense thematically that he shouldn't/wouldn't receive any bonuses from dooku's special. Or at least not directly. This also means that he doesn't need to have Taunt in his kit.
    But this is my standpoint on this. You can agree or disagree. Would love to hear your counterarguments. Now on to the kit itself.
    Basic: Jar'Kai: Deal Physical Damage to Target Enemy with a 50% chance to attack again. If the target has any debuffs, inflict defense down and offense down for 3 turns. If the target had these debuffs, there is a 30% chance to inflict expose.
    I personally don't think the name Jar'Kai covers his unique fighting style. I also think the expose is both too conditional and overkill. The ability already ahs a lot going or it. No need to exagerate. the 50% chance to bonus attack is also weird. He had 2 double-bladed lightsabers. I think you are justified in dealing damage twice. I propose:
    Twin Double-Bladed Lightsabers (basic)
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy twice and inflict Offence Down and Defence Down for 2 turns.
    Simple but powerful.
    Special: Ruthless Tactics (Cooldown: 4): Deal special damage to all enemies and inflict Stagger for 2 Turns. There is a 50% chance to inflict daze for 2 turns on light side enemies that are damaged by this attack. If more than one critical hit is scored, General Pong Krell gains evasion up for 3 turns.
    Again don't like the name. Ruthless Tactics sounds more like an unique than a special. The effect is also weird again, especially the double condition daze. The evasion up is also not gonna do much. The cooldown is also a bit long. maybe reduce by 1. Personally I would do something like this:
    Ferocious Assault (Special) (cooldown: 3 turns)
    Gain Offence Up, Critical Chance Up and Defence Down for 2 turns. Then, deal Physical damage to all enemies and Daze and Stagger them for 2 turns. For each enemy Critically Hit, Pong Krell recovers 15% Protection. If all active enemies where Critically Hit, or if this attack defeated an enemy, dispel Defence Down from self.
    just an idea thou
    Unique: Battalion in Disguise: When a Light Side enemy attacks an ally, there is a 30% chance for them to deal the same amount of damage to one of their own random allies. In addition, if a Clone enemy scores a critical hit, inflict Tenacity Down for 3 Turns. If a Clone Enemy defeats an ally, inflict Speed Down for 3 Turns. This ability is only in effect if Pong Krell is Alive.
    Like the idea of using enemy attack this way. Nice reference to what he did in the series. Even if the actual way of doing this in game is questionable. However, the effects themselves are quite weak. Especially the on kill effect. If an ally dies inflicting speed down for a few turns isn't going to help much. Especially when it is this conditional and for a character type that has a lot of dispels. Not to mention dooku's lead can already inflict Tenacity Down. So that seems a bit overkill and unnecessary as well. I also think the name of the unique is a bit to specific. The name of his special would fit this much better to my opinion. Personally I would do something like this:
    Ruthless Tactics (unique)
    When an enemy attacks an ally, 25% chance to deal true damage to another random enemy equal to damage dealt by that enemy. This chance is doubled if the enemy is attacking out of turn. When this effect triggers, Pong Krell and the attacked ally gain Health Steal Up for 1 turn. When a Light Side enemy scores a Critical Hit, inflict Critical Chance Down on them for 2 turns, which can't be Resisted.
    Unique: By the Book: At the start of the encounter, allies gain By the Book. In addition, General Pong Krell has a 30% chance to expose himself for 1 turn if the target enemy is taunting.
    By the Book: Gain Speed Up and Defense Down for 2 Turns. The Buff cannot be dispelled
    This is the ability I dislike the most. It is weird, weak and vague. all at once. The expose condition is incredibly vague. when does it happen? at the start of the encounter? but then why when target enemy is taunting? and why target enemy? isn't that kinda the whole point of taunt? And why is a jedi master exposing himself at all? is he supposed to be like the old anakin? cause he most definitely is not. There is also the by the books effect. You can't ave a undispellable buff that applies other buffs. It actually isn't even a buff, seeing as speed up is +25% speed and defence down is -50% defence. I really don't like it. So I am proposing something entirely different:
    Personalized Jar'Kai (unique)
    Pong Krell has +65% Counter Chance and +50% Potency. When Pong Krell or another Separatist ally is damaged by an attack, Pong Krell gains +5% Turn Meter, +10% Offence and +20% Defence for 1 turn.
    (zeta) Pong Krell can't be Critically Hit.
    But this is what think. I do admit that the suggestions are made with the core idea that he is an Off-Tank. Not to mention they are just suggestions. So you can do with them what you want. Still like the idea of him being in the game.