Revanphobia

One day before his release Revan has struck fear into the hearts of many, including me. I hope this all ends well sincerely, but I'm afraid that this will be different this time around. We've been moving closer and closer to a blatant admission the p2p is all that matters and that p2p is the ticket to uncontested and free reign in arena and GA and this admission is making the devs more and more bald about the power creep jumps.

I was listening to Ahnaldt a few hours ago explaining how with corrupted battle meditation abilities like mark and fracture will not work and that is just terrifying. As someone who's not getting him, I'm officially declaring Revanphobia and give up all hope of being competitive in arena. What about you?

Replies

• the kit reads so extreme in terms of what it simply denies or nullifies (as options to compete with this mutation)... it is hard to imagine what the developers will do for the meta after DR...
  • Tenacity up at start and/or a way to clear debuffs on the enemy? Or make all debuffs do damage to urself
  • Tenacity up at start and/or a way to clear debuffs on the enemy? Or make all debuffs do damage to urself

Tenacity up can't do anything, most of that stuff can't be resisted anyways, nothing is gonna beat this
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Otsego wrote: »
    the kit reads so extreme in terms of what it simply denies or nullifies (as options to compete with this mutation)... it is hard to imagine what the developers will do for the meta after DR...

It's actually pretty easy to imagine. Like a leader ability saying "Whenever a debuff is inflicted on enemies, [faction] gets 5% tm." That would counter DR even if the faction in question were Tuskens.
    Moreover, I think that true debuff immunity (not just ten up) and debuffs with "can't be prevented" rider is just a matter of time.
  • You can beat them, all it takes is extremely high speed, potency, critical chance, critical damage and offense. Good luck with that. :smile:
  • Nauros wrote: »
    the kit reads so extreme in terms of what it simply denies or nullifies (as options to compete with this mutation)... it is hard to imagine what the developers will do for the meta after DR...

It's actually pretty easy to imagine. Like a leader ability saying "Whenever a debuff is inflicted on enemies, [faction] gets 5% tm." That would counter DR even if the faction in question were Tuskens.
    Moreover, I think that true debuff immunity (not just ten up) and debuffs with "can't be prevented" rider is just a matter of time.

Ohh yeah?! So simple uhh? Well not quite, that would absolutely obliterate JTR, BH, CLS, Traya, FO, basically everything and guess what, it would also get obliterated by Jedi Revan. You would literally go 180 degrees and bring us back to the current meta with this idea. Also throw GA and TW totally out of balance because you would bring a squad that counters 99% of the teams but gets destroyed by Jedi Revan.

You understand that this kind of thing is alot more complicated than you think and that's why those of us who think a step ahead, usually don't like overloaded kits they tend to create unwanted interactions and create problems for the future of a game
  • Altazarus wrote: »
    You can beat them, all it takes is extremely high speed, potency, critical chance, critical damage and offense. Good luck with that. :smile:

All you need is 300$. Then wait 5 or 6 months until the next meta arrives and for the small price of another 300$ you will make sure you can keep beating them.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Ohh yeah?! So simple uhh? Well not quite, that would absolutely obliterate JTR, BH, CLS, Traya, FO, basically everything and guess what, it would also get obliterated by Jedi Revan. You would literally go 180 degrees and bring us back to the current meta with this idea. Also throw GA and TW totally out of balance because you would bring a squad that counters 99% of the teams but gets destroyed by Jedi Revan.

You understand that this kind of thing is alot more complicated than you think and that's why those of us who think a step ahead, usually don't like overloaded kits they tend to create unwanted interactions and create problems for the future of a game

A faction that destroys DR but gets destroyed by JKR, you say? Sounds like the perfect rock-paper-scissors setup to me.
    Anyway, what I was trying to say was that designing a counter to DR should be pretty easy with the whole team constantly getting tons of debuffs. I agree that my example was oversimplified and didn't take other teams into account, but it illustrates the point.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    he better be hard to beat, otherwise people would still stick to using JKR.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    The game has reached a state where we have too many good characters with too many strong abilities that can be combined in 34554 ways. It is very unlikely that DR is gonna be that unbeatable thing. There will be a counter to him just like there were counters to the last "unbeatable" thing - JKR.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • As long as they nerf Finn properly we'll all be ok.
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    it go against who is not able in farming or in arena...

I'll get it, spending 9 money...
  • I wouldn't worry too much. He'll be difficult to get, especially the first time around. And by the time the event returns and F2P players are ready to unlock him, some people will have figured out ways to beat him. Just like people currently beat JKR teams with CLS, GG, or even Nightsisters. Meet the new Revan, same as the old Revan.
  • hoping to still have a lunch date with Darth Revan in ~2.5 hours. Hope everyone at CG’s having a pleasant morning. See you guys in a couple hours when DR is finally released into the wild
  • This whole mess stems from tenacity up and tenacity down being so powerful. If both were reduced to 50% like potency up, or 150% to negate potency completely like Bastila, then problem solved. No immunity, no unresistable.
  • I’m no expert on the game but I feel ep lead with Vader or thrawn and sith triumvirate could work on offense at the least.
    1. Isolate and fracture can stick if the don’t have cbm. So if your traya/thrawn is faster it will stick.
    2. Vader’s culling blade will be removing a ton of debuffs resulting in a ton of turn meter.
    3. Darth nihilus will always get a full cd reduction on annihilate cause there will be tones of debuffs

Not saying this will be a counter or anything. But it could work on offense.
    Plus maybe we should all wait and see how good it actually is. (Which it probably is cause every new meta is “op”)
  • I give up to be competitive in the arena long long time ago.
    I am a shiftworker and is either at work or at sleep during the payout time, so whatever, I run what I want, sitting at 200ish and just hit auto twice a day and get my daily omega.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    I give up to be competitive in the arena long long time ago.
    I am a shiftworker and is either at work or at sleep during the payout time, so whatever, I run what I want, sitting at 200ish and just hit auto twice a day and get my daily omega.

You can change your payout time
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    I give up to be competitive in the arena long long time ago.

You can change your payout time

No use, my working time changes every week.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    why are people saying he's not good against jedi revan ?