Empire team squad arena

I have a Empire team for squad arena but I don't have a tank.
My team rn is: Palp (lead), Vader, Thrawn, Tie Fighter Pilot, Tarkin.
But this team is not doing good on defence. I feel like this team need a tank. I was thinking about Royal Guard or Shoretrooper. Who will need to "leave" this team for one of the tanks?

Replies

• TJax
    101 posts Member
    Tank will replace tarkin
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    With Palpatine as your leader, you could also use Sion as a tank. He's viable at low star counts, too, so you don't need to have him 7-starred right away.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nannos
    26 posts Member
    Shoretrooper is a very good (not great) tank with long-term facility in imperial trooper teams for TB, TW, and GA. He's especially useful against NS since he can heal, thereby providing some relief against Plague. If you're open to non-empire toons that will still synergize with that team, then Sion is a top tier tank, with sith synergies to Palp & Vader, and has a good node with decent ship shards and decent gear.

The tank will take the place of either GMT or TFP, I personally had shore in place of TFP when I was running Empire.

• I would take TFP off the team for a tank. Last year I ran that team with shoretrooper as the tank and tested with deathtrooper and TFP but the team wasn’t very effective. Plugging in Tarkin made it work well (until everyone on my shard got Traya).

Don’t work on royal guard right now. I agree with other that Sion and shoretrooper are better options with long term viability.
  • I had the same issue, was very bad on def. I got badstilla to the team to replace tfp, it worked perfectly. It makes EP a half tank, herself a half tank, and so many debuffs to help your teams speed. After that you will need Sion to replace GMT, and Nihilius in the long run to replace Vader. Otherwise you will look to hold around 300-500 in the arena. With badstilla, you will be top50.