My Darth Maul GW strategy

If this is on the wrong place, I apologize, but I wanted to share a strategy that has helped get me back to winning GW on a regular basis. Basically it boils down to QGJ(leader) calling an assist from Maul on the opening move. Guaranteed.

I start a match, and see who QGJ calls. If it's anyone other than DM, I retreat and swap him into that spot on the team. Then I start the attack again. Any Sid below level 68 usually falls right away, end certainly any Jedi do the same if I go for one first.

After the first hit, I will go for any other individual Jedi in order from lowest to highest HP. If there's only one more Jedi, I throw I his AOE. This is especially helpful if he was low in health from a previous round, because his life steal on AOE is tremendous.

This strategy usually gets me all the way to the end. Of course, QGJ and DM both have stay alive, and I have to make sure QGJ's cooldown is finished before the battle is over.

The only monkey wrench in this plan is higher-level Dooku, who often stuns first and screws up this method. That's when I bring in Yoda in and have him perform Battle Meditation to give everyone a tenacity boost.

I ran through a full Jedi team this way today. Nobody besides QGJ or Maul even got a move. And getting rid of Sid/Daka/or Dooku early is always helpful.

Replies

• Maul is more glassy than my grandmother's Christmas ornaments.

Basically you're advocating taking a mediocre (at best) toon and gaming the retreat button over and over again until you get the desired results from RNG.
    Do you play golf this way too? Must take 3 days to finish a round with so many Mulligans.

Not very strategic, also, this wouldn't work once you're facing maxxed level 70 burst DPS squads from round 3 on.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • WildWest1974
    628 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I posted it particularly because it has helped me beat the level 70 teams over the past several weeks, and I was offering advice for anyone who has been here lamenting their struggles with GW.

And Maul's glassiness is easier to work around in GW than in Arena.

But thank you for your input.

P.S. Love your avatar. Was just listening to that album in the car yesterday.
  • Azrex_Dren
    55 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    What rarity is your Maul? just got mine to 5. i'll try this out and give feedback.
  • Mine is 4 star level 70 Gear 8
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Maul is more glassy than my grandmother's Christmas ornaments.

Basically you're advocating taking a mediocre (at best) toon and gaming the retreat button over and over again until you get the desired results from RNG.
    Do you play golf this way too? Must take 3 days to finish a round with so many Mulligans.

Not very strategic, also, this wouldn't work once you're facing maxxed level 70 burst DPS squads from round 3 on.

Kind of harsh. I applaud the method. I have Maul unlocked at 4 stars no gear, no level. I'd love to have a max Maul to play with. Glad to see people still having fun.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    This is gaming. Well done imo. You were having trouble and found a method within the rules to adapt and overcome. Good job. Not to mention you are getting to use darth maul more than 90% of his owners lol.
  • Doga wrote: »

Kind of harsh. I applaud the method. I have Maul unlocked at 4 stars no gear, no level. I'd love to have a max Maul to play with. Glad to see people still having fun.

Thanks. I would love to get him to 6 or 7 stars and see how much more carnage he can unleash.
  • If my 4* level 1 maul had any gear and credits invested into him I'd have given it a try
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384