DRevan Event: Darth Malak hint

Prev1
Jarvind
3926 posts Member
So for those that aren't getting Darth Revan this go around, there's an extremely big hint (practically an announcement, really) towards a future Malak character when tier 7 is completed.

What do we think? Is it gonna happen or just fan service? Will he be an Ultra-Legendary that requires both Revans to obtain? Will he be like Jango and just end up as a disappointing marquee release? Is it just a red herring and we never see him at all?

talkamongstyourselves.gif

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

Replies

• Options
    My guess is a legendary toon. Can use either JKR or DR but the event will make the Chewie event look tame.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Not a marquee. Not a legendary either. Not quite sure how they plan on releasing him
  • Lume
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Incoming Star Forge raid? Mixed phases of Ships & Teams?
  • Options
    @Jarvind Maybe don't put a big spoiler in your title....not everyone was able to do the event in the first 8 hours it went live, especially when it went live in the middle of a workday.

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @Jarvind Maybe don't put a big spoiler in your title....not everyone was able to do the event in the first 8 hours it went live, especially when it went live in the middle of a workday.

A: I didn't say what actually happens
    B: You already know the Revan events follow the story of KOTOR
    C: Honestly, you're upset about "spoilers" in a mobile game?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Not a marquee. Not a legendary either. Not quite sure how they plan on releasing him

I heard you'll need Visas.

Not the jedi....the credit card. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Given the hint I'm ALMOST convinced that what's going to happen will be a new territory event that will be focused on the old republic era. It will have both light and dark and will likely have the character mentioned as a shard reward on one or both.
  • Options
    Perhaps a Guild event character, Galactic Chase (doubtful), Marquee + (like Jango), or An achievement character. (We know CG is releasing a new Achievement character this year). Could also be a new TB map reward (doubtful).

I like the idea of a Marquee + best out of all the options.
  • Options
    I found it interesting that the event rewarded ship materials. Not sure why a character event would give ship materials instead of mods or mod slicing materials. Unless it's a hint too prepare your ships maybe?
  • Options
    My prediction would be either two separate events, or a new hybrid event type, with the first part consisting of fighting through the ships defending the Star Forge, and the second part consisting of fighting on the Star Forge itself, and the event rewarding both Malak shards *and* shards for his capital ship.
  • Options
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    My prediction would be either two separate events, or a new hybrid event type, with the first part consisting of fighting through the ships defending the Star Forge, and the second part consisting of fighting on the Star Forge itself, and the event rewarding both Malak shards *and* shards for his capital ship.

Bro I literally told my guild mates this. I truly believe we will need ships and characters. Especially Ebon Hawk and the sith ships. I'd just about bet money knowing how CG operates.
  • Options
    I think a star forge raid would be awesome with a mixture of ships and characters.

A legendary event requiring sith empire faction could also be a possibility.

I’m sort of veering towards GET character like wampa or Hoda though as they did say there would be a new one this year and they can be long grinds - I’m going to start hoarding just in case..
  • Options
    Dagonsith wrote: »
    Given the hint I'm ALMOST convinced that what's going to happen will be a new territory event that will be focused on the old republic era. It will have both light and dark and will likely have the character mentioned as a shard reward on one or both.

I think you're on to something! The devs did announce that TB platoons are beginning static, I think they're freezing current TB to usher in New content. It's about time
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    Options
    They are gonna need to release Malak quick tho cause Darth Revan is absolutely rubbish 🤣
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    Don't be so quick to judge. No one knows shet on the first day.
  • Options
    I only dropped a little(1st to 3rd) and held a few off using dr hk bsf murader and sion. Know i help a few off cause shard mates told me they lost cause i was asking for advice on how it did on defense against them
  • Options
    I only dropped a little(1st to 3rd) and held a few off using dr hk bsf murader and sion. Know i help a few off cause shard mates told me they lost cause i was asking for advice on how it did on defense against them

The best D my shard mates have found (so far and its only been 12 hours of course so this isnt the end all) is thrawn instead of marauder.
  • Options
    Here thrawn favors tm swap with bsf and she tries to apply debuffs with tenacity up my murader hits almost as hard as gmy if not harder depending on how many debuffs are up
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Loved the Malek stuff. Let’s hope it comes.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Here thrawn favors tm swap with bsf and she tries to apply debuffs with tenacity up my murader hits almost as hard as gmy if not harder depending on how many debuffs are up

That's been my experience as well. The team needs a buff cleanser, badly. Sion does well in a pinch but he doesn't synergize with Sith Empire so you lose 50% critical damage. Thrawn does great as he does in almost every team yet again, no synergy with SE teams.

Malak, if he is coming (hinted does not equal coming), may be the answer.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Watch Malak be a marquee, turning DR into a quadruple cash grab...
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

I expect business to make business decisions. And DR was obtainable if focused, not a cash grab. Some in my guild will unlock DR in the next few days. But they had to sacrifice not farming other characters and ships they wanted.
    This game is about choices, choices who and when to farm. Choices on who or what gets resources.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

I expect business to make business decisions. And DR was obtainable if focused, not a cash grab. Some in my guild will unlock DR in the next few days. But they had to sacrifice not farming other characters and ships they wanted.
    This game is about choices, choices who and when to farm. Choices on who or what gets resources.

Patronizing comments like this kinda miss the point when directed at someone who managed to unlock DR with relatively low monetary investment due to planning ahead and preparation. And I think that we can agree that if Malak is released as a marquee, no amount of smart planning will get him right away without whaling out, so this cash grabby move would overshadow the other three (the usual 7* farm, the gear required to unlock and the new gear pieces).
  • Options
    Based on the story line, we can be led to believe that we are going to get a star forge event. Star forge is where Revan made the ships. He is going there to challenge Malek. This sets up a raid.Ship raid? Reg raid? But my guess is Darth malek will be the reward. Which will be cool!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Based on the story line, we can be led to believe that we are going to get a star forge event. Star forge is where Revan made the ships. He is going there to challenge Malek. This sets up a raid.Ship raid? Reg raid? But my guess is Darth malek will be the reward. Which will be cool!

I see mixed raid as most likely, with maybe one ship phase and three character phases. Bonus lore points if it's tailored to make the Ebon Hawk particularly useful (lots of target locks that need to be dealt with maybe).