Darth revan disapointment

Prev1
I like many have whaled out on darth revan thinking he will be the next meta only to find that Jedi revan walks over him on defence I find it to be similar to the grevious rework in the way that it can win on offence but if Jedi revan marks the wrong person (usually bastilla fallen) you will have a very hard time winning and Jedi revan walks over darth revan on offence if we know CG as we do I’m guessing soon they will release darth malek as a P2P event and he will be needed to make darth revan good on defence which is trash in my opinion.
I mean sure darth revan is good no doubt about it but it’s just really disappointing that Jedi revan is still the best team in the game so that means he will be until the next thing (most likely malek) comes out which is probably in 3 months
They might do some balancing changes with him but tbh it’s just really disappointing as a first time whale I was expecting him to be the new meta only to find that he is only the 2nd best team
Some may agree some may disagree with this post but to summarise darth revan is a great character but Jedi revan is still a better overall team than darth revan which is very disappointing and the way the game is right now malek will come and be a p2p for 3 months and only malek will make darth revan the best team in the game.
Voice opinions and comments in comments

Replies

• Frustrating for sure. Everyone hates JKR sea floating on the top200 like the trash island on the ocean.
    Even JKR owners hate it.
    It seems we'll have it still for a very long time. Bad news for swgoh.

Arena was so much better when Traya, Ns, Cls, Bastilla were all potent.
    Why have they ruined it.
  • I find it hard to believe they'd wait 3 months to release Malek. Probably for the Star Wars Celebration in a few weeks or May 4th at the latest.
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    Probably April they will release malak.

They outplayed the players again.
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    Such a shame...........not 🤣
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    CG offered a toon without showing his kit and lots went and blindly paid them just because his name is Darth Revan well unfortunately you are just sponsoring CG to continue to do this 🤣
  • This was pretty much the last hope in a change of meta, rather than the constant revan battles. Time for greener pastures I think. This is beyond tedious now.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Less than 24 hours after his release and you're already throwing in the towel?
    Heck, the event is still live for 6d8h as I type this and so you've seen him in action for, what, a few times in 12 hours and already you're moaning that he can't beat the teams that players have spent months perfecting?
    Do you not see that as a little reactionary?

Give it a bit more time. Nobody promised Darth Revan would instantly catapult you to Rank 1 in the Arena. Figure out the strategies and tactics beyond the immediately obvious, or wait for others to do so and then make their findings public, before coming to a final conclusion.
  • FULL TRASH🤣
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    So glad I didn’t put any resources into this trash 🤣 🤣
  • 🤪 trashe1nrvigeepz7.png
  • charismatic Trash🤣
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    The Drevan team need to be moddet correctly to perform well on defense. It is'nt a nobrainer like JKR. ^^

There are some squads in my shard that hold extremly well on defense vs Zinn, CLS and JKR. They use Thrawn as No. 4 and SiT as 5.

Maximize Health (aim for 70 K Health) on Badstilla and make Thrawn and Drevan as fast as possible. Thats the key. Drevans KI will use his second Special first so there is no need to clear the tenacity up
  • Just watched a video of a 4-man CLS team beating a full zeta DR team :D
  • Stenun wrote: »
    Less than 24 hours after his release and you're already throwing in the towel?
    Heck, the event is still live for 6d8h as I type this and so you've seen him in action for, what, a few times in 12 hours and already you're moaning that he can't beat the teams that players have spent months perfecting?
    Do you not see that as a little reactionary?

Give it a bit more time. Nobody promised Darth Revan would instantly catapult you to Rank 1 in the Arena. Figure out the strategies and tactics beyond the immediately obvious, or wait for others to do so and then make their findings public, before coming to a final conclusion.

Thanks for playing, but I don’t have him. From what’s been said, he sucks on defence, so revan teams will continue to be up to 90% of battles. I don’t really care a blip for how op Drevan is supposed to be, I just wanted to fight something different in the arena. Refreshing multiple times to find the rare as a rocking horse’s **** other teams is tedious. Fighting revan teams seems to come down to - who does he mark. Mark the wrong toon and game over. Might as well flip a coin and save 5 minutes.

Add onto that how tedious the fleet arena has become, whose m ilf assists more wins, and both arenas are largely dull, flat and lifeless.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Darth revan may be the biggest pile ever. He doesn't need to be plug and play but **** he may as well be grevious. Why not just keep playing jkr for this much. And the new gear is the frosting on this cake. I dont see a reason to gear him up. Worthless. I will keep playing jkr, as attrition kills this game.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Lichbane wrote: »
    Thanks for playing, but I don’t have him.
    And if you carefully go over what I wrote with a fine tooth comb, I wasn't replying directly to you. So why you've taken my response personally, I'm not entirely sure.

Lichbane wrote: »
    From what’s been said, he sucks on defence
    According to some, yes; according to others, no. He's been out for less than 24 hours and I don't believe everyone has him at g12 yet. Or even g10. :smile:
  • Drevan meta is called mods, if your Dr team is faster you win, if not, well you figure it out
  • Stop saying Drevan, it's the most stupid shortcut name ever devised. Now, all I must say is that I feel ashamed for some of the players in this community, demanding that because they paid money for something they are entitled to a squad that can't even be beaten on defense by anything out there. Sorry but this is toxic and shameful, the game isn't yours, you don't own it. You don't own a right to have an unbeatable team because you paid 300 dollars, I'm sorry but DR is strong as hell and he can beat Jedi Revan without struggle in a stress free and non time consuming manner.

I just wanna know one thing, most of you are in a shard chat anyways, so you rotate in payouts with people who Stang out of your way and then you stand out of their way. Why would you even want a squad that can't be defeated? You get your 1st place regardless. The only thing where an undefeatable squad would matter is in GA, but GA is about competitiveness and strategy, paying to win it literally defeats the purpose of it. No sense of accomplishment or outplaying your opponent with superior strategy, just knowing you payed 300 dollars to win automatically.

To sum it up, ALL squads must have a way of losing on defense, otherwise it's cancer that will ruin this game once and for all. Jedi Revan could lose to Traya and some times CLS with good RNG, Darth Revan must also lose to something
  • Drev?
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Flugsvamp
    180 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Derp Raven is the actual name.

Loosing in defense is a given, not fold like a beach chair
  • For me is not that bad. JkR meta had 2 problems:
    1. Long and boring battles. > Yesterday I played a lot with my shiny DR and won all battle vs JKR in less than 2 min so problem solved.
    2. JKR teams with undergeared and crappy modded toon could still beat easily any super JKR team > is true that JKR can beat DR but not a crappy modded one. I I'm still holding in 13th after 10 hours of my last attack...
    Not what everyone expected? Yes. Bad? No. At the end of the day everybody complains that they wanted a paper, rock, scissors arena but then complaint cause a team can be beaten in defense....
  • developer are satisfied with the character you created?
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    They will probably release Malak as a Legendary requiring SE and DR lead sometime in April, with a difficulty on par with Chewie.

Then and only then will the meta shift radically. It’s what I would do in their shoes to increase revenue. Quick release to ensure that people whale on gear for DR.
  • Jeric wrote: »
    They will probably release Malak as a Legendary requiring SE and DR lead sometime in April, with a difficulty on par with Chewie.

Then and only then will the meta shift radically. It’s what I would do in their shoes to increase revenue. Quick release to ensure that people whale on gear for DR.

There is no reason to gear DR up until malak is released. Just farm the gear without spending until malak is announced. Way more money would have been spent in gearing sith empire toons up if they actually were ready to be next meta.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Jedi Knight revan ruined this game when he came out. The team was designed to be so OP that it would be impossible to come back from after that. That team had literally everything and is even an automatic play on defense.

You should’ve all seen this coming and demanded the team was nerfed before DR came out.

And from CGs side, they sure know how to ruin a great game they created. So needless
  • Stop saying Drevan, it's the most stupid shortcut name ever devised. Now, all I must say is that I feel ashamed for some of the players in this community, demanding that because they paid money for something they are entitled to a squad that can't even be beaten on defense by anything out there. Sorry but this is toxic and shameful, the game isn't yours, you don't own it. You don't own a right to have an unbeatable team because you paid 300 dollars, I'm sorry but DR is strong as hell and he can beat Jedi Revan without struggle in a stress free and non time consuming manner.

I just wanna know one thing, most of you are in a shard chat anyways, so you rotate in payouts with people who Stang out of your way and then you stand out of their way. Why would you even want a squad that can't be defeated? You get your 1st place regardless. The only thing where an undefeatable squad would matter is in GA, but GA is about competitiveness and strategy, paying to win it literally defeats the purpose of it. No sense of accomplishment or outplaying your opponent with superior strategy, just knowing you payed 300 dollars to win automatically.

To sum it up, ALL squads must have a way of losing on defense, otherwise it's cancer that will ruin this game once and for all. Jedi Revan could lose to Traya and some times CLS with good RNG, Darth Revan must also lose to something

Sorry but your wrong and this Isent a petty “oh I payed money I want to win” I don’t care if I come first just cause I pay money I bought him cause darth revan is my favourite character and he is bad on defence and can only win on offence is Jedi revan marks the right person so you are wrong get over it and please stop typing giant novels of how you think everyone is wrong and you are right.

• Side note this game would be much better if CG bit the bullet and just nerfed Jedi revan there so scared of loseing players and therefor money that they don’t relise Jedi revan is ruining there game it pretty much has ruined it they should get a clue and nerf him before your game becomes unplayable
  • So nothing should best Darth Revan even if their attacking? That's not very fun.
  • everyone wants to use. many different teams try but fail

The throne of sith will take this trash🤣