Is Darth Revan really as bad on Defence as people are saying? Or is it something else?

Prev1
Stenun
851 posts Member
Those of you who are upset that Darth Revan is apparently bad on Defence; what gear level do you have him on?
You're sending him into the Arena to fight g12 JKRevan squads (often 12+ squads) and your Darth Revan has what level of gear exactly?

Replies

• Thats what im using and 9 hrs after my po i only dropped from 1 to 3 so looks like its holding pretty well i know a few attacked me and lost and the 1 that beat me said it was about as hard to beat as jkr

9rd7rls9q1ei.jpg
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Thats what im using and 9 hrs after my po i only dropped from 1 to 3 so looks like its holding pretty well i know a few attacked me and lost and the 1 that beat me said it was about as hard to beat as jkr

9rd7rls9q1ei.jpg

Awesome! I knew he wasn't as bad as everyone is saying. :smile:
  • Stenun wrote: »
    Thats what im using and 9 hrs after my po i only dropped from 1 to 3 so looks like its holding pretty well i know a few attacked me and lost and the 1 that beat me said it was about as hard to beat as jkr

9rd7rls9q1ei.jpg

A full sith empire does suck i have sion as the fastest followed by bsf and revan so aoe dispel to clear tenacity up then cbm/debuffs go up a little easier offense and makes it harder on defense.

But if malak comes out he needs a mass dispel like sion and bring something that is missing to make the team great
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »

9rd7rls9q1ei.jpg

A full sith empire does suck i have sion as the fastest followed by bsf and revan so aoe dispel to clear tenacity up then cbm/debuffs go up a little easier offense and makes it harder on defense.

But if malak comes out he needs a mass dispel like sion and bring something that is missing to make the team great

First in Arena less than 24h after his release already seems fairly great to me!
    And generic characters like "Marauder" or "Assassin" are always going to be weaker than big name characters from other factions, so of course Sion is a good fit for now. There's a reason Thrawn gets put in non-Empire teams all the time.
    And as you say, wait until there are more Sith Empire characters and he'll be even better. I imagine even Saul Karath would be better than the generics, let alone Darth Malak!

9rd7rls9q1ei.jpg

What are your speeds please?
  • I hold it for 10 h but not totally happy yet. Looks easy to counter and mirror looks like the fastest win > 0 strategy on that
  • qacayai277fp.jpg
  • The problem with including sion (or anything else) is that it makes it better vs JKR but got smashed by a full sith empire team

9rd7rls9q1ei.jpg

First in Arena less than 24h after his release already seems fairly great to me!
    And generic characters like "Marauder" or "Assassin" are always going to be weaker than big name characters from other factions, so of course Sion is a good fit for now. There's a reason Thrawn gets put in non-Empire teams all the time.
    And as you say, wait until there are more Sith Empire characters and he'll be even better. I imagine even Saul Karath would be better than the generics, let alone Darth Malak!

Mind u i coukd take 1st with jkr and was doing it with traya and emp so first is nothing new but did climb using him yesterday

9rd7rls9q1ei.jpg

fble7kq8g3fd.jpg

Those are my speeds atm still need to adjust a bit to make sion a little slower and dr 1 speed slower but will be doing that later
  • Benhur wrote: »
    The problem with including sion (or anything else) is that it makes it better vs JKR but got smashed by a full sith empire team

Possibly not sure yet but does well against jkr but wanting to know if malak comes out snd what his kit does if hes comming out hopefully he has a aoe dispel like sion and a mechanic that works with or does something to ferocity
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    yes, he's bad on defense)
    he's bad not only outside of his faction but within sith empire faction as well. Whole faction is too raw basically
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019

That DR wouldn't hold on defense, and Jkr would still run the meta...

9rd7rls9q1ei.jpg

fble7kq8g3fd.jpg

Those are my speeds atm still need to adjust a bit to make sion a little slower and dr 1 speed slower but will be doing that later

And what happens when the enemy Revan opens by marking BSF?
  • Devian wrote: »
    he's bad not only outside of his faction but within sith empire faction as well. Whole faction is too raw basically

Its not bad it feels like its missing 1 toon like jolee/gk for jkr a good support/tank that befits the group in some way
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »

Is that why im dropped 2 spots in 9.5 hrs while in the top 5?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    It’s weird

I think there are two ways to mod / comp your DR teams. One is for beating JKR teams and the other is to beat other DR teams. Fastest Sion is bad against DR but great against JKR
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »

Is that why im dropped 2 spots in 9.5 hrs while in the top 5?

Give it time, hes only been out for a couple hours lol. Man you love jumping to conclusions dont you...
  • Ultra wrote: »
    It’s weird

I think there are two ways to mod / comp your DR teams. One is for beating JKR teams and the other is to beat other DR teams. Fastest Sion is bad against DR but great against JKR

Yea think fast sion for jkr and a fast assassin for mirror matches with trooper to take the first few hits so they cant target ur leader will do better in mirror
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Devian wrote: »

Its not bad it feels like its missing 1 toon like jolee/gk for jkr a good support/tank that befits the group in some way

It's bad coz you can't start the battle. And even if you survive(AI won't target SA or Bad Bassy), you can't hold on against strong revan teams.
    First: it's tenacity up at the start of the battle(Bad Bassy just waists her turn) Sith assassin won't give many TM at the start as well. Everyone will wait for Revan or Sion.
    Sith trooper is merely a paper if he's inflicted with ferocity. Neither SA gives TM to HK nor ST tauts if HK looses health. So yes, without their core mechanic working right from the start - it's bad, coz goblin will obliterate one of your characters without penalty (HK won't kill anyone from JKR group at the start)

Plus, there are suspicions HK's zeta don't work correctly. Goblin gains TM. And characters don't deal additional dmg to DMed targets(I doubt 7k-11k dmg is real)

Even without Jolee JKR teams hold strong against Traya
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I've dropped a lot less running DR than I did JKR and on offense it's a breeze so i for one am happy

9rd7rls9q1ei.jpg

fble7kq8g3fd.jpg

Those speeds are pretty slow... Is that fast compared to others on your shard? Your best is +132? I wonder if your success is due to a weaker arena shard. Most people in my arena have +150 at least, with the entire team clocking in at +130 or more.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Its too early because:
    1. Early people often claim failure when they have inferior stars, gear or mods;
    2. Early people often claim success when going against inferior teams or young shards or are in a shard chat where they cant be attacked often; and
    3. Early people do good valid testing and mostly try to make objective conclusions.

The problem this early is sorting out 1, 2 and 3. Just needs time, IMHO.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    He's not blatently OP, but i'm reasonably sure he'll be used in top tier arena and won't be benched by everyone in favour of JKR.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Is Darth Revan really as bad on Defence as people are saying? Or is it something else?

Per usual, when a highly anticipated character doesn't have a single button that instantly obliterates the entire enemy team, people are quick to call it trash.

I suspect he will crush anything other than JKR, and hold his own against JKR reasonably well.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png