Old daka chant of resurrection.. reviving characters at 20% health not 1 point of health

Skye
795 posts Member
Normally I target old Daka first, perhaps many other players do hence why this little bug might not be encountered often...

Yesterday I decided to leave Old daka alone whilst taking out the Geo Soldier and Rey first. Both were downed before Old Daka's move.. But when it came to Old Daka's move. she casts her chant of resurrections...

Unlucky for me it revives both the GS and Rey... ok no problem... but then I notice their health bars showing roughly 20-30% full. Looking back at her power description it says they should revive with 1 point of health... Not 30% of their health... The heal component should heal people who were alive at the point of the power by 30% if they were damaged...

Not only that I also noticed the both the GS and Rey now also had two buffs on them Offense up and defense up!

Erm.. that's Old Daka's passive! Since when did Old Daka upon reviving a character or characters with her chant of resurrection also give the revived characters the buffs from the passive if they revive immediately after dying?

As I understand it,

1. If chant of resurrection is used it should only revive defeated character(s) at 1 point of health and provide them no buffs!
2. If a character is defeated. Old daka has a 10% chance to revive that character upon defeat with close to 30% of their health and with two buffs offense up and defense up

So what I saw was literally the Chant of resurrection active power and Serve again passive power combined... I'm pretty sure that is not suppose to happen!

Out of curiosity I retreated and attacked the same player again, repeating the same actions as I did before.. This is in the Arena btw not the GW.. Oddly, the same thing happened again. Old Daka's chant of resurrection revives both Rey and the GS at 30% health with both offense up and defense up buffs!

I have not attacked another player with this particular combo so I don't know if it's just this particular set up of characters that cause this as I usually defeat Old Daka first in any group in the Arena.
Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Per a dev, Chant of Resurrection is intended to do the heal after the raise. The tooltip is worded poorly and will be changed.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Per a dev, Chant of Resurrection is intended to do the heal after the raise. The tooltip is worded poorly and will be changed.

Still doesn't explain the two buffs though!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Yeah, all the revive characters revive and then heal.

As for the buffs, that seems to be a bug. It's just them being lazy in the coding. I'm guessing that they reused the code from her last ability for the revive part of her heal, but didn't check it afterwards. So they probably copy pasted a little bit more code than they should have and now revives have the buffs. That's just a guess though.
  • Glad I wasn't the only one that's faced this.