What I hate about the Yoda event

If I press autoplay all of my characters start attacking the Jedi Temple Knights instead of Yoda.... Even if they have all been previously attacking Yoda.

I have asked for this **** function to be fixed, but it is particularly irritating with the Yoda event because:
1. Every attack on Yoda is needed
2. Yoda for some reason gets 4 consecutive attacks sometimes.
3. I am probably going to have to retreat anyway so I should be able to have a SENSIBLE autoplay attempt, but it seems the devs want autoplay to play nonsensibl

I really regret my efforts with this event.

I could've had a 7* GS, 7* Daka by now at least...

Replies

• Auto is worthless unless you are absolutely sure AI has zero chance of losing. It's been bugged and horrible since launch. It is interesting though, that when I play agsinst the AI they don't always blow a special for 11,000 damage on a character with 1,200 hp. If I put it on auto they pop every special in the first turn.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Either I'm very confused or this is a really pathetic trolling attempt. Why would anyone try to auto the Yoda event?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I'm not sure @Qeltar . I guess he is replaying over and over and wants to save time by using auto. That wouldn't be my first choice if I actually wanted to win.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    This is supposed to be difficult (and really isn't at 6* anyway) but auto-ing it is just silly. I don't get it.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Either I'm very confused or this is a really pathetic trolling attempt. Why would anyone try to auto the Yoda event?

I auto'd the 5* one in two attempts.

I have put in about 15 attempts at the 6* and the #1 thing that seems to cause me to lose is Yoda gets this 4 consecutive hit streak that kills two of my teammates. This isn't dependent upon my decisions it is just bad luck, so if the auto feature would stay on the same target I would do that and try my odds with more chances in a period of time.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    You are attempting to auto something that a number of people have complained that they find too hard to do with carefully-planned attacks. Er, okay.
    I'm actually amazed that you expect anyone to take this seriously.
    My suggestion: take 5 minutes and beat it without autoplay. It is less time than this thread has cost you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    You are attempting to auto something that a number of people have complained that they find too hard to do with carefully-planned attacks. Er, okay.
    I'm actually amazed that you expect anyone to take this seriously.
    My suggestion: take 5 minutes and beat it without autoplay. It is less time than this thread has cost you.

I agree.

If you still feel like autoing the challenge though, make sure to hard click Yoda as your target after pressing the auto button. That locks the target and your AI will only attack Yoda. I've not had the target lock break during the auto battle. Yet.
  • Maybe even more than arena and GW, the Yoda event is something you can't auto. Especially on 6 and 7 where he has 'friends' but even before that auto will waste special attacks on Yoda when he has foresight and will time heals poorly.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • The event is past difficult, it literally doesn't matter what team you have or how you play it comes down to Rng which is ****!!
  • You can auto the other events because there are no other targets for the UI. Have you done the Agility challenge and watched the AI kill the droids long before you even need a heal and then you get screwed? I'm sure you've autorun many events and battles, does the AI ever focus-fire anybody when they're multiple targets?
  • Atwell
    111 posts Member
    I agree that the auto targeting sucks. I hate having to manually adjust it during during STR, INT and AGL challenges.

On the other hand... Using "Auto" on the Yoda event and expecting to win is just wrong on multiple levels.
  • I finally got Yoda 7*

But let me say something, after 120 attempts. I was not lucky, I was very very lucky. Yoda was hitting my characters with almost 5 ninja atatcks, and I was lucky still have them alive until the end.
    Lumi, Baris, EK, JC and QGJ 7 at attack abilities and 7 at healing.

Good luck everyone! You need it!
  • I don't run auto on anything unless its a low level node. Challenges, etc, all get regular control.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I did the 6* in the first try, with only Luminara as 7*. I was carrying 6* lvl 65 Barris, 6* lvl 65 Ashoka, as well as 6* lvl 70 JC and QGJ, plus 7* Lumi. Only QGJ died.

Don't know why you dont just go and kill him instead of trying to Auto it. If you can't, gear up, level up and raise your Jedi's skill levels
  • Sorry, already been said, I know, but haven't seen answer to the question:
    Why would anyone want to autoplay anything other than easy challenges? Especially one that is supposed to be really hard to beat. Just curious.
  • Sorry, already been said, I know, but haven't seen answer to the question:
    Why would anyone want to autoplay anything other than easy challenges? Especially one that is supposed to be really hard to beat. Just curious.

You guys aren't actually reading what was written...

I am not losing my battles because of my bad decisions. I am losing them because of RNG. If autoplay worked sensibly and would stay on Yoda I could press play and come back every 3 minutes to try again until RNG works in my favor.
  • Its funny to read posts like that. yoda event is a piece of cake compared to other MMORPGS and RPGS challenges. I usually to play 40 man raids during hours per day to get a small chance to see something drop to my class in WoW, we took months to get gear pieces and rare mounts or spells. The warlock challenge to change just the color of your spells was a challenge few people could complete.
  • Beat the 6* Yoda on my third try with a sub-optimal team. While I'm sure the 7* is a lot harder, I'll never know because I'm not going to sink the resources into 7* four more toons for 1 7* toon. That being said....you should never auto the 6* battle anyway
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    This thread is like someone driving down the highway with his hands off the wheel, and then when the car goes into the ditch, complaining because the road isn't straight.
    You aren't supposed to auto the Yoda challenge. This entire thread is so ludicrous I thought it was parody.