After terrible rng when farming OR characters...

2Next

Replies

• fletchmars wrote: »
    IRng is a crazy thing. Oh ive also had 7/8 a few times and never had 0/8 on hard node farms.

0/8 happens to me like every other day. The trick is to farm 20 energy fleet nodes.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    fletchmars wrote: »
    IRng is a crazy thing. Oh ive also had 7/8 a few times and never had 0/8 on hard node farms.

0/8 happens to me like every other day. The trick is to farm 20 energy fleet nodes.

Lol. I hear ya man.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Character shards have a 33% drop rate and purple gear has a 20% drop rate

You're in for a ride
    However, as I hear, the last time someone tried to do a "scientific" long-term drop rate study, they were told to "stop it!" by someone important. Why? Because drop rates get "massaged" from time to time.
    I stopped using Facebook to avoid this kind of vague pulled out of thin air misinformation

I'm not a part of any SWGOH facebook group and what I said was stated by a game changer.....

Source?

Here is a very recent long(ish) term study documented in these very forums: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/196365/new-old-republic-characters-drop-rates-day-28-completed/p1

Yep, only a month long "study" which really doesn't mean much in the long-term. It's good for tracking purposes leading up to the event and during. The one I heard about was a year-long study of drop rates which would've been more indicative of actual rates and would've shown how drop rates go up and down during certain times and certain events.

Good info on that one though, but during the same timeframe I was getting 1, maybe 2 a day from the three characters I needed to farm for D Revan. But I didn't do any node refreshes, just the basic 8 per day on each.

Once again, do you have a source for this year-long study that was shut down? It sounds like, at best, third hand knowledge.

And you're refuting a data driven study of over 1300 attempts across 4 weeks with "I was getting 1, maybe 2 a day" ? I'm not sure the two are comparable.
  • Drops are terrible lately feels like throttling but that would be unethical. And I think CG is above that.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »

You're in for a ride

We're "told" characters have a 33% drop rate on average. (meaning the collective character drop rate) That doesn't mean CG isn't turning down drop rates before and during events, or when they see the need to. I was getting 2-3 shards of Carth and Juhani a day leading up to this event. During this even I'm getting about 1 a day. I even tried refreshing Carth's node to do 16. Nope, out of 16 I only got 1 shard drop. Pretty much been that way for the last few days. A couple days I got zero of 8. I wasn't even expecting to get DR this time, but it doesn't mean my drop rate doesn't still suck.

However, as I hear, the last time someone tried to do a "scientific" long-term drop rate study, they were told to "stop it!" by someone important. Why? Because drop rates get "massaged" from time to time.

There was literally a thread where someone updated his/her farm daily for the OR/DSR event and it came out to about 33% for each fo the characters.
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    fletchmars wrote: »
    Ive had greedo hit 8 times in a row with 85% crti chance two times in a row. Ive also had a character dodge my attack 4 times in a row (Without foresight). Rng is a crazy thing. Oh ive also had 7/8 a few times and never had 0/8 on hard node farms.

You've never went 0/8 on a hard farm? I find this hard to believe. I started farming Juhani and Carth at the same time. For fun, I decided to sim Juhani 5 and 3, but Carth all at once. Was expecting everything to even out - each would have good days and bad days. I am at 32/85 for Juhani and 5/85 for Carth. Out of frustration of the terrible Carth drops I bought 8 shards for 640 crystals. That is 80 crystals for each shard. An absolute bargain, as I normally go 0/8, then spend 125 crystals to reset the node and get more energy and go 1/6.

For Carth, 0 is the norm.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »

You're in for a ride
    I stopped using Facebook to avoid this kind of vague pulled out of thin air misinformation

I'm not a part of any SWGOH facebook group and what I said was stated by a game changer.....

Source?

Here is a very recent long(ish) term study documented in these very forums: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/196365/new-old-republic-characters-drop-rates-day-28-completed/p1

Yep, only a month long "study" which really doesn't mean much in the long-term. It's good for tracking purposes leading up to the event and during. The one I heard about was a year-long study of drop rates which would've been more indicative of actual rates and would've shown how drop rates go up and down during certain times and certain events.

Good info on that one though, but during the same timeframe I was getting 1, maybe 2 a day from the three characters I needed to farm for D Revan. But I didn't do any node refreshes, just the basic 8 per day on each.

Once again, do you have a source for this year-long study that was shut down? It sounds like, at best, third hand knowledge.

And you're refuting a data driven study of over 1300 attempts across 4 weeks with "I was getting 1, maybe 2 a day" ? I'm not sure the two are comparable.

If you watch and listen to the game changers' youtube streams and videos, you'd know who and what. I've heard it more than once. I'm not going to say who specifically to put them in hot water or cause them to get 1000 questions about it they don't want to answer. There are only a few current and former game changers that are fairly active on youtube with swgoh.

As well, I wasn't "comparing" my experience as fact compared to the 28-day long "study". I was indicating that's what my experience was. I'm sure others got a lot better drop rate. And good for him for getting that rate for drops. I'm sure some people got 4-6 per 8 sims a day. If someone else wants to do a year long study of drop rates, have at it and see what it shows. I'm sure many of us would be curious to see what it says.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »

You're in for a ride

Source?

If you watch and listen to the game changers' youtube streams and videos, you'd know who and what. I've heard it more than once. I'm not going to say who specifically to put them in hot water or cause them to get 1000 questions about it they don't want to answer. There are only a few current and former game changers that are fairly active on youtube with swgoh.

I don't watch them. They offer no valuable content.

And I'll take your lack of evidence as admission that, 'the last time someone tried to do a "scientific" long-term drop rate study, they were told to "stop it!" by someone important' never happened.