Update on zFinn Changes Coming Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Ok I tried new zfinn many times. (cant believe I spent crystal on this lol) (sooo many stinky bastila running around cough cough)

    zfinn is better than before. The 60% team wide potency makes expose a reliable things (especially poe who has very low potency even G12).

    Tldr, is he better?
    Yes, better as a leader in a resistance team.

    Hybrid team and low gear level finn...hmm not so much.


    Finn resistance is my first pvp team, my first zeta'd and G12. I am glad this team back to the status they used to have and buffed to be more reliable. Thank you CG, I am very happy about the change, thank you.

    I appreciate the opinion. I am waiting for the youtubers to post more on ZFinn to have more information to make a decision.
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Ok I tried new zfinn many times. (cant believe I spent crystal on this lol) (sooo many stinky bastila running around cough cough)

    zfinn is better than before. The 60% team wide potency makes expose a reliable things (especially poe who has very low potency even G12).

    Tldr, is he better?
    Yes, better as a leader in a resistance team.

    Hybrid team and low gear level finn...hmm not so much.


    Finn resistance is my first pvp team, my first zeta'd and G12. I am glad this team back to the status they used to have and buffed to be more reliable. Thank you CG, I am very happy about the change, thank you.

    Hmm why would 3 sentences be too long to read? Especially when you follow up with 5 more sentences after the "tldr"? Dont make no sense!
    Also you say new zFinn is better but you dont give any examples. What was your team, which enemy teams did you beat?
  • Tdeb94000
    34 posts Member
    edited March 30
    thanks for the haat ******* loosers of CG!

    what is wrong with you CG guys for being so uncompetent?
  • I'm going to ask the question we are all thinking. Can it beat a Kenobi led Jedi team?
  • Tdeb94000 wrote: »
    thanks for the haat ******* loosers of CG!

    what is wrong with you CG guys for being so uncompetent?
    E3nqvzZ.gif
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Tdeb94000 wrote: »
    thanks for the haat ******* loosers of CG!

    what is wrong with you CG guys for being so uncompetent?
    E3nqvzZ.gif

    You took the gif right out of my mind
  • What will happen first? Disney restores the original eu? Or cg restores the original zinn lead? (I can dream, lol)
  • Madlax wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Ok I tried new zfinn many times. (cant believe I spent crystal on this lol) (sooo many stinky bastila running around cough cough)

    zfinn is better than before. The 60% team wide potency makes expose a reliable things (especially poe who has very low potency even G12).

    Tldr, is he better?
    Yes, better as a leader in a resistance team.

    Hybrid team and low gear level finn...hmm not so much.


    Finn resistance is my first pvp team, my first zeta'd and G12. I am glad this team back to the status they used to have and buffed to be more reliable. Thank you CG, I am very happy about the change, thank you.

    Hmm why would 3 sentences be too long to read? Especially when you follow up with 5 more sentences after the "tldr"? Dont make no sense!
    Also you say new zFinn is better but you dont give any examples. What was your team, which enemy teams did you beat?

    Sisters, that's all I can find without tenacity up at the starts of the battle.
  • YaeVizsla
    3174 posts Member
    Witmaster wrote: »
    Well, I suppose congratulations are in order. Your "Finn Update" presumably worked just as advertised. For the past several month my Guild has finally been able to complete HSTR.... until now. Tonight was our first attempt since you castrated finn… and we failed. Well played.
    Finn worked because of an infinite exploit loop. You were told three months ago that said exploit loop would be fixed. If your guild did not spend its time working toward the many, many alternatives, then that's on y'all. Not on CG.

    And there are many alternatives that still work just fine. The assorted Chex variants including Greedo mix and Bounty and the Beast, or zCLS lead with 3PO. Aurra hunters. ROLO. Kevan. Devan. Troopers. Deathstorm. One person can field all seven of those teams in parallel, and the only ones who impact other phases are diverting Revans from P2 and Nightsisters from P4. Overflow JTRs after you fell P1 should do a number on Sion, as should Bastila Jedi teams from people who don't have Revan yet. And there are enough other teams who are at least good against Sion that it isn't hard to spare some Revans. As for sisters, yes you'll need them for P4 Nihilus, but not many. You can easily spare some sisters for P3. And every Revan and Nightsisters team allocated to P3 can field a lot of damage. And zCLS with 3PO has a very high damage ceiling while using most of the same parts as the previous zFinn team.

    So I gotta say, I'm baffled. If all you needed was Finn to get you through P3, you were clearly close. So how? How did you not bother to prep alternatives? How did you not coordinate to assign some more zots to a change that you knew would impact your usual method of getting through? What did you even expect?

    Y'all messed up. Y'all messed up big. And do with your money what you will, but y'all failing that raid ain't on CG. Blaming them is childish.

    Heck, if all you needed was a leg up through P3, then you were close. You're still close. You may even have everything you need right now, with proper coordination. It's not like Finn was a key unit for getting through before, or something y'all would have been specifically working toward prior to the 3PO release. So some time between the 3PO release and the Finn rework, y'all chose to pursue Finn for the purpose of clearing P3. But within days of the 3PO release, CG announced that they were going to fix that interaction, and updated us on status no less than three times. So why would you not work on other things for P3?
    Still not a he.
  • HarryTDF
    392 posts Member
    Witmaster wrote: »
    Well, I suppose congratulations are in order. Your "Finn Update" presumably worked just as advertised. For the past several month my Guild has finally been able to complete HSTR.... until now. Tonight was our first attempt since you castrated finn… and we failed. Well played.

    For years, I have played this game. Not as long as many but probably as long as most. I love this game and have gladly purchased in-game items on a regular basis to assist in my progress as well as contribute to the cost of development and maintaining this venue. I understand YOU are in this to make money and I respect your right to do so. However, I'm afraid you will need to look elsewhere for financial support.... my interest in this has been utterly compromised.

    It's your game. You are completely within your rights to change it however you see fit. I can only presume that our ability to finally complete the HSTR somehow brought some terrible imbalance to your virtual world.

    We farmed and developed characters to meet the challenges. We faithfully poured time, energy and credits into this game. We played by the rules..... and then you changed the rules.

    I have to confess, my desire to continue to in this game/quest is seriously challenged. I know that games like this have a typical "lifespan" of only a few years... SWGOH seems to be the exception.... until now.

    I can only respect your decisions to manipulate the game they way you have... I cannot control how you choose to manage "mechanics" and "metas" within the holotable. Likewise, YOU cannot control my decision to play... or not. Sure, I'm not a "Whale" who drops hundreds/thousands of $$'s; but did spend on a regular basis. I actually budgeted money for this game on a monthly basis... until now. After this I will not contribute a single penny.

    Why don’t you guys just use the cls, paper 3po infinite loop team that cg wont nerf because it doesn’t affect their new money grabs.
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Finn worked because of an infinite exploit loop. You were told three months ago that said exploit loop would be fixed.

    I went against a Palp/Vader/DR team yesterday with my DR/NS team and didnt get a single turn. Enemy had way better mods than me ofc but still... sounds like an exploit loop eh?
  • Sith P3 (t6) commment:
    My zFinn resistance team gets about 5M damage, but only with JTR lead. zFinn lead hasn't done much and even less with the 'infinite loop' team with CLS, Han & Chewie.

    Finn's second special works well with C-3PO and BB8, with 100k damage every turn (until isolated!).

    I have yet to try zFinn in PVP but hopefully his zeta will be good in TW... ?!?

  • Keydash1
    279 posts Member
    Finn used to be a leadership on a stick, like Rex but even moreso. His actions were arguably the worst for resistance outside of Rose. His new lead is unquestionably worse - it looks like it's still okay, not a garbage lead, but no longer great. On the other hand, his 3 moves are massively improved. My current view is that he makes RJT teams better, especially in raids, but his leadership not worth a zeta anymore unless you have enough G12 resistance for two teams and zetas to spare.

    Anyone complaining about HAAT being harder should try RJT/BB8/C3PO/CLS/Finn. My G8 Finn was doing 230k per shot to the tank. It's pretty much as effective as the old Finn led team, and the run is way faster.
  • Keydash1 wrote: »
    Anyone complaining about HAAT being harder should try RJT/BB8/C3PO/CLS/Finn. My G8 Finn was doing 230k per shot to the tank. It's pretty much as effective as the old Finn led team, and the run is way faster.
    Other than g8 Finn, can you tell me what gear levels are needed on the others? I think I'm close to being able to run this team if they don't all need g12.
  • YaeVizsla
    3174 posts Member
    Madlax wrote: »
    I went against a Palp/Vader/DR team yesterday with my DR/NS team and didnt get a single turn. Enemy had way better mods than me ofc but still... sounds like an exploit loop eh?
    No. No it does not.

    That was not an exploit loop. That was just a powerful alpha strike, with a side of stunlock. It locks you down then beats you up. Frustrating, but not an exploit loop.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla
    3174 posts Member
    edited April 1
    <Double post. I don't see a delete option anywhere.>
    Still not a he.
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie when is the cls infinite loop for p3 going to be addressed? Or is that one not a issue because it don’t mess with the new toys?
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »


    So I gotta say, I'm baffled. If all you needed was Finn to get you through P3, you were clearly close.

    Like I said...… we played by the rules, and they changed the rules. Doesn't matter if it was announced 3 days ago or 3 months ago. They changed the rules.... and players who did nothing but faithfully contribute to this game have suffered for it.

    Example:
    When they revamped NS Zombie, it wasn't because players were exploiting the meta. CG freely admitted that they were impressed that clever players had discovered that, by deliberately not gearing up zombie, they had, in effect, created a meta that supercharged Asaj to unstoppable levels. Players with an UBER-geared NS team would get clobbered by other members with a **** geared NS team combined with a non-geared NS Zombie. CG even applauded the resourcefulness of the members who discovered this un-forecasted combination. In the end, they revamped her because enough people complained how the exploit was creating an unfair advantage in Arena. This was, in my opinion, a fair decision as the exploit directly impacted and (essentially) penalized other players who had invested in gearing up their squads.

    In this case, nobody was complaining. Everyone was enjoying this new Finn team with great success. This combination offered many an unprecedented level of success in Tank raids as well as HSTR. This combination didn't impact Arena, TW, TB or GA. It's only significant impact was HTR and (more importantly) HSTR. It was not the players, but EA who saw this level of success and decided to kill it. As a result... players suffered. They're only "crime" was playing by the rules.
  • Jpfit262
    180 posts Member
    It has totally **** facing other teams in grand arena that were able to keep their zeta on Finn.
  • Gorem
    1185 posts Member
    Witmaster wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »


    So I gotta say, I'm baffled. If all you needed was Finn to get you through P3, you were clearly close.

    Like I said...… we played by the rules, and they changed the rules. Doesn't matter if it was announced 3 days ago or 3 months ago. They changed the rules.... and players who did nothing but faithfully contribute to this game have suffered for it.

    Example:
    When they revamped NS Zombie, it wasn't because players were exploiting the meta. CG freely admitted that they were impressed that clever players had discovered that, by deliberately not gearing up zombie, they had, in effect, created a meta that supercharged Asaj to unstoppable levels. Players with an UBER-geared NS team would get clobbered by other members with a **** geared NS team combined with a non-geared NS Zombie. CG even applauded the resourcefulness of the members who discovered this un-forecasted combination. In the end, they revamped her because enough people complained how the exploit was creating an unfair advantage in Arena. This was, in my opinion, a fair decision as the exploit directly impacted and (essentially) penalized other players who had invested in gearing up their squads.

    In this case, nobody was complaining. Everyone was enjoying this new Finn team with great success. This combination offered many an unprecedented level of success in Tank raids as well as HSTR. This combination didn't impact Arena, TW, TB or GA. It's only significant impact was HTR and (more importantly) HSTR. It was not the players, but EA who saw this level of success and decided to kill it. As a result... players suffered. They're only "crime" was playing by the rules.

    And you can continue to play by the rules by using the CLS solo p3 squad, takes awhile and you cannot ever use auto, but they won't nerf CLS because CLS doesn't easily beat Both Revans.

    So CLS is safe because CLS doesn't effect Revanue anywhere near as much.

    So the CLS infinite loop is great.

    The CLS infinite loop is love. (The best part is how it.. promotes weak C3's. Gotta love that, gotta love making a character worse for something by gearing it).
  • HarryTDF
    392 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    Witmaster wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »


    So I gotta say, I'm baffled. If all you needed was Finn to get you through P3, you were clearly close.

    Like I said...… we played by the rules, and they changed the rules. Doesn't matter if it was announced 3 days ago or 3 months ago. They changed the rules.... and players who did nothing but faithfully contribute to this game have suffered for it.

    Example:
    When they revamped NS Zombie, it wasn't because players were exploiting the meta. CG freely admitted that they were impressed that clever players had discovered that, by deliberately not gearing up zombie, they had, in effect, created a meta that supercharged Asaj to unstoppable levels. Players with an UBER-geared NS team would get clobbered by other members with a **** geared NS team combined with a non-geared NS Zombie. CG even applauded the resourcefulness of the members who discovered this un-forecasted combination. In the end, they revamped her because enough people complained how the exploit was creating an unfair advantage in Arena. This was, in my opinion, a fair decision as the exploit directly impacted and (essentially) penalized other players who had invested in gearing up their squads.

    In this case, nobody was complaining. Everyone was enjoying this new Finn team with great success. This combination offered many an unprecedented level of success in Tank raids as well as HSTR. This combination didn't impact Arena, TW, TB or GA. It's only significant impact was HTR and (more importantly) HSTR. It was not the players, but EA who saw this level of success and decided to kill it. As a result... players suffered. They're only "crime" was playing by the rules.

    And you can continue to play by the rules by using the CLS solo p3 squad, takes awhile and you cannot ever use auto, but they won't nerf CLS because CLS doesn't easily beat Both Revans.

    So CLS is safe because CLS doesn't effect Revanue anywhere near as much.

    So the CLS infinite loop is great.

    The CLS infinite loop is love. (The best part is how it.. promotes weak C3's. Gotta love that, gotta love making a character worse for something by gearing it).

    Yeah ikr. They are against paper toons and infinite loops yet they haven’t even acknowledged the cls/paper 3po team.
  • Keydash1
    279 posts Member
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    Anyone complaining about HAAT being harder should try RJT/BB8/C3PO/CLS/Finn. My G8 Finn was doing 230k per shot to the tank. It's pretty much as effective as the old Finn led team, and the run is way faster.
    Other than g8 Finn, can you tell me what gear levels are needed on the others? I think I'm close to being able to run this team if they don't all need g12.

    Mine are all G12 (other than Finn), but I doubt they need to be. You need enough potency to land some debuffs, but CLS does tenacity down which helps. If your speed and damage are both lower, you might hit enrage in P2 before finishing. RJT lead zeta, BB8 roll zeta, CLS IBAT zeta all help a lot. Good offense mods on Finn and speed on the others will help.
  • Possum
    24 posts Member
    I’d say something about CG nerfing Finn’s leadership into oblivion, but it’s falling on deaf ears. They made the decision and totally ignored all our feedback. We were lucky they condescended to refund our zetas.

    CG, when you want me to open my wallet, I will not forget! This is not the 1st time you’ve nerfed a char I chose to develop.
  • Cootch
    8 posts Member
    edited April 4
    So with the changes that have been made and stated by most Finn has been drastically changed. Our guild has lost 4 people in a week,in a time where it is already hard to recruit nowadays. yes the p3 sith help and would have pushed towards heroic sith eventually but the fact that we went from autoing on haat back to manual on some phases is ridiculous.This was a big game changer and not well thought out.tho some of you may disagree. your opinion is yours.Communication has broken,and game has changed. Puzzles were fun and entertaining and brought community together, then again today and like alot lately updates in game before communication. will this change?
  • I think it would be more prudent if CG would change the character, give it two weeks, then take the zeta off. This gives us players plenty of time to test the "new" zeta skill to see how it works. If we want to put the zeta back on, then we can put it on.

    Taking it off immediately only requires some of us to put it back on to test and see how it works and take the hit for others.

    At the end of the day, I'm still waiting for someone to come up with a part of the game where Finn's leadership is worthwhile. I hope something happens because I was one who put it back on to test and see how it worked. I tried it in HAAT with the same team setup and went from soloing the whole raid to doing 800K damage in P1. lol

    Finn's new lead takes away a lot of capability that we used to have.
  • Phoenixeon
    1089 posts Member
    I said that days ago.
    Old school Zfinn resistance pvp is better than before.
  • Since u made the in game feedback super convoluted ill vent my frustration here. I'm not happy with the rework, it was said finn would still b viable pvp, what a joke, the team i made for him in now useles and its a wasted zeta.
  • YaeVizsla
    3174 posts Member
    Spydrebyte wrote: »
    Since u made the in game feedback super convoluted ill vent my frustration here. I'm not happy with the rework, it was said finn would still b viable pvp, what a joke, the team i made for him in now useles and its a wasted zeta.
    What is your lineup and what did you use it against?
    Still not a he.
Sign In or Register to comment.