What was your drop rate for the vets?

After 4 days of 3 refreshes per day, I am around 26% (I know it’s not a reliable sample size). I’m not sure if I’m going to make it with even a 33% drop rate (Vet Han 4* 10/65 and Vet Chewie 26/65). Based on my current drop rate I need to spend 700+ hours energy per day. What were your drop rates for the full vet farm (emphasis on full, not just one refresh)?

Replies

• It took me 5 months to farm them. On May 4th last year with the double drops I got 54 shards for 1800 crystals. Both were okay amounts of time, and with your current amount you might not make the next RJT in April/May.
  • Feels like chewy has been going on forever. Han didn’t seem to take anywhere near as long.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • dmcneice
    23 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I've been farming them for quite a while now, 3 refreshes every day and normal cantina energy. My current drop rate is 21% for chewy and 19% for han solo. My Chewy is at 6 stars and Han at 4 stars. Its a very slow grind.
  • The Veterans are the most painful grind in the game. I can't even look at my veterans without feeling a small sense of disgust.

Sometimes, I send one of the veterans in solo against the Rancor to get eaten, just to remind them of how painful that grind was.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    32% for one of them - 35% for the other.
  • About 33% for each
  • When I did it back in the day the drops rates seemed very good to me. Better so than most.
  • The Veterans are the most painful grind in the game. I can't even look at my veterans without feeling a small sense of disgust.

Sometimes, I send one of the veterans in solo against the Rancor to get eaten, just to remind them of how painful that grind was.

you are legend :D
  • It takes a while regardless because it is a 16 energy farm and the vets are notoriously stingy nodes. Do 3 refreshes per day and it'll go much faster
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    About 38.17% or around that, for Vet Chewie. As for Mission being "worse", I'm current at 37.27%, so by definition that's worse, I guess.
  • Has the next JTR been announced, or is your calculations based off assumed drop date?
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    I learned an important lesson on farming back when I was farming the vets, a lesson that is helping now with the KOTOR toons.

Don't pay attention to drop rate. Don't even look at how many shards you get. Just sim the battles and after a few months, you'll realize you're finally at 100/100. It's much nicer to accept you'll never finish and then be surprised with a finish, rather than paying attention to the 2 shards or so you get a day :sweat_smile:
  • Deadheat wrote: »
    Has the next JTR been announced, or is your calculations based off assumed drop date?

Just off of the assumed date
  • DarthA
    41 posts Member
    I was able to farm them when they did double drops right before the JTR event started so it didnt take long.
  • Lio wrote: »
    I learned an important lesson on farming back when I was farming the vets, a lesson that is helping now with the KOTOR toons.

Don't pay attention to drop rate. Don't even look at how many shards you get. Just sim the battles and after a few months, you'll realize you're finally at 100/100. It's much nicer to accept you'll never finish and then be surprised with a finish, rather than paying attention to the 2 shards or so you get a day :sweat_smile:

If I had a lot of time I wouldn’t worry about the drop rate, but I have a tight time frame. If I’m not going to make it with 3 refreshes then I can ease off, use some crystals on hard nodes, and not worry.
  • To answer the question, just plain awful. Although Badstilla is giving Vet Han a run for his money.
  • 38.8% for the last 116 shards. I did not track the drop rate before that, but at the time everyone was complaining so I decided to get scientific about it.
    uLAiQRl.png
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    @EventineElessedil that's fancy! I just manually type them up.

Based on all my data since I started tracking all my Cantina farms:

1201/3219 = 37.31% and that's 6 different characters on various energy nodes.