Swgoh celebrates but many of us don't.

Great work on the Revan event, people seem very excited about the whole design, I only got the first 2 tiers myself and I had to watch the rest of it on YouTube. Alot of people celebrate this event but for most of us it's just another day, an event that we can't participate in.

I thought about this and I came to the conclusion that it would make sense for f2p events to accompany these legendary events that are out of most people's price range. When an event such as the Revan event comes to the game, it could have a small brother event that can give away some rewards like a few mods and some carbantis maybe. The event will utilize similar units as the ones required for the legendary but they will be event units not from the player's account. We get to see some aspects of the legendary event and get into the spirit of the celebration. This way people won't feel left out.

Replies

• What a well thought out, fair minded, and articulate post.

Now stand by for the multiple posts from those who have to buy their importance telling you you dont deserve what others buy.
  • But. That. Makes. Sense! I can't take it!!!!!!!! (Insert Wilhelm scream here).
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    I paid for my Darth Revan, i paid for doing the event, i paid for having something that others don't have. Do i like your idea? I actually do, yes. It keeps up the spirit and you can use it as a practise mode too, what a great way to celebrate something new.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Great work on the Revan event, people seem very excited about the whole design, I only got the first 2 tiers myself and I had to watch the rest of it on YouTube. Alot of people celebrate this event but for most of us it's just another day, an event that we can't participate in.

I thought about this and I came to the conclusion that it would make sense for f2p events to accompany these legendary events that are out of most people's price range. When an event such as the Revan event comes to the game, it could have a small brother event that can give away some rewards like a few mods and some carbantis maybe. The event will utilize similar units as the ones required for the legendary but they will be event units not from the player's account. We get to see some aspects of the legendary event and get into the spirit of the celebration. This way people won't feel left out.

You mean, kind of like the first 2 tiers of this event? Everyone was able to do t1 and then everyone that at least did the marquees was able to do t2. There were rewards for both. Isn’t that exactly what you’re asking for?

ETA: I’m asking this completely non-sarcastically by the way.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member

You mean, kind of like the first 2 tiers of this event? Everyone was able to do t1 and then everyone that at least did the marquees was able to do t2. There were rewards for both. Isn’t that exactly what you’re asking for?

ETA: I’m asking this completely non-sarcastically by the way.

It's not about the rewards but the event per se. S/he wants to play it in total even if there's no reward at all, just for the fun of it. Not everyone is greedy, some people just enjoy it like everyone should.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    I really like this idea. It’s basically an inverse of the mythic events.
  • What a great idea.

If I were a member of the development team, I would love that the majority of the player base could see the results of all of our hard work instead of just the select few that were prepared (one way or another).

As someone who has Darth Revan, I would actually love to do this just to be able to enjoy the event, the story and game play instead of getting stressed out about whether or not I needed to add gear to someone to unlock the toon I'd been saving for months for.

It's such a great game, but some of us overlook the bigger picture because of the stress/need to accomplish the immediate objective.

• I totally agree with this!

I would find it ok to watch the Game Changers from youtube to see the legendaries play out but it feels better watching the event unfold as you go along. Yet sometimes the difficulty of the tiers can take away the enjoyment at the moment and/or when it's over. (speaking from personal experience as I have a short temper)

If I may, along with that idea, whenever the event comes around after you have completed it the first time you can play it again for the fun or for trying different strategies with the required toons. Maybe have the legendary toon on your team for fun, like in marquees.