Ban All Revans!

No, but seriously. Maybe just put them all in the same shard. It's not like they'll miss out on much as they're all top of the shards fighting each other anyway. Maybe let Revan-less players carry on having fun without them?

Replies

• Stenun
    851 posts Member
    I do agree that the "Arena Shard" system is deeply flawed. And Revan just highlights another problem with it.
    I don't know why they don't scrap the whole thing and just introduce a "Chess Ladder" style Arena with rewards given out every day for your overall score. Much easier and would kill the horror of Shard Chat/Lockout.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    No, but seriously
    hahah
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    By this point, there's no excuse for not having Revan if your shardmates have him.
  • Stenun wrote: »
    I do agree that the "Arena Shard" system is deeply flawed. And Revan just highlights another problem with it.
    I don't know why they don't scrap the whole thing and just introduce a "Chess Ladder" style Arena with rewards given out every day for your overall score. Much easier and would kill the horror of Shard Chat/Lockout.

That doesn't fit the business model though, which is based on the fear of loss of social status.

People invest a little money early on, race to the top of their arena shard and quickly get used to their daily crystal income. Before long, they feel entitled to these rewards. They've earned one of the top spots by being more investment-savvy than the clueless or pennyless plebs. Then along comes some upstart and violently takes what is rightfully theirs. What better way is there to instill panic and bypass rational judgment than exploiting a fear that is written into our very DNA?

This trick also works in politics. When a minority group gains social status and becomes more equal to the rest of society, the middle class panics. Even when we don't lose anything other than our greater status compared to others and our right to look down on them, it hurts and scares us. Sometimes so much that we're willing to suffer a loss of wealth and social security as long as we're still better off than others.
  • Rollback to before the Sith Raid, that seems to be where the power creep really ramped up
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    How about they create a shard for you and your "friends" who keep posting the same ridiculous complaint with even more ridiculous suggestions every single day, five times?

A shard called "I'm unable to understand how PvP in a competitive game with a micro-transaction system works" with 50-100 crystals rewards for every single place. There you can enjoy playing the teams you want and let players who actually bother investing in the current meta take the 500 crystals daily.

Btw, your shard mates don't have a year advantage compared to you, unless you took a 1-year break. You all joined that same shard when you hit lv 28. Also, you suggest that you have started the game slightly over one year after the game launched. Playing for half a year and not unlocking Revan the second time is understandable. Playing for over two, there's really no excuse except for lack of interest.
  • LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    How about they create a shard for you and your "friends" who keep posting the same ridiculous complaint with even more ridiculous suggestions every single day, five times?

A shard called "I'm unable to understand how PvP in a competitive game with a micro-transaction system works" with 50-100 crystals rewards for every single place. There you can enjoy playing the teams you want and let players who actually bother investing in the current meta take the 500 crystals daily.

Btw, your shard mates don't have a year advantage compared to you, unless you took a 1-year break. You all joined that same shard when you hit lv 28. Also, you suggest that you have started the game slightly over one year after the game launched. Playing for half a year and not unlocking Revan the second time is understandable. Playing for over two, there's really no excuse except for lack of interest.

Oh, shut up! Who are you to tell me how I should be playing the game. Just because you may have dropped everything to grind Revan it doesn't mean other players have done the same, and indeed in a well thought out and balanced game that would never need to be the case. You're trying to dismiss all the other grinds in the game like Bounty Hunters, Ewoks, Night Sisters and so on. You have only really just labelled my point of how stupid and broken it is to have the game try and get all players to focus on the Revans or rather spend loads of money getting them. You may be willing to do that I and many others are not.

Interesting. I have a 7* C3PO, G12 BH squad and 7* Chewie, G11-12 NS.
    And I haven't spent on this game before DR. DR was the only toon that made me buy a few crystals for node refreshes, because I've been waiting for that character since I started the game.

Your point is kind of irrelevant when there are many players who haven't spent a dime and still managed to get JKR along with all legendaries.