We Need To Talk About Drop Rates...

Prev1
It's no secret that the drop rates for Carth and Juhani have been absolutely brutal leading up to the Darth Revan event. Now, I won't get into the idea that CG curbs drop rates before an event, because we could go on all day about things we can't confirm. But it goes without saying for any long time player, such as myself, that there's nothing more demoralizing about this game than focusing all your energy and recharges on a single node for days or weeks at a time, and getting next to no shards.

Whenever I see someone talking about quitting the game, it's almost always in relation to the unforgiving shard drop rates. To be fair to CG, I understand that this is a business, and having people spend money on recharges is a part of how they make their profit, but the system has to be adjusted to accommodate the way the game has changed if they plan to keep the player base happy. What's the point of having a passionate community of Star Wars fans when those fans can rarely power up the characters they love the most?

When the game first started, low drop rates weren't a major issue because of the relatively small roster size. You knew that you would unlock a new character or increase * levels regularly enough so as to not fall behind the rest of the crowd or to have no chance catching up. But now, with new characters coming out much faster than players can power up old ones, what was once a pretty fun experience in collecting your Star Wars faves has become an insurmountable effort for both veteran and new players.

CG, something has to be done if you plan to keep up interest in the game while putting out characters at the rate that you have. Suggestions? I could easily see a daily guaranteed drop (on nodes that players can choose) of something as small as 3 shards making the grind much more bearable for many players. Having more events where certain nodes are much more likely to yield shards (similar to what's been implemented with Galactic Chase) would be another way of improving the current system.

Whatever the solution, I hope one is implemented soon, otherwise I don't see the game lasting much longer. Don't alienate your players, CG. Don't get so caught up in exploiting the passion of Star Wars fans that you forget to keep the game fun for Star Wars fans.

TL;DR: Fix shard drops CG.

Replies

• Why farm characters faster when the real pain is gearing them?
    I see no point in having a 7* roster that cannot be taken beyond G7.
  • Simple solution just buy shards from daily/weekly shipments. Your guaranteed shards without the aggravation of wasted crystals on refreshes with no payout to show for it.

LololololloL
    Totally the case Dude
  • Calagon wrote: »
    It's no secret that the drop rates for Carth and Juhani have been absolutely brutal leading up to the Darth Revan event. Now, I won't get into the idea that CG curbs drop rates before an event, because we could go on all day about things we can't confirm. But it goes without saying for any long time player, such as myself, that there's nothing more demoralizing about this game than focusing all your energy and recharges on a single node for days or weeks at a time, and getting next to no shards.

Whenever I see someone talking about quitting the game, it's almost always in relation to the unforgiving shard drop rates. To be fair to CG, I understand that this is a business, and having people spend money on recharges is a part of how they make their profit, but the system has to be adjusted to accommodate the way the game has changed if they plan to keep the player base happy. What's the point of having a passionate community of Star Wars fans when those fans can rarely power up the characters they love the most?

When the game first started, low drop rates weren't a major issue because of the relatively small roster size. You knew that you would unlock a new character or increase * levels regularly enough so as to not fall behind the rest of the crowd or to have no chance catching up. But now, with new characters coming out much faster than players can power up old ones, what was once a pretty fun experience in collecting your Star Wars faves has become an insurmountable effort for both veteran and new players.

CG, something has to be done if you plan to keep up interest in the game while putting out characters at the rate that you have. Suggestions? I could easily see a daily guaranteed drop (on nodes that players can choose) of something as small as 3 shards making the grind much more bearable for many players. Having more events where certain nodes are much more likely to yield shards (similar to what's been implemented with Galactic Chase) would be another way of improving the current system.

Whatever the solution, I hope one is implemented soon, otherwise I don't see the game lasting much longer. Don't alienate your players, CG. Don't get so caught up in exploiting the passion of Star Wars fans that you forget to keep the game fun for Star Wars fans.

Drop rates are the same across the board. I'm getting showered in Carth shards. Personally for me, Canderous was the most brutal slog-grind ever. Took me months even with refreshes, but there were other characters in the past that I breezed through. Hounds Tooth was really easy, while Jango is slower.
    Everyone has a different experience. But the rates are all the same.

Actually people are very stupid when it comes to low gear high star squads. I have a Rebels D squad for GA:
    Admiral Ackbar G8
    Biggs G8
    Princess Leia G7
    R2 G8
    Old Ben G9
    They are very good and hold battles.
    P.S. I'm at 1.657 million GP and not stupid😉
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Sup peter?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Now, I won't get into the idea that CG curbs drop rates before an event, because we could go on all day about things we can't confirm

Yes we can confirm

Source: CG_Carrie
    Source: All the players tracking drop rates during the event, days leading up to and after the event

Answer: it’s a flat 33% and they never tinker with it
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    It's part of the "how not-friendly" this game is to the new players, it's a pain to build a proper roster of toons to make the people motivated. Now the same problem is spreading with the vets, every time new characters and hard node farms wasting like 24 attempts to have 1 shard and then wait for 24 hours to try again and I'm talking about someone that can make 24 attempts, most part of the people cannot.

We have a lot of online games trying to keep the people motivated, with double XP, double drop, more in-game tips to improve the player's capabilities. But CG doesn't look like concerned about having new players and keep the old ones. I have some persons in my allies that stated to play and now have like 45 days without open the game and these guys will never go back and give to the game another chance because of this game is so BORING at the start that MY GOSH, it cannot keep the people motivated if you don't have someone pushing you. Also, there's a lack of information in this game that's so annoying that you cannot even understand you have events and journeys and what should you look for to have them.

Also, what about these freaking gear system? Some equipment you have thousands and for other ones you have none? For GOD SAKE, sometimes you need like 5 blue pieces of equipment and it takes like 120 energy and sometimes you cannot even have 5! It's insane.

What I know is, there's a lot of communities on Facebook, Discord selling accounts because no one can see any benefit starting a new account and how much they sell these accounts? Like U$100,00 with a bunch of G12 chars, zetas, ships, and all this stuff. But maybe it's the way CG think it should work.

Cheers.

• Stick
    647 posts Member
    Why farm characters faster when the real pain is gearing them?

Actually people are very stupid when it comes to low gear high star squads. I have a Rebels D squad for GA:
    Admiral Ackbar G8
    Biggs G8
    Princess Leia G7
    R2 G8
    Old Ben G9

That whole team can be beat by a wampa geared up past g 9. That’s a dramatic example. But what the other guy said is right, gear and specifically stun gun/ carbs is the real problem. G11 bossk at 5 star worth more than a 7 star gear 7 bossk
    Whatever the solution, I hope one is implemented soon, otherwise I don't see the game lasting much longer.

LOL, the drop rates have always been bad in this game....and here we are more than 3 years later.
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Its a confirmed 33% drop rate. Its like flipping a coin dude. Its always 50% to get heads on each individual flip but sometimes you can get heads on 10 flips in a row. Small probability but still possible. And the chances are always the same. Its just like the shard rate is always 33% but some streaks are good and others are bad. Its just math and statistics.
  • Shards drops have always been fine for me. I'm having trouble with the new gear pieces. Seems like the drop rate is extremely low. Has anyone logged their drop rate for the new gear pieces so far?
  • Stick wrote: »
    Why farm characters faster when the real pain is gearing them?

Admiral Ackbar G8
    Biggs G8
    Princess Leia G7
    R2 G8
    Old Ben G9

That whole team can be beat by a wampa geared up past g 9. That’s a dramatic example. But what the other guy said is right, gear and specifically stun gun/ carbs is the real problem. G11 bossk at 5 star worth more than a 7 star gear 7 bossk

Agreed
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Yet another "drop rates for X is Y" thread. It never ever changed. If it did there are numerous people that tracks droprates instead of baseless assumptions without a single sample.

Are you the latest incarnation of "PeterBahama"?

Are you the latest incarnation of "PeterBahama"?
    Who the Hell is peterbahama
  • Meh, I haven't had bad luck. I get a few each day, par for the course.🎵
  • It's all random!! I do mine 2 @ a time. And sometimes I get nothing sometimes I get it everytime, sometimes both several times in a row.... I've been playing over 3 years now and if anyone has reason to complain its the older players who actually had to grind it out wasting months or even up to a year on what we thought would give us an actual advantage, only for them to just give everything away for a price. Every **** has the same toons the same gear pieces, same mods ....
  • Hi Peter! We know it’s you ;)
  • Drop rate TOTALLY drops before an event. It's statistically been proven. They'll never admit it, but numbers don't lie. They just think we're all too dumb to notice.

Instead of drop rates though, people should be complaining about lack of variety. Rock / paper /scissors. Look in arena ... EVERYTHING IS THE SAME. ZERO variety. Ok, now that DR is out, there will be 2 of the same teams. HUNDREDS of toons in the game, 20-30 useful. ****???
  • RussianSKS wrote: »
    Drop rate TOTALLY drops before an event. It's statistically been proven. They'll never admit it, but numbers don't lie. They just think we're all too dumb to notice.

Care to share the statistics that prove this? I've not seen them.

• Drop rates are the same across the board. I'm getting showered in Carth shards. Personally for me, Canderous was the most brutal slog-grind ever. Took me months even with refreshes, but there were other characters in the past that I breezed through. Hounds Tooth was really easy, while Jango is slower.

How can you be getting showered? You only get 8 attempts then need a refresh and more energy, at least with canderous there is no refreshing and he’s cheaper.

• RussianSKS wrote: »
    Drop rate TOTALLY drops before an event. It's statistically been proven. They'll never admit it, but numbers don't lie. They just think we're all too dumb to notice.

Instead of drop rates though, people should be complaining about lack of variety. Rock / paper /scissors. Look in arena ... EVERYTHING IS THE SAME. ZERO variety. Ok, now that DR is out, there will be 2 of the same teams. HUNDREDS of toons in the game, 20-30 useful. ****???

I always thought my drop rate increased, second time around though. When I left T3 to last I managed to get drop rates of 10, 18, 12 and then finally 4 to get to 7 stars, prior to that I was getting 6-8 drops per day
  • Smidday wrote: »

Drop rates are the same across the board. I'm getting showered in Carth shards. Personally for me, Canderous was the most brutal slog-grind ever. Took me months even with refreshes, but there were other characters in the past that I breezed through. Hounds Tooth was really easy, while Jango is slower.

How can you be getting showered? You only get 8 attempts then need a refresh and more energy, at least with canderous there is no refreshing and he’s cheaper.

I just happen to be very lucky with carth drops. I typically get 4 or 5 a day and I dont refresh it. So its averaging around 50%. Which I consider to be getting showered in shards.
    Canderous I often found myself getting only 1 or 2 a day, with 1 refresh.
    It's just the luck of the draw. I still land at about 33%.
  • ClubberLangIII
    372 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I absolutely love the idea that there are real life human beings out there who catalog their shard/gear drop rates like an 18th century bookkeeper would do.

When people are asked what items they would grab first if their house was on fire, most people say they would grab the kids and their photo albums. But then there is this positively delightful group who would rush into a burning building to retrieve their gear drop rate logs.

P.S.
    There are no digital log records of any kind in my imagination. Only stacks of yellowing paper and quill pens spilling out of ink jars. My image on this is fixed and cannot be changed. Also, in my version of events, people log their drop rates in a candle lit room and mumble incoherently to themselves.
  • Lets talk about the days when hard nodes were able to be hit 3 times per day with that apparent 33% drop rate and refreshers cost a hell of a lot more back then too.

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing. My drop rates are all over the show. I’ve been farming joolieeee for 2/3 months and only on 65/85 shards. I’ve farmed Jango for a month and already at 35/85. My Nihulus was the same and i was farming Visas at the same time, she was dropping quicker than him.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Peter Peter Peter
  • leef wrote: »
    Sup peter?

I still remember the days of BountyHR07.