Credit Heist silent nerf - Now showing up every 12 - TWENTY days ONLY!

Prev13456
jayjonbeach
697 posts Member
edited March 2019
https://swgohevents.com/event/credit-heist

So at the start of this year, they decided, silently (afaik not announced), to dramatically lower the frequency to Credit Heists,not cool that $$ is SO needed!

Just look at the pattern. Before the start of the year every 5 - 12 days consistently, since Jan 1, every 12 - 15 days consistently and now this is the longest delay yet, it will be an 18 day gap when we finally get it on Mar 30. In fact, this might be the first time that a credit heist was skipped, we had training droid smuggling 12 days ago and always we have credit heist follow it before another droid event, not this time, we have another training droid event coming before the next credit heist so essentially they skipped one credit heist completely wow.

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Possible reasons why

-minor increase to profits at expense of good will

-level cap increase coming soon (you have to wait for the customary WE ARE NOT raising the level cap any time soon post) then you know it's coming JUST LIKE LAST TIME

- for whatever reason the server close is near and it's milk for everything you can time

- they feel there are too many credits in the game AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH oh that's a big lol right there

2nd is the best we can hope for i guess as for reasons why
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Cue the one guy who always chimes in here with "I dunno wut ur talkin bout lol I always have a million bazillion credits"
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I dont know what you guys are talking about.....I have a bazillion credits stashed....
  • I know it has seemed like a very long time to me as well.
  • Credit heists? What are those. Can’t remember ever having one of those it’s been so long. At least they would never do this to the defense of dathomir event that gives out Zetas.
  • Credit Heist? That event that gives you 1.5-2m x 2?

You make that much from GW in a week. You'll make more from GW in between credit heists than you will from the heists.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They did announce that it would no longer follow the 6-12 day schedule. In that post I believe they said they would have it follow a "need based" schedule linked to character/event release. We have not had as many characters released as of late, so less heists does make sense from that perspective.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/143194/credit-heist-and-droid-smuggling-update
  • Kyno wrote: »
    They did announce that it would no longer follow the 6-12 day schedule. In that post I believe they said they would have it follow a "need based" schedule linked to character/event release. We have not had as many characters released as of late, so less heists does make sense from that perspective.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/143194/credit-heist-and-droid-smuggling-update

I mean, that was 11/2017...a heads up that they were looking at a change for 1/2019, a full year plus after that first announcement, would have been helpful so we could plan accordingly. Just another mark on the board for poor communication...

I mean, that was 11/2017...a heads up that they were looking at a change for 1/2019, a full year plus after that first announcement, would have been helpful so we could plan accordingly. Just another mark on the board for poor communication...

But is it poor communication? I think it's quite the opposite. They declared it over a year ago...

But is it poor communication? I think it's quite the opposite. They declared it over a year ago...

“Hey guys, we might change something down the line”

1 year 2 months of status quo

DoakesSurprise.gif
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Kyno wrote: »

They announced a plan, and followed that plan, they are not deviating from the current plan as stated. Not sure why they would have to update that they are following the plan they stated.
    Post edited by Kyno on

They announced a plan, and followed that plan, they are not debating from the current plan as stated. Not sure why they would have to update that they are following the plan they stated.

Because after 14 months of gathered evidence it appeared that there was still a pattern that they’d adhere to, albeit different than pre-11/2017, and then the post-01/2019 there was a dramatic shift.

Does it still fit with what they announced in 11/2017? Sure. Is it good community management to make such a dramatic shift without at least reminding the community of or restating the policy (especially since some people likely weren’t even here in 11/2017)? Absolutely not.

So, sure, they’re adhering to what they said. That doesn’t make it good practice or good communication. I feel like that should be called out when we see it. Over-communicating is almost always better in situations like this. They have someone whose *sole job* is communicating with the community. I’m challenging them to try to do better.
  • Everyone forgets the game is ran by EA a company well known for pushing for microtransactions. I don’t need to say much more do i?

They announced a plan, and followed that plan, they are not debating from the current plan as stated. Not sure why they would have to update that they are following the plan they stated.

Wow, really? It's called communication. Don't we have a community manager for that stuff? Why don't they let him keep us informed? You're citing as evidence a post that said they would change the pace, but they didn't drastically change the pace for another 12 months. You'd think they could have said hey remember when we said we'd do this? We're doing it now.

If they actually changed the pace to be so drastically bad back then, then additional communication wouldn't have been necessary. 12 months then doing it requires a courtesy followup.
  • Hehe, I swear Kyno must he the head of a PR firm or something, because your good man, your good
  • Atleast they're sticking to the cadence of not telling us **** 😁
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    It's pretty simple, the game was being oversaturated with credits. They kept piling up and people were hoarding so they were as useless as training droids. The game gives a decent amount of credits as is, you just won't be able to build a 100+ million stockpiles as easy without hurting your progression.

Maybe for mid to end game players, this hamstrings any new or newer players. Good that they havent released many nee chatacters, but there are still 100s of them.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    It's pretty simple, the game was being oversaturated with credits. They kept piling up and people were hoarding so they were as useless as training droids. The game gives a decent amount of credits as is, you just won't be able to build a 100+ million stockpiles as easy without hurting your progression.

source
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Meanwhile I am like "Seriously, another only one day Dathomir event? Sorry for the people who actually need MT shards, you only get 10 instead of 20 now, blame the people that wanted the Ewok version to be 2 days as well"
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »

source

Seconded. Because I’m definitely hurting right now, and have never been “saturated”.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »

Maybe for mid to end game players, this hamstrings any new or newer players. Good that they havent released many nee chatacters, but there are still 100s of them.

This x 100. I am sure people with 2.5 - 3 million GP are in MUCH less need of credits, vs those < 2.5mil GP.

• Gorem wrote: »
    Meanwhile I am like "Seriously, another only one day Dathomir event? Sorry for the people who actually need MT shards, you only get 10 instead of 20 now, blame the people that wanted the Ewok version to be 2 days as well"

Yes p*ssed about this as well, I had a break from the game and am now penalized, others had nice 20 shard pulls per month and we are stuck with a lousy 10 now and will take forever to catch those who had the good wave

• I have to agree there needs to be better communication i do remember when they said they would change the cadence of the Credit heist but it still followed a pattern for a whole year. How hard is it to actually say in 2019 hey we might only do credit heist when we have important Events from now on. One post that might take 5 mins to put up. But nope nothing just a drastic shift and god forbid if your a new play good luck leveling and starring up you toons. Right now it cost over 6 mil credits to fully take a toon from 1 to 85 then if you want to go to 5 to 6 to 6 to 6 stars its another 1.5 mil credits that means over a month of GW earned credits to fully max out ONE toon. If you needed to do a whole team that is meta so you can compete 6 months basically for One Team is terrible. IMO.
  • honestly ... if you're living your game life credit heist to credit heist, you're totally playing wrong! It's SOOOOOOO easy to save credits.

my biggest gripe ARE the crap events that give nothing but crap mods. POINTLESS / WASTE OF TIME!
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    RussianSKS wrote: »
    honestly ... if you're living your game life credit heist to credit heist, you're totally playing wrong! It's SOOOOOOO easy to save credits.

my biggest gripe ARE the crap events that give nothing but crap mods. POINTLESS / WASTE OF TIME!

This....

Also why are 4dot mods in the mod store
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    DuneFlint wrote: »

Wow, really? It's called communication. Don't we have a community manager for that stuff? Why don't they let him keep us informed? You're citing as evidence a post that said they would change the pace, but they didn't drastically change the pace for another 12 months. You'd think they could have said hey remember when we said we'd do this? We're doing it now.

If they actually changed the pace to be so drastically bad back then, then additional communication wouldn't have been necessary. 12 months then doing it requires a courtesy followup.

They did communicate. Nothing has changed from what they have communicated.

they didn't change anything, they stated the rate would be linked to the release rate, during that time we had a crazy release rate. we have seen a lower release rate, and a more spread out timing for the heist. seems to be doing exactly what they said.
This discussion has been closed.