Kylo ren is worth it in this meta

I'm one of the few people not using GS QGJ or yoda, I'm always top 3 and have been #1 the last 3 days, I mix my team up but I still always use Rey Dooku Poe and 86 with ren sometimes lumi sometimes Sid.With that said Kylo ren can eat any assist attacker with double crits in the game, he's a sweeper for teams that run tanks like RG when you get there Rey In red and need one more attack to kill her, he counter attacks which adds up to huge damage with assist teams and if he does get abused early with an assit and crit he can one shot any glass cannon on the opposing by that point with his own crit outrage attack, I'm a fan of 1 tank 3 glass cannons and a sweeper right now, I'm constantly battling yoda Rey QGJ RG GS teams and always smoke them unless I get bad rng, he adds nice depth to any team!

Replies

• Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    Agree 100%. And he's sexy.

He's on my arena team (and usually on my GW team) and just got his 7th star today!wweote.jpg
  • Options
    Deadly!! Nothing feels better then 7* staring awsome toons!
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    He's one I'd love to have but cantina nodes for right now are mace and barris until 7 stars then I'll finish my dooku....so a while yet.
  • Options
    With Phasma, Poe, Sid and Poogle he is a beast. Poe makes sure Phasma can Advantage, Poe takes 20% of a few chars. In combination with Anakin or Lando or Yoda (AoE) he could be really annoying.

That said, he's my least used 7* in entire rooster, but he only viable with max abilities.
  • Options
    His basic hits like a girl (and not one like Rey), he has no utility and he has bad AI. Yes, he's tanky. But when it's 4 or 5 vs 1, he's not going to be much help.
  • Options
    Amalthea wrote: »
    His basic hits like a girl (and not one like Rey), he has no utility and he has bad AI. Yes, he's tanky. But when it's 4 or 5 vs 1, he's not going to be much help.
    Nobody is at that point but he's the most viable target for yoda QGJ assist attack to keep the rest of your glass cannons alive then when he's up you can sweep through a taunt or dust someone
  • Options
    Yeah he's solid.

When I fight him I tend to wait until later in the fight where I can focus on him all at once; don't let him get off his special below 50% health. =\
    In the meantime thay means he'll have time to Heal-Immune your team, dish out decent damage, and counter your AoEs.

Also, he has decent health.

Solid. But I wouldn't use him; I'm hooked on ventress and the night sisters.
  • Options
    Yeah he's solid.

When I fight him I tend to wait until later in the fight where I can focus on him all at once; don't let him get off his special below 50% health. =\
    In the meantime thay means he'll have time to Heal-Immune your team, dish out decent damage, and counter your AoEs.

My wife uses ventress and she is deadly!! Minus her speed!!! If she had 120 speed she would be amazing!!
  • Options
    I like to use him with Phasma Poggle and Sid in GW. But for regular arena he's slow and when I fight him I usually ignore him as his attacks don't do much unless he's buffed or criticals or is below 50% health then he can critical with outrage for like 14k but if you pay attention that won't happen. His counter attack wears off pretty quick as well. AI is terrible so he can be okay on offense AI can't fight him at all and walks into counters and outragebut he's pretty easy on opposing teams, I never worry about him and if he gets stunned by time he gets out of it a lot of time fight is over.
  • Options
    I like to use him with Phasma Poggle and Sid in GW. But for regular arena he's slow and when I fight him I usually ignore him as his attacks don't do much unless he's buffed or criticals or is below 50% health then he can critical with outrage for like 14k but if you pay attention that won't happen. His counter attack wears off pretty quick as well. AI is terrible so he can be okay on offense AI can't fight him at all and walks into counters and outragebut he's pretty easy on opposing teams, I never worry about him and if he gets stunned by time he gets out of it a lot of time fight is over.

I agree but as a #1 daily I can tell you all almost any team full gear and ability can win against any other but on offence he's perfect for soaking up attacks and sweeping with the ability to one shot
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options
    In user hands yes. In ai hands no.

Any good team can beat a Meta team being used by the ai. That's the biggest issue with arena. Hard to build any kind of def. Heck I almost always just ab in arenas and win.

I don't care for ren personally, not saying he is bad because he isn't, he just doesn't fit my team. I run all glass cannons. While everyone has no issues of beating my team, I have no issues of beating thiers, and that's the issue with arena
  • Options
    Breetai wrote: »

Any good team can beat a Meta team being used by the ai. That's the biggest issue with arena. Hard to build any kind of def. Heck I almost always just ab in arenas and win.

I don't care for ren personally, not saying he is bad because he isn't, he just doesn't fit my team. I run all glass cannons. While everyone has no issues of beating my team, I have no issues of beating thiers, and that's the issue with arena

That's EAs biggest joke in order to win you can't defend :)
  • Options
    Yeah he's solid.

My wife uses ventress and she is deadly!! Minus her speed!!! If she had 120 speed she would be amazing!!

Your wife is awesome and knows what's up. =P
  • Options
    Finally Unlocked his node in cantina last week, got to 45 shards and then pulled him from a chromium 8 pack that I had been saving up for :smile: Still cannot believe my luck!
    Inglorious Blasters I Guild Leader I 'We drink a lot of tea.'
  • Options

I think the only team AI would use properly would be a pure DPS team.

I gave up on defense, since I'm dedicated to ventress. And well, we all know AI will waste her AoE and her other special.. Meaning she becomes utterly useless. =\
  • Options

It is the business model. Your team can slaughter but not hold rank, you drop, you fight back up. You spend crystals to refresh to lock, to get more fights. crystals are $ for them. This is why it is how it is.
  • Options

It is the business model. Your team can slaughter but not hold rank, you drop, you fight back up. You spend crystals to refresh to lock, to get more fights. crystals are $ for them. This is why it is how it is.
    Totally dude
  • Options
    He is just one of the many characters that are good on attacking but terrible on defense. I actually seek teams with him out the AI plays him so poorly.