DR bug or am I missing something?

Prev1
Carcass_101
51 posts Member
edited March 2019
I'm using Darth revan lead with thrawn in my team, and everything time I use tgrawns TM swap ability on Darth revan, revan doesn't gain any TM.

Revans leader ability prevents turn meter reduction while debuffed, but this should be turn meter gain. Is there another mechanic I'm not thinking of?

Edit: it looks like thrawn also does not restore protection to Darth revan either, but the ability seems to work normally on fallen bastila

Replies

• Options
    I've found this as well. I haven't picked DRs kit apart to find out why it is, quite annoying though. I've started swapping with FBS to get the CBM on the field
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    CMB can't be cleansed, debuffed allies can't gain tm.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Where does it say they can’t gain tm?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Where does it say they can’t gain tm?

uuh, nowhere, i got confused.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I think this is a genuine bug. @CG_SBCrumb @Kyno has there been any comment on this already which I've missed?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If he has fear on him and you TM swap. He will miss that turn and then fear will disappear. Fear can't be dispelled so thrawns skill does nothing but clear other debuffs and give him 100%TM, which would then reset to 0.

The protection gain, might be a bug, not seeing anywhere why he shouldnt gain that.

• Options
    And if he doesn't have fear and it still happens?
  • Options
    I've seen it mentioned in another post, but not answered. I've tried swapping TM with DR several times with no debuffs on him except ferocity and he doesn't gain TM, how is this possible???
  • Options
    Why repost? Either log the bug or keep it to the other post.
  • Options
    WhY nOt?
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I would guess that TM swaps use some of the same code as TM drains, and it causes his leadership zeta to make him "immune" to them when he is debuffed.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I would guess that TM swaps use some of the same code as TM drains, and it causes his leadership zeta to make him "immune" to them when he is debuffed.

Makes sense, thanks for the input
  • Options

Interesting stuff.
  • Options
    I can confirm that TM swap *does* work without the leadership zeta. So it probably is related to that.
  • Options
    WhY nOt?

Because it’s just going to get merged or closed anyways 😂
  • Options
    Read HK Unique.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Steapa95 wrote: »
    Read HK Unique.

When does Darth Revan ever get Protection Up? That's a buff, and not the same as the protection recovery from Thrawn's TM swap, which is "true" protection.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I can confirm that TM swap *does* work without the leadership zeta. So it probably is related to that.

I can confirm it does work with a zeta on his leader.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I also confirm this as I run thrawn in my DR team
  • Options
    WhY nOt?

did it though?
  • Options

Well it doesn't work..otherwise there wouldn't be a issue
  • Options
    WhY nOt?

did it though?

Yes. It got merged into the thread you referenced.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

There are other reasons why this would happen and I know you stated there was no fear in your case, sometimes mistakes happen and players dont realize the little details.

It's not as simple as a blanket statement, which is why we are here to try and get some information together. Testing and looking at the scenario is what can help us understand this, not everyone is experiencing the same thing.
  • Options

Would you care to post a video of it not working or do you just want to continue trolling?
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    What I have found is that most often when I tried to tm swap with Evan, it was going to HK instead. As a result I stopped trying to tm swap with Evan, and just went to BSF every time.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    What I have found is that most often when I tried to tm swap with Evan, it was going to HK instead. As a result I stopped trying to tm swap with Evan, and just went to BSF every time.

You know what, I actually had that happen twice while I was trying to record this. In fact, one of the times I thought I captured the bug but when I went back to watch the vid I noticed I got HK by accident. I wonder if there’s something funky with HK’s hit box that’s causing this.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

You know what, I actually had that happen twice while I was trying to record this. In fact, one of the times I thought I captured the bug but when I went back to watch the vid I noticed I got HK by accident. I wonder if there’s something funky with HK’s hit box that’s causing this.

That's my assumption. Was just talking about this on one of the Discord servers the other day, and several others noticed the same thing.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    That could be an issue with the character sizes and arrangements then. I've noticed several times when I use an ability that targets another character or ship, it can sometimes consistently pick the same wrong unit for the effect. Ghost is notorious for blocking the correct ship.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options

The TMR immunity looks for effects with the "delay" tag, which Thrawn's swap doesn't have. It is interesting that the swap does remove the target's tm before giving them 100%, but without the delay tag, I'm not sure that would be affected.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

The TMR immunity looks for effects with the "delay" tag, which Thrawn's swap doesn't have. It is interesting that the swap does remove the target's tm before giving them 100%, but without the delay tag, I'm not sure that would be affected.

Yeah, I haven't actually looked under the hood, it just seemed like the most likely culprit off the top of my head.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png