GA match-making even worse since last update!

jayjonbeach
697 posts Member
edited March 2019
So the last 3 GA events I was in, my GP was VERY tightly matched to opponents. It is a VERY lazy and flawed way to do match-making, but at least it was something

It appears they have now changed something because the GP is all over the place in my new GA bracket. We have guys up near 1.5 million, some around 1.3 to 1.4, and then me at 1.25. WTH?

I mean ALL 8 people before would be within like 10-15K of each other (really it was within 1-2k), now spreads of 250k? @CG_SBCrumb

Replies

• This GA is squad-only and it is matched on squad GP not total GP.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    This GA is squad-only and it is matched on squad GP not total GP.

Thanks for the reply. I guess that is the change then, and for the better, I think/hope. I guess this means that all people in my grouping have much better ships than me accounting for the difference in GP
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    You're welcome. I daresy you wont be the last to spot that and be confused.

How do their squad rosters compare to yours? Obviously there will be variances in how well different players build their rosters but are they in the right ballpark at least?
  • Icuii
    16 posts Member
    I have a guy 40k over me with next to no gear 7-9s. Almost all gear 10+.

Maybe I just got an unlucky first round pick as others seem mostly okay. I have many chars around gear 8-9 with a few 10-11s, and about the same number of 12s as 10-11s.

I'm 1.57m hes 1.61m. Guess I just need to use my bigger roster to an advantage as I have more counters albeit lower geared.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    You're welcome. I daresy you wont be the last to spot that and be confused.

How do their squad rosters compare to yours? Obviously there will be variances in how well different players build their rosters but are they in the right ballpark at least?

Well from the quick glance I had I noticed their rosters are deeper than before, presumably because the ship GP was inflating their GP. So all told this one will be a tougher go for me.... (except for that one time when I faced off against a Revan team on D that was a joke for someone in my GP bracket)