"Grand Arena" gets Worse

Prev1
Wow!!! I thougt last time was bad, Boy was i in for a suprise. Not only am i Horriably miss matched by 2.1 mil gp !!!!!! At 20,000 a good toon thats 10 of them all with a zeta(the 100kgp =10 zetas/omega/mods). So now hes got a 10 man lead on me to begin with and I now I have to fill more squads now on top of that!!! This new system of match makeing is not working at all.

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Compare character GP, not total. This GA is squad-only.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    As above. You can be matched with someone has a heap more gp overall but the toon gp will be balanced. Use one of the bots going around that can compare you and your opponent and you'll see.
  • Miss matched by 2.1 million GP. I call b***. Impossible
  • Daytripahz wrote: »
    Wow!!! I thougt last time was bad, Boy was i in for a suprise. Not only am i Horriably miss matched by 2.1 mil gp !!!!!! At 20,000 a good toon thats 10 of them all with a zeta(the 100kgp =10 zetas/omega/mods). So now hes got a 10 man lead on me to begin with and I now I have to fill more squads now on top of that!!! This new system of match makeing is not working at all.

To be competitive in GA you’ll want to focus on bringing one team to G11 or 12 . Unlock Revan & Traya ASAP. Basically you throw in the old meta teams and you’ll start winning 1-2 matches. Nightsisters, CLS, First order, Bounty Hunters, complete one team at a time and they’ll help you place high in the raids.
  • As he said if you want to win at GA...the only way you can have more zatas..have more Meta toons that can not be countered...and have the most G12 toons....no strategy....just better every thing else. But every Zata you put on...makes you climb that much higher and will always match you with a.chosen one who has more....good luck!
  • Another silly post like this. You’ll be 2.1 mill gp too. Difference is, you inflated your account and not focused and developed your teams to their maxed potential.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    As he said if you want to win at GA...the only way you can have more zatas..have more Meta toons that can not be countered...and have the most G12 toons....no strategy....just better every thing else. But every Zata you put on...makes you climb that much higher and will always match you with a.chosen one who has more....good luck!
    * if GA is your main source of zeta materials, you need to work on your fleet
    * g12 toons are not magically invincible
    * mods can be a great equalizer and if you are not focusing on them, you should be
  • Saada wrote: »
    As above. You can be matched with someone has a heap more gp overall but the toon gp will be balanced. Use one of the bots going around that can compare you and your opponent and you'll see.

All you have to do is look at the Stats tab of your opponent's profile.

3u9nt4mfimrv.jpg

• I have a guild mate who is facing someone with three times as many G12 characters, and twice as many zetas. I've looked at his roster and it's very trim. He has very few characters geared/starred/leveled that aren't needed for a legendary character. And he has most of those legendary charachters, including (but not limited to) JKR, CLS, and Chewy. While I can't see his opponents roster, I have no reason to doubt my guild mate.

I agree that GP isn't the best test. And I agree that it's going to be hard for CG to create a perfect system. But I feel bad for my guild mate because I don't think he stands much of a chance. I think he has a mismatch, and I think the current system is certainly capable of mismatching.
  • just got a reminder to set my D. why bother? my opponent has the falcon. has Darth revan. I mean... cmon! why validate a broken game play I have no chance of winning
  • Holtom2000 wrote: »
    just got a reminder to set my D. why bother? my opponent has the falcon. has Darth revan. I mean... cmon! why validate a broken game play I have no chance of winning

But there are no ships in this GA, so surely you're not worried about the Falcon?
  • MrMars wrote: »
    I have a guild mate who is facing someone with three times as many G12 characters, and twice as many zetas. I've looked at his roster and it's very trim. He has very few characters geared/starred/leveled that aren't needed for a legendary character. And he has most of those legendary charachters, including (but not limited to) JKR, CLS, and Chewy. While I can't see his opponents roster, I have no reason to doubt my guild mate.

I agree that GP isn't the best test. And I agree that it's going to be hard for CG to create a perfect system. But I feel bad for my guild mate because I don't think he stands much of a chance. I think he has a mismatch, and I think the current system is certainly capable of mismatching.

Lmao... i have a friend of a cousin who swears he saw aliens... so they must exist. Give me a break. GP is a very fair way to reward players who built intelligently and did not level up cup, or jawas, etc... i love ga, its my favorite part of the game, now its MUCH fairer by NOT including fleet. Whiners are abundant when they lose to superior players, even if those players have nearly the exact same resources as you do. Do you also suppoet socislism, everyone should be punished because your roster, or abilities, are less? Pitiful, entitled, weak garbage.

Wow, you really think those are the same thing, don't you. And you made this political somehow.

Don't worry, I won't take anything you say seriously, now.

Just remember, whining about whiners makes you a whiner.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I have a guild mate who is facing someone with three times as many G12 characters, and twice as many zetas.

[...]

I agree that GP isn't the best test.

GP is the only measure we have for how far the roster has progressed. Number of g12 characters, zetas and what not only measures how the roster has been developed - not how far it progressed.

GP is the best matching measure currently.
  • Holtom2000 wrote: »
    just got a reminder to set my D. why bother? my opponent has the falcon. has Darth revan. I mean... cmon! why validate a broken game play I have no chance of winning

Wow... quit much?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Holtom2000 wrote: »

you kinda validated the game mode by joining. I do however understand that you won't bother with this round because you're severely outmatched. The game will set a def for you, but it will chose your highest GP toons so your chances of scoring some credits will probably be low.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    I completely outmatch my current opponent, so I got a little cocky and set light defenses. Both Revans on D, but the other teams I have out there are pretty easily beaten.

He, on the other hand, put six really strong teams on his front lines - all teams I can typically beat, but he also has ALL of them modded very well - I don't think I saw a single character with under 90 speed. I got absolutely trounced by his Bastila team, a setup I usually steamroll.

So I might actually lose this one if he manages to break through either of my front lines, despite the fact that I have way more G12s, more zetas, and both Revans when he has neither. I basically have to hope that my janky Darth Revan can hold up to whatever he has left for offense (which can't be much given his D, but still).

Short version: If you actually TRY instead of just giving up and declaring GA bad the second you hit a challenge, you might win.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Let's knock it off with the low key bait please, things like "get gud" and the like aren't adding anything to the conversation and is only just going to start arguments. I've removed posts in here to get this back on topic. Let's keep it that way
  • The set up is odd. Based on character gp finally, but brackets (number of teams to defend) are determined by total gp 🙄
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    leef wrote: »

you kinda validated the game mode by joining. I do however understand that you won't bother with this round because you're severely outmatched. The game will set a def for you, but it will chose your highest GP toons so your chances of scoring some credits will probably be low.

they can enjoy my ... gimmie a second...gotta see what my lowest 3 GP are...ok CUP,range,lobot
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

they can enjoy my ... gimmie a second...gotta see what my lowest 3 GP are...ok CUP,range,lobot

This seems pretty childish.

The metric CG is most likely using to determine how successful GA is is number of participants. By joining you contribute to CG viewing GA as a success.

By setting one week defense you punish folks that have no control over GA matchmaking. It's kind of like beating up the guy next to you at a sporting event because your team is losing. He can't make the team you're watching any better just like your GA opponents can't fix the matchmaking.

In both cases you send a stronger and clearer message to the right audience by simply not showing up.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

i couldn't care less about that tbh. It just requires more effort on your part and i'll just take the easy win.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

i couldn't care less about that tbh. It just requires more effort on your part and i'll just take the easy win.

planktonYESSSSSSSSSSS.JPG
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

The metric CG is most likely using to determine how successful GA is is number of participants. By joining you contribute to CG viewing GA as a success.

By setting one week defense you punish folks that have no control over GA matchmaking. It's kind of like beating up the guy next to you at a sporting event because your team is losing. He can't make the team you're watching any better just like your GA opponents can't fix the matchmaking.

In both cases you send a stronger and clearer message to the right audience by simply not showing up.

I don't care about the message.... if your gonna finish in last everytime your gonna finish in last....i'm still going to get my 8th place rewards

all your doing is encouraging the people coming in last is to make an already horrible power gap get even wider by me not getting my omega and 3 salvage..... I mean come on.... you realize over 32,987 GA's I would be missing out on a piece of gear....
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

I don't care about the message.... if your gonna finish in last everytime your gonna finish in last....i'm still going to get my 8th place rewards

all your doing is encouraging the people coming in last is to make an already horrible power gap get even wider by me not getting my omega and 3 salvage..... I mean come on.... you realize over 32,987 GA's I would be missing out on a piece of gear....

Like leef, this doesn't really bother me. I still think it's a childish approach that could be handled better. Like by not seeing any defense and letting it auto deploy.

You're clearly making an effort by setting a single team so it's more than just giving up.

If you're going to put some effort in you could at least make it meaningful and visible to CG (they're probably also tracking how many auto deploys occur).

Don't join: sends a message but losses out on rewards

Join and set one week team: sends no message, gets the rewards, (potentially) ruins the experience for your 3 opponents

Join and do nothing: sends a message, gets the rewards, leaves (almost) nothing for your opponent to be upset about

You seem to have selected the most negative of the options identified so far.
  • I've faced seemingly impossible odds in GA a few times and won nonetheless. Sometimes through no doing of my own when my opponent never attacked me. But I've also won a few times by putting my best squads on defense. My opponent did the same and had nothing left to take out my defense teams, whereas I had enough half-geared fluff to zerg down one of his teams in 5 or 6 battles. So just because your opponent has 3 times as many zetaed g12 characters doesn't mean you don't stand a chance. Always make an effort and the outcome might surprise you.
  • I never said I loose all the time. I took first in 5 of the first 6. Ive never placed last but keep getting 2nd because im always about 500k behind my opponet who always in first and wins.
  • I've faced seemingly impossible odds in GA a few times and won nonetheless. Sometimes through no doing of my own when my opponent never attacked me. But I've also won a few times by putting my best squads on defense. My opponent did the same and had nothing left to take out my defense teams, whereas I had enough half-geared fluff to zerg down one of his teams in 5 or 6 battles. So just because your opponent has 3 times as many zetaed g12 characters doesn't mean you don't stand a chance. Always make an effort and the outcome might surprise you.

Yep me too, it's all about getting your mods right and using the right counters. Was pretty sure i'd lose my last round (12 G12 v 37 G12, 15 zetas v 29 zetas) but managed to pull out a win.

Stats:
    Char GP :: 1.4M vs 1.4M
    Ship GP :: 983K vs 940K
    C Arena :: ​ ​ 65 vs 169
    S Arena :: ​ ​ 13 vs 79
    Zetas ​ ​ :: ​ ​ 15 vs 29
    6 Star ​ :: ​ ​ 11 vs 9
    7 Star ​ :: ​ 121 vs 105
    Gear 11 :: ​ ​ 19 vs 1
    Gear 12 :: ​ ​ 12 vs 37
    Mod Stats:
    6* ​ Mods :: 16 vs 16
    10+ ​ Spd :: 53 vs 42
    15+ ​ Spd :: 15 vs 5
    20+ ​ Spd :: ​ 0 vs 1
    100+ Off :: 12 vs 17
  • Any system which punishes players for simply activating toons (here's looking at you EP shuttle and Ebon Hawk) is a terrible system. Sadly, that is what I and many others currently do.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Welcome to Star Wars: Galaxy of un-activated Heroes Online...
    eenbz1fkjz3a.png
  • Any system which punishes players for simply activating toons (here's looking at you EP shuttle and Ebon Hawk) is a terrible system. Sadly, that is what I and many others currently do.

Yep. I took a 38k GP hit when I activated EP shuttle. I decided to stop the bleeding by not investing more into that ship since I currently have very little use for it. I now also have an inactivated 5* Ebon Hawk.

Last time I counted, there were 38 ships and 4 capital ships. So even if I had all good ships, I can only use 28 and the rest are just fluff GP.