"Grand Arena" gets Worse

2Next

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Yup, activating and upgrading ships gives you even more bloat, so...
    51j3za7xbjnu.png
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Welcome to Star Wars: Galaxy of un-activated Heroes Online...
    eenbz1fkjz3a.png

I can understand not activating characters like Sidious, Ugnaught, and Mob Enforcer, but why haven’t you unlocked GK, Nest, Nihilus, or BB8? Those are great characters to level up.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    eenbz1fkjz3a.png

I can understand not activating characters like Sidious, Ugnaught, and Mob Enforcer, but why haven’t you unlocked GK, Nest, Nihilus, or BB8? Those are great characters to level up.
    Resource constraints, both gear and ability mats.

I am already spreading myself too thin and I really need to continue bulking up the top end of my roster (g10+) for GA.

Every additional toon I activate and don't get up to at least g8 and abilities mostly done is GP bloat that works against me for matchmaking.

I actually did just activate and start powering up Nest, though I probably shouldn't have because I am still building up other toons and getting my Revan requirements together.

General Carbanti will have to wait a while longer, there is simply no way I can gear him right now.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    eenbz1fkjz3a.png

So, are you winning GA's?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    eenbz1fkjz3a.png

So, are you winning GA's?
    Four wins so far: 4-zone mixed, 2-zone mixed, 3v3 squad only and 5v5 squad only. The rest I finished either 2-1 or 1-2. Haven't gone 0-3 yet, despite being fleet heavy.

I don't object to managing my roster per se but having to do so to this extent in order to compete kinda sucks. At least with TW there was a 6k GP threshold below which I could do whatever I wanted without negatively impacting anything (though it was too low to be meaningful for ships).
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Unintended consequences are glorious
  • Right now the GAC matchmaking system punishes those who spend money and haven't been playing that long. That thrills f2p players, of course, but puts a bad taste in the mouths of folks that have spent a lot of money.
    I keep getting paired with people that have over 10 mods with 23+ speed and 15 more zetas than I do. I have spent hundreds of thousands of crystals farming mods and I only have 1 at 27spd and the next highest is 21spd, I believe. Bad RNG luck keeps me from competing. I still try, but it's really killing the fun when you know you're going to lose every GAC bracket because you will face an opponent who was farming mods when it was MUCH easier to land high speed secondaries. In almost every matchup I face 15 more Zetas because my GP gets me paired me with year one guys who already had zetas when I first began to play.
    There's got to be something CG can do. I know it can't be perfect, but so far the only GAs I took 1st in were because a good opponent forgot to set defense. Only 2 wins I think, with a GP over 4.7M.
  • Spending money alone does not guarantee you wins. You also need focus.
  • Marev
    28 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    In my experience, higher GP always nets you the win - if you both have an equally good strategy.

Case in point: My last match was against a guy who had Darth Revan, Revan, Padme etc. I took a break for 3 months, so I have none of these characters. However, I still won. Why? Because he kept these teams for his offense, which netted him 3 wins, then he died to my Nightsisters and CLS. On the other side, I was able to clear his entire defense which I wouldn‘t have been able to do if he set his teams on defense.

Point is: Going against a guy with a better roster is definitely tough, but not an auto-lose. GP is definitely important, but cannot fully compensate for bad strategy.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    What, you mean this isn’t a fair matchup? I only have:
    16 more zetas
    53 more g12
    57 more 6 dot mods
    240 more 10+ speed mods
    86 more 15+ speed mods
    26 more 20+ speed mods

Seems fair to me

vkvvc84vuctw.jpeg
  • Daytripahz wrote: »
    Wow!!! I thougt last time was bad, Boy was i in for a suprise. Not only am i Horriably miss matched by 2.1 mil gp !!!!!! At 20,000 a good toon thats 10 of them all with a zeta(the 100kgp =10 zetas/omega/mods). So now hes got a 10 man lead on me to begin with and I now I have to fill more squads now on top of that!!! This new system of match makeing is not working at all.

Isn't "@20000 a good toon that's 10 of them" equaling 200000 and not 2.1 million?
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Marev wrote: »
    In my experience, higher GP always nets you the win - if you both have an equally good strategy.

Case in point: My last match was against a guy who had Darth Revan, Revan, Padme etc. I took a break for 3 months, so I have none of these characters. However, I still won. Why? Because he kept these teams for his offense, which netted him 3 wins, then he died to my Nightsisters and CLS. On the other side, I was able to clear his entire defense which I wouldn‘t have been able to do if he set his teams on defense.

Point is: Going against a guy with a better roster is definitely tough, but not an auto-lose. GP is definitely important, but cannot fully compensate for bad strategy.

Your opponent must have some mental problems. He had to just set one revan squad upfront (as long as they're g12) and you would have been screwed. He must not have a great handle on how to play GA and this won't happen against dedicated players