A bit behind: who to chase first?

Hi, all -

I've always done what I wanted in this game and not worried about the consequences. It usually works out okay, like when I decided I wanted to beef up my NS and then they became meta, or when I decided Jedi were awesome and then THEY became meta. If you're looking for my next predictions, BTW, it's Sandpeople or Jawas making a comeback. ; ) Eventually.

In the meantime, I've decided it's finally time to go chase something I let slip by me. At 3.5 million GP, I'm not doing terrible but I've missed a bunch of fun characters for lack of trying. So where do I go from here? I could:

- Work on my terrible Ewoks so I can try and get C3P0 next time he comes around.
- Finish stupid Vet Chewie so I can finally get JTR when she comes back around.
- Get Mission and Zaalbar for when Jedi Knight Revan comes back around.
- Get every KOTOR character under the sun for when Darth Revan comes back around.

I understand that the Revans (Revaii?) are both meta-ish right now. But I'm not only going for meta. As always, I'm going for interesting. Things to consider for me include:

- Can I make good use of the characters I'm forced to farm in order to GET whatever character I choose?
- Can I build an interesting and good team around whatever character I choose?
And also,
- Will it take me FOREVER to farm what I need for the character I choose?

My current thought is to either get 3P0 (Ewoks are useful as a team, even without getting him) or JTR (I have the rest of a good Resistance team just waiting for her, although I hate the Vets). But I'm also open to Jedi Revan... I think Darth Revan is a long haul for me at the mo', since I have none of those characters ready except for HK, who used to lead my droids before his droid leadership became blah.

Looking forward, as always, to your good-natured and helpful advice (they say put out into the Universe what you want and you might get it, LOL),

Sam UX

Replies

• FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Farming for the Revans gets you all of the pieces to put together a Carth-led OR squad, which I have had as one of my 'to-do' projects for a long time. They put out some serious DoTs and look super fun.

I also personally love taking Ewoks on offence in TW/GA.

Apart from BB8, I don't really use any of the toons I farmed for JTR (Scav Rey has been replaced by C3PO) so they mostly sit around going unused.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    JTR is a great toon, and the ones needed (scav rey, bb8, finn) have uses either with her or elsewhere. Vets not so much.

C3PO - Ewoks are a long grind, because it's gear and shards. Though at least that team is useful in its entirety after you get Goldenrod. He's also rather plug and play.

Jedi Revan is definitely a powerhouse in pretty much every aspect of the game. Bastilla, Jolee are amazing Jedi. T3 goes with Carth into the Ebon Hawk. Zaalbar and Mission have their place in some Scoundrel teams.

Darth Revan - the new hotness. It's too early to say how he'll fare in raids, but he's a very strong PVP presence. Fallen Bast and HK are part of the team. Carth is a good OR lead and also part of the Ebon Hawk. Not seeing a lot of promise (yet) for Juhani or Ordo. Suspect they'll be similar to Mission and Zaalbar in that someone will find an inventive way to use them.

Ultimately, you could probably chase JTR (though depending on how far you have to go you may still miss her this time around) and Revan at the same time - Vets are hard node, Mission is Cantina, Zaalbar is hard node/fleet node.

Ewoks or DR are going to consume pretty much all your farming time until you're ready. They also carry the added penalty of needing much better than g8. Some say they need a zeta or two as well.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    JTR is a great toon, and the ones needed (scav rey, bb8, finn) have uses either with her or elsewhere. Vets not so much.

C3PO - Ewoks are a long grind, because it's gear and shards. Though at least that team is useful in its entirety after you get Goldenrod. He's also rather plug and play.

Jedi Revan is definitely a powerhouse in pretty much every aspect of the game. Bastilla, Jolee are amazing Jedi. T3 goes with Carth into the Ebon Hawk. Zaalbar and Mission have their place in some Scoundrel teams.

Darth Revan - the new hotness. It's too early to say how he'll fare in raids, but he's a very strong PVP presence. Fallen Bast and HK are part of the team. Carth is a good OR lead and also part of the Ebon Hawk. Not seeing a lot of promise (yet) for Juhani or Ordo. Suspect they'll be similar to Mission and Zaalbar in that someone will find an inventive way to use them.

Ultimately, you could probably chase JTR (though depending on how far you have to go you may still miss her this time around) and Revan at the same time - Vets are hard node, Mission is Cantina, Zaalbar is hard node/fleet node.

Ewoks or DR are going to consume pretty much all your farming time until you're ready. They also carry the added penalty of needing much better than g8. Some say they need a zeta or two as well.

Solid advise except vets are cantina farms
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    All the characters you farm for either Revan are useful in their own right. Lowest usefulness probably goes to T3-M4, but that's only because Droids in general aren't that great of a faction. He's crew for Ebon Hawk though, so still worth it for that at least. Everyone else is pretty dope, and Carth/Ordo/Zaalbar/Mission/Juhani is an absolutely bonkers team.

JTR and Jedi Revan are both coming up in April, so I'd probably just go for whichever you're closer on, or both if it's feasible. Neither needs their requisite characters higher than G9 to reliably complete.

And lastly, while Vet Han/Chewie certainly aren't "meta" and likely never will be, they're not nearly as bad as their reputation would suggest. The problem is that they aren't explicitly required for anything other than getting JTR, so everyone just gets them to g8 or whatever and leaves them there forever, then labels them crap because everyone is crap at g8. They can perform pretty well on a scoundrel squad if you gear and mod them like you would anyone else though.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Literally, there are so many good options you can't go wrong.

Personally, if it were me, Id finish Vet Chewie. Jedi Rey is great in all places and you just need 1 character to finish. After that, can't go wrong. Choose the one you like the best and go.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    @SamuraiUX go for ewoks and 3po as they make a wicked and bad 2nd row ga team/tw squad 4 ewoks and 3p0- I ran chirp wicket paploo elder and 3po last ga I had 9 defence wins and guild war it was on 11 if I remember correctly I’m 3.7mil gp