Kotor

Thinking of getting it for PC, anything I should know and advice?

Replies

• Options
    There is a version for Mobile platforms too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aspyr.swkotor&hl=en
  • Options
    1.) Play it on PC definitely, don't torture yourself with a minimized version.
    2.) Of all the (Force) abilities you can chose from, be sure to level up the light saber throwing. I won't say more but you will know when you'll need it! ;)
  • Options
    I had been updating my progress on a thread in the off topic section. There is a patch you should get for it, I was told that it helps. A lot.
  • Options
    I've just reinstalled it from the original disks. Getting it to run on anything more recent than Windows XP involves quite a lot of googling and setting changes.

I'm not sure if the gog/steam versions are any less complicated, but a quick search shows threads on both sides.

It's still worth playing though. Good luck!
  • Options
    I think my play through became smoother when I turned grass and shadow settings off in the video settings.
  • Options
    Ct214476 wrote: »
    Thinking of getting it for PC, anything I should know and advice?

Bring food, drink and don't go to work. The game is great
  • Options
    I have started to play it, I just finished trying to get into the lower levels of Taris.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I find Taris the most difficult and tedious part of the game. Partly because it's really easy to get killed in a random encounter (eg mutants) when I forgot to save recently, partly because Taris requires a lot od running back and forth to complete quests. After that, I found KOTOR a lot more enjoyable.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m