Another arena fight where 50% of my attacks were dodged....

Ok.... Maybe more like 40%. But still, that's insane....

No 'dodge' status, no dodge bonus leader, just constant dodging....

And they weren't higher lvl or better geared than me.

I dodged 1 attack in the whole fight, and it was my Lumi with her 'dodge' passive active.

Getting tired of this constant AI dodging....

Especially when their health is critical.
If they have an empty health bar (happens all the time...), then I can almost guarantee they will dodge the next attack (or next few attacks).

Its beyond annoying.
My biggest issue with this game; aside from being pitted against impossible teams in GW (though that changed when I reached lvl 60, and recently became an issue again, but not nearly as bad as when I was in the 50s)

Replies

• WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    For some reason Sid always dodges QGJ humbling blow
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    WildGrunt wrote: »
    For some reason Sid always dodges QGJ humbling blow

Avoid using specials on sidius!
  • Yeah dodging seems to be out of control the last week
  • Since is a bit out of control. At least in GW for me today it was just unbelievable...some enemy teams acted like all they stats were multiplied by 5. Enemy Phasma would invest 5 assists in first turn. All crits (5 Sid crits?).

Had to use B-team first even in the game to wear team down.
  • Sid has high dodge rate against jedis. 35% if i recall correctly.
  • I've learned to avoid using Jedi special attacks on sid (unless it can be a game changer move, I might take a chance. Pays off sometimes.).

He's not the problem. Everybody else is. =\
  • Today during my GW run i've noticed the same thing.. Evasion (not Sid, but the others) seems out of control, a lot of dodges by chars that don't even have this skill.. It seems weird
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Guys please stop whining... There is no conspiracy... Yes game is unfair on D, but it's that way for everyone... Nothing we can do. Everybody has to go through it on the bad day... Move on. Only way is to level up your toons... I get lvl 70 toons max gear starting 3rd fight sometimes and some fights it's like 15 dodges in a row... Frustrating but not as frustrating as 10 of 15 threads whining about how hard/unfair it is... I am guilty of it as well (can see my previous posts), tried but then just moved on... No sense in crying about it. Once you level your toons dodges, etc. won't matter...

Btw someone made a good point before... You are not suppose to finish GW every day... How else can you make it harder (can't jack up the levels as more will cry about that, so you dodge...)
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Guess yoda felt cheated too when they dodged his attacks in event today ;)
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • XCOM wrote: »
    Guys please stop whining... There is no conspiracy... Yes game is unfair on D, but it's that way for everyone... Nothing we can do. Everybody has to go through it on the bad day... Move on. Only way is to level up your toons... I get lvl 70 toons max gear starting 3rd fight sometimes and some fights it's like 15 dodges in a row... Frustrating but not as frustrating as 10 of 15 threads whining about how hard/unfair it is... I am guilty of it as well (can see my previous posts), tried but then just moved on... No sense in crying about it. Once you level your toons dodges, etc. won't matter...

Btw someone made a good point before... You are not suppose to finish GW every day... How else can you make it harder (can't jack up the levels as more will cry about that, so you dodge...)

Not sure how talking about dodge rates drastically increasing over the last week or so is "whining and crying".

I was simply agnologing what someone else stated, if you don't like people talking about it, dont read it.

Yes GW should get harder, but 7-8 dodges in a row is not my opinion of making it harder in a way that people will want to play.
  • We are noticing more dodges in all game modes, even Challenges. Dodge is always a tricky mechanic to implement into a game. Too little and its a useless stat. Too much and it takes out all the fun.
  • 73.874% of statistics are made up on the spot :)

But seriously, happens to all of us. Frustrating, but part of the game
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    100% things have been changed over the past week or 2.
    My assumption is they are trying to change things to help get away from the speed and dps meta.

I'm certain that dodge, stun, revive, counters have all gone drastically up. It's been obvious
  • Phipps wrote: »
    My assumption is they are trying to change things to help get away from the speed and dps meta.

I'm certain that dodge, stun, revive, counters have all gone drastically up. It's been obvious

+1
  • Phipps wrote: »

I feel like if they want to slow down the meta, reduce the speed on a few key characters.. But maybe that's too obvious heh.
  • 7-8 dodges in a row is not statically impossible. It's easy to notice when the AI has some good form but bet you don't count how many times you crit 8 times in a row or when your buff removal or application always lands and take down arena/gw teams without breaking a sweat.

If you are experiencing 7-8 dodges in a row in every fight then you have a problem and id urge you to get some video of it if thats happening. If its a one off - don't sweat it
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • I'm going to dodge answering this question. :)
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    BentWookie wrote: »
    I'm going to dodge answering this question. :)

Wow he didn't close this thread :p
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    boy2sok wrote: »
    Sid has high dodge rate against jedis. 35% if i recall correctly.

More. He has +35% vs jedis, but that's additional to his normal dodge
  • The only thing I can't stand about dodge it the fact that stunned toons can out dodge at times, that is annoying.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Phipps wrote: »

Do you know what is obvius? That sun moves around the Earth. I clearly see it raising every morning in the east, then set in the west at evening. It is so plainly, clearly obvious to my senses, to all of us, that humanity believed that for millenia. Even when they discovered it was the other way around, they believed the orbit was circular. It was not until we stopped believing what we see, and start believing the DATA that Tycho Brahe collected, that Kepler could find that the orbit is, in fact, elliptic.

The moral of this fable is: never trust what you think you see. Trust only data.