Any chance we may ever get an useable UI for tablets?

Hi,
I now know it was like this forever. But that may be the reason to ask again:
Why don't you finally make the UI of the game actually useable on tablets? Like why do I see effectively less on my tablet than on my phone because everything is just huge and blurry? Why don't I just see more of everything like I would expect it? Why is mod & character management not easier, but actually harder as there are less of them on the screen? Why is no one ever fixing this despite the fact you are making millions with this game every month? Are you not ashamed to present the game like this?! I'm just shocked. I bought a tablet at the beginning of the week and was looking forward to play the game on a bigger display... and then this:

x8pw1kzht2p9.png
q6l0pg0sfz3r.png
feq75qgzzkel.png

Really? :open_mouth::joy:

Replies

• crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    Most of this, I'm sure, has to do with tablets' insistence on having 4:3 screens in a world where even tvs have switched to 16:9.

CG could maybe make a wider UI for tablets but you'd have black bars on the top and bottom.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Most of this, I'm sure, has to do with tablets' insistence on having 4:3 screens in a world where even tvs have switched to 16:9.

CG could maybe make a wider UI for tablets but you'd have black bars on the top and bottom.

No, that's not the case here, there's no excuse for it. I've been asking for this for years now.

All CG have to do is scale the UI down appropriately on tablets, so you see more in the same space. Playing the game on a tablet makes it look like you're zoomed in, I can actually count the pixels in places.

Hundreds of other IOS and Android games have achieved this and provide a truly premium experience on tablets. At the risk of getting in trouble, let me present Age of Magic as an example, it's essentially the same game, and the production values are exceptional on tablets.

I play this game primarily on a 12.9 inch iPad Pro. The 3D sections (the gameplay) look beautiful, but the UI is pixelated and dreadful.