Hey can you PLEASE put an end to this!!!

BaldingHead90
966 posts Member
edited March 2019
Hi CG, I want to ask you guys a favor, can some of you come out and make a statement for all those entitled babies who think that their Darth Revan needs to be unbeatable on defense. Please @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb can you guys please come and set the record straight because last time I checked there never was a binding contract that just because someone pays for a character they get to never lose.

Since when did this even become a thing? Since when do people expect to have a squad that can't lose? Excuse my memory but never before has a squad in this game been unbeatable, there were always at least 1 counter, maybe the falcon kinda crossed that line a bit, and that's debatable, but especially in characters arena we've had some strong metas but never one that didn't have a counter, why are these people feeling so entitled to their Revan crushing everything on defense?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Sentia
    280 posts Member
    Maybe because JRK does well on both offense and defense they feel that this one took more effort so it should be better in both categories? They did sorta set some precidence
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    The players who think their Darth Revan squads won't hold on defense just say that because their mods and/or squad configurations are terrible. A good Darth Revan team with good mods holds just fine.

Let the players whine. It is just a public self-declaration of their own effectiveness.
  • The day before DR, there was a ton of whining about how DR was going to be unbeatable. The day after, it was because he was beatable. Something about this community, or maybe just gamers in general, means that no matter what is going on, there is always going to be a bunch of people whining like spoiled children.

Which of course means that legitimate complaints are dwarfed in status. And also the incessant whining is incredibly irritating. But sadly it's reality.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • They expect the new meta toon to be unbeatable on defense because that's exactly what they got with the last one.
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    They expect the new meta toon to be unbeatable on defense because that's exactly what they got with the last one.

Completely untrue, Revan was 100% beatable using the "tank Traya" strategy. Modding Traya with as much health and protection as possible, adding the extra defense bonus from dark Bastila allowed Traya to be able to tank the hits from being marked, bying time for Nihilus to annihilate Revan. Thrawn also being an incredibly fast character could fracture Revan early, Bastila can stun Yoda.

This team can 100% reliably beat Revan, sure some times things could go wrong but most of the time it's possible. All characters in that squad are easily obtainable, Thrawn, Sion and Nihilus have been available for a very long time, I'd be surprised if anyone doesn't have them, dark Bastila was free for 3 stars and since her role is to only make Traya tankier and maybe stun Yoda, 3 stars is enough to use her.

Lastly Traya, sure newer players may not have access to a guild that can give them Traya but the raid has become alot easier now, any player who wants to be competitive should be able to get the raid done.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    They expect the new meta toon to be unbeatable on defense because that's exactly what they got with the last one.

The last Revan had many counters. So does this one.

None of this matters anyway, shard chats remove the competition.
  • YKMisfit wrote: »

Completely untrue, Revan was 100% beatable using the "tank Traya" strategy. Modding Traya with as much health and protection as possible, adding the extra defense bonus from dark Bastila allowed Traya to be able to tank the hits from being marked, bying time for Nihilus to annihilate Revan. Thrawn also being an incredibly fast character could fracture Revan early, Bastila can stun Yoda.

This team can 100% reliably beat Revan, sure some times things could go wrong but most of the time it's possible. All characters in that squad are easily obtainable, Thrawn, Sion and Nihilus have been available for a very long time, I'd be surprised if anyone doesn't have them, dark Bastila was free for 3 stars and since her role is to only make Traya tankier and maybe stun Yoda, 3 stars is enough to use her.

Lastly Traya, sure newer players may not have access to a guild that can give them Traya but the raid has become alot easier now, any player who wants to be competitive should be able to get the raid done.

Not Me! Lol
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Ryanwhales wrote: »

Not Me! Lol

Possible reasons: your Traya isn't tanky enough, Thrawn isn't fast enough, you waste Nihilus drain on foresight
  • maybe they are complaining bc nest on any team wrecks darth revan teams. i have seen nest on her own wreck a team with darth revan, hk and bastilla fallen. when a single toon can wreck a team with a heroes journey toon in it something is wrong. a gear 12 DR, BSF, HK47 team should not get wiped out on auto by nest.
  • DonnieAndFrank
    332 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    mazewindoo wrote: »
    maybe they are complaining bc nest on any team wrecks darth revan teams. i have seen nest on her own wreck a team with darth revan, hk and bastilla fallen. when a single toon can wreck a team with a heroes journey toon in it something is wrong. a gear 12 DR, BSF, HK47 team should not get wiped out on auto by nest.

"Should not"? Why not? Nest wreck cls too, where is the cls whine? Get over it.

Edit: Oh I see, you were one cry baby creating a thread about it roflmao
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member

And yet you are even more untrue.

Dark Bast and Tank Traya did not exist when Revan came out. Out of the box, Revan was already the strongest character in the entire game. He countered every meta before him, he owned everything, and he dominated 90% of the meta, more so then anything else in the entire games history.

So, actually, what was said was true, and what you said was not.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »

And yet you are even more untrue.

Dark Bast and Tank Traya did not exist when Revan came out. Out of the box, Revan was already the strongest character in the entire game. He countered every meta before him, he owned everything, and he dominated 90% of the meta, more so then anything else in the entire games history.

So, actually, what was said was true, and what you said was not.

He wasn’t 90% of the meta until a little while after his second release, around when Dark Bastila became farmable.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Whine whine whine... My Jedi are terrible.... whine whine whine... my sith are terrible... whine whine whine... my droids are terrible...whine whine whine... my Empire is terrible... whine whine whine etc....
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    I think it can all be fixed with more balance overall. The largest money grab in the game is gear purchases. Imagine if it really was more of a rock, paper, scissors effect in arena. How many people would want to spend money in order to get all kinds of different compositions geared up? I know I'm dreaming, but it would be great to see at least 5 different leaders in the top 10. Which would mean everyone would have a weak spot to another team. JKR, DR, Palp, JTR, BH, CLS, Phoenix, Ewoks, Jedi, Sith, Troopers, First Order, Rogue One, Empire all in top 50 in arena would make me want to even purchase more crystals just to try and challenge different compositions.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    mazewindoo wrote: »
    maybe they are complaining bc nest on any team wrecks darth revan teams. i have seen nest on her own wreck a team with darth revan, hk and bastilla fallen. when a single toon can wreck a team with a heroes journey toon in it something is wrong. a gear 12 DR, BSF, HK47 team should not get wiped out on auto by nest.

They dont
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Something about this community, or maybe just gamers in general, means that no matter what is going on, there is always going to be a bunch of people whining like spoiled children.

Expand your vision a bit and you’ll see this behavior in nearly every large, diverse assemblage of people. Small groups of passionate individuals (typically described as vocal minorities) are constantly complaining about ... something ... even as another small group is praising it. The trick is to tune all that out, peel away the **** and propaganda, and form an opinion based on facts, not on hearsay, raw emotion, or who’s currently shouting the loudest.
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    Mines holding better than expected. I’m not complaining and more importantly, it’s keeping a lot of the riff raff out of the top 5