316 posts Member
edited March 2016
Ok my 7* Jedi team was all level 70:
Barriss (leader) gear 8
QGJ - gear 8
JC - gear 8
Lumi- gear 8
Eeeth Koth - gear 8

It actually took me two hours of trying to do. I tried various strategies but nothing seemed to work.
On my winning attempt I faced- Yoda, Aayla and Asohka.

My strategy this attempt was to concentrate only on Yoda and then when i finished him I went to the guards.

I lost 3 characters along the way and when I killed Yoda I had only Lumi and Barriss left to face his guards.

I think having 3 healers was the key to my team and having Barriss as leader.

Also try and avoid Yoda if he has a healer in his guards. If you concentrate on a healer first then it seems the longer the battle goes on the quicker Yoda gets. And if you leave the healer then as soon as Yoda hits red health they heal him up

So my main tips.

1. Have as many healers in your team as possible.
2. Concentrate on Yoda first and guards second.
3. Avoid when Yoda has healer guards.

Replies

• Charlesbusa
    408 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Thanks!

I only have Q up to 4*, he's holding me back. Hopefully I'll have him up to 7* next time around in a month

Glad to see this team can win
  • Jamito
    316 posts Member
    Thanks!

I only have Q up to 4*, he's holding me back. Hopefully I'll have him up to 7* next time around in a month

Glad to see this team can win

Yes- I posted this partly because I know from different Yoda threads that people worry they can't beat Yoda with Eeth Koth.

• Anakin and Barriss. Nail Anakin and then bring her down low as possible and let her heal.. you will see
  • I used Qgj as leader with Lumi, Bariss, Mace and Jc. All lvl 70 and fully geared. Was up against Yoda (obviously), Bariss & Ima. I was getting ready for work so I just set it on Auto, not really expecting to win and all I did was nominate targets, Bariss, then Yoda, then Ima and I finished it with no losses :)
  • Jamito
    316 posts Member
    Finished levelling him up now to Gear 9. Awesome character.

3B888CD8-FDC4-4BD9-9D06-AD3318AC33DB_zps28gymf9f.png[/URL]
  • Did you try the Barriss equalization method before trying with Aayla and Ashoka?
  • Jamito
    316 posts Member
    Did you try the Barriss equalization method before trying with Aayla and Ashoka?

Yes but I couldn't get it right. Yoda just seemed to go crazy after a certain point. I eventually found my best tactic was hammer away at Yoda until he dropped then deal with the two guards after.

• I beat Yoda 7* with Lumi (Leader), JC, QGJ, MW, and EK. I got sick of losing so I started retreating to get weak opponents. Yoda's assisting Jedi were Jedi Knight Guardian and Old Ben. All my characters are close to maxed out on gear and ability mats (maxed out on basic attacks, except for EK). Lumi's evasion is probably necessary for this strategy. It seems like you can play different strategies for different compositions. With my composition, I think this may be the best since nothing else seemed to work. Speed with QGJ got close but it's more certain that enemy will hit you. Whereas, Lumi as leader gives you a chance at evasion.

Strategy: Kill Yoda first, then JKG and OB. Heal with endurance in mind. If one character is low, but others are fine it may be best to wait on the heal -- i.e. risk losing the player. I did this and was fortunate that other players were targeted. Four were at about half health and then I did a heal. The reason I think the Yoda first strategy works with this matchup is because Yoda is like 10x better than the assisting characters. You may be able to kill off the weak Jedi first, but that just gives Yoda more time to go to town. Once you start losing characters, he can take out the entire squad.

Tactics: If Yoda has foresight, go with basic attack to take it off. He may immediately attack again and get foresight, but eventually he will open up. If he has no positive statuses, then go for special attacks. But I used the special attacks when his tenacity was up from time to time. I actually had a round where Mace exposed Yoda with no other positive statuses, but I rushed and missed it. Mace was useful with maxed out attacks. Lumi's evasion is key, though. The assisting Jedi (JKG and OB) were really weak so I just let them keep hitting me. I was down to 3 characters by the time Yoda went down - one was Lumi so I was able to heal. I went on auto to finish out.
  • Mission accomplished!

I got 7* Yoda with

Barriss (L)
    Eeth
    QGJ
    JC
    Lumi

Very Happy!
  • Jamito
    316 posts Member
    Mission accomplished!

I got 7* Yoda with

Barriss (L)
    Eeth
    QGJ
    JC
    Lumi

Very Happy!

Congrats! Same team as me.
  • I finally beat 7* Yoda today after a day and half of frustration and praying not to break my phone in the process...

My Team (all maxed geared and lvl'd):

Lumi (Lead)
    JC
    Eeth
    Mace
    QGJ

After reading a bunch of different things on the forums and redditt and failing miserably each time with great frustration I was finally able to beat Yoda with Eeth and Barriss as his guards...

Fired off at Eeth until he was gone and then got Barriss down into the low red and kept her there as I turned my focus onto Yoda (using basics when he had foresight and the everything else including specials when no foresight). I only lost Eeth about half way through but was able to keep everyone else alive (though at the brink at times)...

Finally knocked down yoda which left Barriss all alone with just less than half of her health, it was no problem to get her down with a heal left that left my remaining 4 toons with almost full health...

Trying to beat him can definitely be very very frustrating but when you do beat him it is an awesome feeling and you definitely will feel a huge weight being lifted off your chest!

These forums and the redditt have been a tremendous help and I don't know if I could've done it without them! Thank you to all of you that help everyone else out... It is MUCH appreciated!

Yoda is already a very nice addition to my team!
    In-Game Name: UltraVegasJedi | Leader/Founder - The Force United
  • Jamito
    316 posts Member
    Good work! I know what you mean about frustration. I waited till the 12am reset to get the last shards I needed to get JC to 7*. Then I started trying to beat Yoda. At 1am I gave up to go to bed then just before turning the light off I thought one more go.....
    An hour later at 2am - I did it!

Well done to anyone that beats Yoda at 7*. It really is an achievement.
  • Good job. I got mine today too. I love the little green ball of whirling death. He sure is fun to have. He helped me get into top 5 today. Was 14 yesterday and before that the closest I came was in the 20's. He can be a game changer on offense for sure.
  • BNCS
    75 posts Member
    I did it too! Propably with the worst jedi team ever. It took me almost six hours. Anger, fear, suffer, rage!! I'm totally turned to the dark side! :-)

Lumi -QGJ-JC-Koth-Plo Koon...

I'm tired.., but happy!
  • I got lucky w/ Plo koon and Ima gun di as guards.
    I just went straight ahead for yoda and the next 2 after.
    \Used Lumi lead, GQJ kit asohka JC.
    took me around 30 tries
  • 3 days. Over 150 battles. Still haven't won. I'm beyond dark side right now! Yoda shouldn't get support having been overdone anyway.
  • Wetwurx
    193 posts Member
    3 days. Over 150 battles. Still haven't won. I'm beyond dark side right now! Yoda shouldn't get support having been overdone anyway.

Keep at it, it is crazy hard but doable.

What team are you running? What strategy are you going for?
  • Carbrenash
    86 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Anyone beaten yoga using Ashoka?

I'm close to having the following:

Qgj
    luminara
    barris
    Eeth Koth
    Ahsoka

I don't have Koth or Ahsoka geared up yet, but I'm gonna have to wait till next month anyway.

Should I try to get my JC up and use him instead of Ahsoka?
  • To me the most frustrating part of the encounter is watching Yoda attack back to back to back with an empty turn meter.
  • Alright. Over 200 battles. He had no red left when I hit him earlier. Launches a 5 turn assault killing everyone. I had all 5 Jedi up to that point.
  • Jamito
    316 posts Member
    Bad luck- there's no explanation -Yoda just goes crazy with no warning.
  • Alright. Over 200 battles. He had no red left when I hit him earlier. Launches a 5 turn assault killing everyone. I had all 5 Jedi up to that point.

If you got that close, you can beat him. What's your team so that we can maybe offer suggestions on strategy.
  • I'm at a loss. 200 tries easily this week. If the battle opens without bariss, i just hit auto and see what happens. If bariss is in the fight, i beat down the other, then bariss until red. Then yoda. I've gotten him to the red 1 time.

Old line up was
    Lumi
    JC
    Kit
    QGJ
    MW

Ive since 7* and put Ahsano in place of MW. Her extra small crit/heal seems to help. Not enough to finish this green devil....
  • Get Barriss and other opponent to deaths door and then leave them and focus on Yoda. When Barriss does her heal equalization, that will drag Yoda's health way down. Then go nuts on him. To be honest this only took me about 10 tries to work. But it hurts you that you don't have Barriss for her leader skill and 3rd healer for your team. Good luck
  • UltraJedi
    77 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Wasilla wrote: »
    I'm at a loss. 200 tries easily this week. If the battle opens without bariss, i just hit auto and see what happens. If bariss is in the fight, i beat down the other, then bariss until red. Then yoda. I've gotten him to the red 1 time.

Old line up was
    Lumi
    JC
    Kit
    QGJ
    MW

Ive since 7* and put Ahsano in place of MW. Her extra small crit/heal seems to help. Not enough to finish this green devil....

I know some guides/tips say not to use specials on him but I went with this strategy with the Barriss strat after knocking the 3rd toon down and got Barriss to low red: used basics only when he has foresight and the everything else including specials when no foresight when they were available...

At least that seemed to work for me and I heard a couple others say the same... Just keep trying and eventually it will come, I think I had somewhere around 100 or so tries... stopped counting after a dozen fails...
    In-Game Name: UltraVegasJedi | Leader/Founder - The Force United
  • Wasilla
    46 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    The closest I've come....had 4 jedi up before his explosive fury

Screenshot_2016-03-13-12-19-04.png
  • Jamito
    316 posts Member
    There's so many strategies out there but I think it need a fair bit of RNG luck too. His crazy moves come out of nowhere and I think the longer the fight lasts the more likely he is to go ballistic and decimate your team.
    I think just ignore the guards and throw everything at Yoda even your specials. Yes I hear that a missed special increases turn metre but he goes crazy anyway so just hit him with it all.
  • The only specials you need to avoid using are those that have a chance to proc a debuff, or "negative status effect". For example, Lumi's force blast gives him extra turn meter, JC's force blast does not.

That being said, in most of my attempts I went ahead and used Lumi's blast (the only other "negative effect special" on my team was Kit's AOE, which I never used) when it was going to be a killing blow, or when the character I was using it on was near full turn meter anyway.
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Was about to go on forum to cuss, lol. Then 2 hours into it on about 35-50th attempt... Yoda backed off. He has this crazy mode that he turns on around half way to his health and attacks like 8-10 times in a row, which he didn't seem to this time, so I started using all the specials to hit him hard (before that simple attacks only, QGJ harmonious assault seems to only **** him off.)

L(Barris), QGJ, Koth, JC, Lumi

Against Yoda, Lumi, and Guardian

Basically, he kind of gives up like a lap dog. Those of you that can't finish just continue trying, it's just RNG that will eventually let you win. Finished losing only Koth.
  • Just beat 7* Yoda with Lumi (L), Eeth Koth, Mace, JC and Ashoka.

Wasnt easy got lucky.