This is unacceptable

2Next

Replies

• Stenun
    851 posts Member
    "On second thought, let's not try to win 10,000 times in Squad Arena. 'Tis a silly quest."
  • So you are kibbitizing about miniscule payout for a lot of effort on this particular quest. The entire game, and many others, are exactly that. If one is looking for a proper Return On Investment, this isn't the way. Look at it from a business (profit and loss) prospective and all of it isn't worth it (unless you are the one cashing in on the micro transactions - but that's the point)

Take any company with any business sense and they would look at all quests as a loss, assuming they aren't the ones cashing in on said transactions.

You wouldn't invest millions in a company chasing after something worth less than ****. In fact you'd probably report them to the authorities as a scam... Which is what this is.

Accept and enjoy the time suck, or maybe go out and see the world. Come up with your own way to make millions off those chasing after five, or five hundred shards (which don't actually exist, btw)

I don't disagree with you, just saying...
  • What's unacceptable are the lousy rewards for the prestigious quests. You're doing the arena battles anyway. It's not like you went out of your way to slay 50 wampas and manually play GW for months to fulfill thousands of bounty hunter contracts.
  • Tomaj
    41 posts Member
    I wrote a response but the forums ate it. Oh well. I'm not going to rewrite it all. I will say I dont expect 20 Zetas or something crazy for a reward. But 5 vader shards and 50 crystals (oh and 700k!) is less of a reward than collecting 20 ships =/

I started playing November 2015. Usually I fight 5 arena battles per day without refreshing (strictly f2p). I realize my situation isnt the same as everyone elses, but for me it would probably take about 6 years to complete this challenge. My point being that I would wager the arena challenge is probably the hardest challenge in the game to complete, or to say at least one of them and the rewards arent comparable to others imo.
  • Smapty wrote: »
    Only 855 more until I get those sweet 5 Vader shards!

GqSX90H.jpg

That is acceptable.
  • Tomaj wrote: »
    s2LSF9N.jpg

I think we need to have a bake sale to help CG improve the rewards.. Come on Gang!
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    This thread is a big deal.

Vader is pretty easy to get.

Trick is for all of the characters you really want then you have to search for their shards everytime the shops refresh. Being a smart shop shopper greatly boosts your gear and inventory. Just make sure that when Vader does appear in Fleet Arena Rewards Shop that you have 400 tokens for it (he does pop there), and you should be 1000000x more mad at yourself for missing that opportunity once than being mad at that stupid quest.

This applies to Logray also.
  • Are you serious? Continuing to play long term is unacceptable?
  • Tomaj
    41 posts Member
    Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    Are you serious? Continuing to play long term is unacceptable?

I dont recall making that point. The point is the rewards are not comparable to other quests for the level of difficulty it takes to complete. And yes I am serious!
  • It is a pretty ****** reward, i dont do arena with that reward as a driving factor or factor at all. Wouldn't complain if they wanted to make it an achievement worth working for. One more thing to look forward to.
    GRANDMASTER
    NeXuSe7msb2g6cet7.jpg
  • There are many rewards that seem a little lacklustre given the investment, BH title for example, complete bobbas contract 500 times then complete Bobbas 500 times theb 500 times with IG88.. Thats 1500 battles you need to complete BH contracts even if you had all 3 there for the initial 500.
    Complete those 1500 for 30 crystals and 150K credits, not even a shard.

It would be nice if those rewards were more substantial, at least grand arena quests haa worthwhile payouts.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    So you can do 30 battles a day. If you win all of them, you could accomplish this feat in 34 days.

For the low low total price of 22,100 crystals.

Now who wouldn't do that? It only takes about a month...

EDIT: it's kind of funny, it would only cost 650 crystals a day so it could even potentially be done FTP.

• Tomaj
    41 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    So you can do 30 battles a day. If you win all of them, you could accomplish this feat in 34 days.

EDIT: it's kind of funny, it would only cost 650 crystals a day so it could even potentially be done FTP.

I may be missing something but if I'm not mistaken I believe your math is off. 30 battles × 34 days = 1020 battles. The achievement in question requires 10k victories. Unless I am missing something...
  • Tomaj
    41 posts Member
    Hanfirst wrote: »
    It would be nice if those rewards were more substantial, at least grand arena quests haa worthwhile payouts.

Agree. All I am saying really is what he said. I wish rewards were a bit more substantial, like grand arena rewards, especially for accomplishments of this magnitude.

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Tomaj wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »

I may be missing something but if I'm not mistaken I believe your math is off. 30 battles × 34 days = 1020 battles. The achievement in question requires 10k victories. Unless I am missing something...

I knew that seemed too short. Silly me for being off by an order of magnitude.

So 340 days and 221,000 crystals.
  • Tomaj wrote: »

Agree. All I am saying really is what he said. I wish rewards were a bit more substantial, like grand arena rewards, especially for accomplishments of this magnitude.

I guess it’s a good thing then that you get crystals and arena store tokens daily from arena while you chip away at that 10k achievement. Atleast you get something to help reward the effort daily, from free chars to shard shop currency for gear of choice there.
  • Tomaj
    41 posts Member
    Tomaj wrote: »

I guess it’s a good thing then that you get crystals and arena store tokens daily from arena while you chip away at that 10k achievement. Atleast you get something to help reward the effort daily, from free chars to shard shop currency for gear of choice there.

True