Royal Guard, Poe Dameron and the Foresight of Rey and Yoda

Quim
665 posts Member
edited March 2016
In comparison with Poe Dameron, a problem of Royal Guard is that when the enemy Rey go first, and if Yoda is the assist of GS or QGJ, they can gain foresight, but when Poe use his special ability, the taunt, the foresight disappears and then I can use my Geonosian Soldier and my IG-86 to kill Rey and Yoda. If I use Royal Guard and I need a first hit in Rey and Yoda, I will lose the opportunity to kill they in the first turn.

My current team (rank 1) is Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, Poe and Kylo Ren. My strategy is that GS kill one character in the beginning, for example Rey, then I use the taunt of Poe and the offense up of Poggle, now IG-86 kill another character, for example Yoda, and the last is Kylo Ren.

If I replace Poe by RG, and Rey go first, the foresight will not disappear and I will not be able to attack Rey and Yoda if they have foresight, and the best if one team have QGJ, Yoda, Rey, GS and Luminara, for example, is kill Yoda and Rey in the first turn, because Rey and Yoda are very strong in the second turn, and then kill QGJ and GS that not are very good in the second turn, and Luminara at the end. But if Yoda and Rey have foresight I will need kill QGJ and GS first and use the AOE of Kylo Ren to remove the foresight, and then kill Yoda and Rey in the second turn.

Another problem is that the AI is not enough intelligent to not attack a enemy character who have foresight, for example if Rey have foresight, maybe IG-86 attacks Rey, losing an opportunity to kill an other character, for example kill QGJ or GS. With Poe the foresight disappears after the taunt, so maybe Poe is better to defend the rank and Royal Guard is better to get the rank.

It is important see how the artificial intelligence works to maintain the rank or not lose a lot of positions, I think that Poe is better than Royal Guard when you are offline, from 06:00 PM to 04:00 PM, but when you want get the rank, from 04:00 or 05:00 PM to 06:00 PM, maybe Royal Guard is better thanks to the automatically taunt, the stun and the defense up and a better health, all of this is better than the expose ability and the turn meter reduction, but the Foresight is the difference that makes Poe better than Royal Guard when the AI is controlling the team, because the attacks of the AI are aleatory and the aleatory can coincide with a character that have foresight, and usually the AI attacks first the characters who have less health, as IG-86, IG-88, Sidious, FOTP, QGJ, etc., and Rey usually is the character with less health in the majority of the teams that have she, so the AI a lot of times will try to attack Rey, but if she have foresight she will evade the hit.

So, in the automatic control, it's more useful Poe Dameron, because he can remove the foresight with the taunt, expose and reduce the turn meter, triple action, and a very important action that Royal Guard don't does (remove foresight).