Grand Arena Tie

I have tied in the latest grand arena tournament twice and lost both matches. If tiebreakers are based on who has the higher GP, then I should have won both matches. Is anyone else’s having this issue? Also, there is no way both opponents would have had higher GP’s than mine at the start of the Grand Arena tournament.

Replies

• They did
  • DEVILOCK720
    3 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Kewl. Thanks for your informative insight.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • The player with the highest GP at the start of the GA will win a tiebreaker. Your GP has probably increased since then.
  • My GP is much higher than both opponents and I did not do much to increase it during the course of GA. That’s why I’m wondering if anyone else is having this issue.
  • My GP is much higher than both opponents and I did not do much to increase it during the course of GA. That’s why I’m wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

Are you looking at character GP or total GP?

Ship GP doesn’t count in this yo.

Congrats on the loss.
  • I did lose 1 GA with same points as my opponent but he has higher GP.
  • Did you actually see their numbers? If not than unfortunately i think you just lucked out.
    In future screen shot the second you can see all your arena participants
  • Even though my GP is higher than both opponents, I suppose it’s possible that they might have had higher ones at the beginning of the event. Thanks for all the help, you are all appreciated.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Courious how you tied 2? Odds against that must be spectacular. Did neither of you set a defense or put really weak teams on D?
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Courious how you tied 2? Odds against that must be spectacular. Did neither of you set a defense or put really weak teams on D?

Put full defence.
    Dont attack.
    (?)
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »

Put full defence.
    Dont attack.
    (?)

Sounds like it. And I think your (?) =

Complain about losing.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    I have a hard time sympathizing with a guy who doesn't attack at all and then acts all baffled when they lose. Relying on tiebreakers is a complete gamble. Maybe try to just take out one squad?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Are you talking about the Twin Ion Engine, also known as TIE, the ships used by the Empire and First Order ?
  • This is stupid and very irritating but the worst thing it is UNFAIR!!! the person with the less gp should win in these cases.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Ulyxes wrote: »
    This is stupid and very irritating but the worst thing it is UNFAIR!!! the person with the less gp should win in these cases.

Why?
  • Given how narrow the brackets are, going by highest or lowest GP is arbitrary and meaningless. Might as well make it a straight 50/50 coin flip.
  • I just had the same issue and my GP didn't go up much at all from the start of the GA. Tied and higher GP, but opponent won. 3gdneiwftejk.png