Time changes

Hi, why do players have the opportunity to change their payout times, if the game changes it right away a few months later because of winter-/summer time (in some countries)? My work time and everyday life is not changing so why do the in-game time change? Now i had to use my second reset to set my favourite time (one hour earlier) again. That means that i won't have any resets when the winter time (standardtime) in 6 months is coming. Why do we get both resets back at once and not each half a year?

Replies

• AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    The game didn’t change its time. Your government changed your clocks. At least the devs have finally provided a way to compensate for your government’s clock management decisions.
  • Yeah, well you're right, what i mean is, isn't it possible to go with that clock management - only for players in those governments? :/ And if not, do i get another reset if the "winter(time) is coming" back?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Because a game that is played globally knows exactly which player is in which region that has a government that changed your clocks?
  • Starlord04
    9 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Ok i see you might miss my second question.... But yes the game even though knows if i bought crystals in another region for less, so why not my timezone...
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    The cool down on each of your resets is a year if I'm not mistaken so...
  • Right, but the reset reset (^^) is in about 240 days, winter time will be in about 180 days.. so 60 days in between... Would appreciate if there's a way to give us 1 reset every ~180 days, not 2 resets every ~360 days...
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    This is an old post, I know, but it is very relevant...Australian daylight savings time starts today,, and although my Timezone in game says 5pm and 6pm for POs and 11pm for reset, the actual times have moved to 6pm and 7pm for POs and 12am for reset...have to wait 55 days for my timer reset to become available...EA, please help...if my Timezone in game says 11pm reset, it can’t be difficult for the game to recognise that my reset is no longer 11pm...!
  • DJT1 wrote: »
    This is an old post, I know, but it is very relevant...Australian daylight savings time starts today,, and although my Timezone in game says 5pm and 6pm for POs and 11pm for reset, the actual times have moved to 6pm and 7pm for POs and 12am for reset...have to wait 55 days for my timer reset to become available...EA, please help...if my Timezone in game says 11pm reset, it can’t be difficult for the game to recognise that my reset is no longer 11pm...!
    It’s probably harder than you’re giving it credit for.

Picture this:
    - Australia changed clocks today, but not all parts of Australia did
    - The UK and Europe change on 27 October
    - The US change on 3 November - but not all states change
    - Not every player wants their payout to remain at the same local time, because changing it would mean you now share your payout with different people.

So, how is the game supposed to know whether you are affected by the clock change in your country or not, whether or not you want your payout to “change” to the same static local time all year round?

For a global game they really have only one choice: the game clock never changes.
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    Hey darth
    Points taken, to counter I’d argue that given some clocks are going forward and some are going backwards...2 changes over 12 months is inadequate due to POs potentially going all ver the shop (from not competing to falling in same place). Mine reset in 55 days...going to be a long 2 months!!!! Worst case, give an extra change for gems so it can’t be manipulated without reason/cost