Drop rate of shards

Pitt
34 posts Member
Why has the drop rate for shards been slowed? Use to get 1 per 3 sims at least,but lately sim 12 battles barely get 1 or 2. Is it all about money?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No. It's all about RNG. You previously didnt always get 1 our of 3, generally speaking this is called confirmation bias.

If you record your data, you will see the drop rate averages out to 33% for shards.
  • Pitt
    34 posts Member
    I'm just saying that more than often I would avg 1 out of 3 sims. Occasionally I would even get 2 out of 2. And very rarely get 3 out of 3. So, it is my account of what I experienced nothing more.
  • Pitt
    34 posts Member
    Once again the drop rate has gotten worse. 6 sims and zero shards, that shouldn't happen.
  • Pitt wrote: »
    Once again the drop rate has gotten worse. 6 sims and zero shards, that shouldn't happen.

The drop rate hasn't changed at all. It's not a 'fixed' rate ie you get 1 shard per x sims. It's a percentage chance each time you sim a node that you'll get a drop. This means you will see a spread of results, from 0/6 to 6/6. I guarantee you that if you track over a long enough period you'll get a figure somewhere around 33% for character shards.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • And if you count pennies long enough you get a million thats the catch, i think i have better results simming one by one as you have a 33% each roll instead of 33% of 12 rolls, it makes me feel better any way whether it works or not