I’m one of those that would personally love a sandbox or guild pvp (no rewards) to test different teams and players. Because I don’t expect that to happen, could you make the following changes to GW to make it act a little more like a sandbox?
1. No preloaded TM for defense if you fail an attack.
2. No degraded health/protection after failed attacks
3. All cool downs reset for defense after a failed attack.
4. Items 1, 2, & 3 also apply to the player’s attacking teams.
5. Sim individual nodes (optional).
Basically, make each unit reset after a match. You can keep the deaths are permanent thing. The preloaded TM for offense makes GW far too easy. If I want to play a g9 team and I win the first match, I just steamroll over other matches until I hit a road block (nodes 6, 9, and 12).
I understand these changes might make it difficult for newer players to win on this table, so maybe only have them apply once a player can sim the entire table.