Rancor sim rewards should be less randomized

There are many different opinions on whether the rewards from simming rancor are actually worth it or not. Personally I have to admit that they have been very poor for my guild. We started simming rancors since the day the feature became available and I have only received 1, yes 1 full piece so far.

I've watched pictures of people who have received 2 full pieces in a single raid although those can be photoshopped I believe it's happened.

If that's the case it seems that this new simming thing is very inconsistent and it could give unfair amounts of gear to some lucky guilds and far less of others and although the laws of mathematics suggest that over a long period of time everyone should expect very similar results, it's important to notice that those are very idealized scenarios and the number of attempts needs to approach infinity. It's simply impossible for a raid that happens once every 2 days to have a long enough sample to equalize the results. If a guild has received two full pieces in a single raid they have basically received twice as many full pieces as my guild since simming became a thing.

For this reason I propose that we make these rewards less random perhaps make it so that any guild that completes a rancor within a 24 hour period get the exact same rewards, every 24 hours the rewards reset. Maybe that's not the right way of implementing it but you get the idea.

Replies

• Im far from certain adding the sim feature was a goodthing
    Eventually we will sim tank and str too
    Then what? Why do i have all these toons !?!.
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • TaviRus
    172 posts Member
    Im far from certain adding the sim feature was a goodthing

There will be new raids. Possibly ship raids. and of course the various forms of pvp. Raid Sim was introduced because HPit is old content. and rather than have players still spend time sending in their CLS/RHan team to kill it in 6 min on auto, they decided to enable guild simming to keep 'required' play time down after the introduction of GA.
  • Im far from certain adding the sim feature was a goodthing

Well, the raid was made simmable because you didn’t need all those toons. You only need 1 for pit, and you only need 5 for HAAT. As new content comes out, people want to play the new content but don’t want to “have to” play the old content due to time constraints and such. It’s just like the ability to sim GW. Once TB and TW came out, there was too much to do, so GW was the easy time sink to drop.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    due to it being random, it evens out. It's not like one guild will always get good rewards while another always gets bad rewards.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    TaviRus wrote: »
    Im far from certain adding the sim feature was a goodthing

There will be new raids. Possibly ship raids.

Please bring in this new content now, not next year.
    and of course the various forms of pvp.

Hooray!

Now, the topic was of rewards. It’s like with simming GW, where you get less shards by simming :) Randomized garbage for everyone who have had the raid at farming status since forever. Just add a third item as a possibility?

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    due to it being random, it evens out. It's not like one guild will always get good rewards while another always gets bad rewards.

In before the conspiracy bros come to say that's exactly how it is...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    edited April 2019

Well, we simmed 5 times so far and have only gotten absolute horse scheiße.
  • leef wrote: »

According to the laws of mathematics it evens out after very many attempts, give that we only get one raid every 2 days that could be months, that could be years that could be decades. I would feel much more comfortable knowing it's alot less random and more consistent. If your guild gets a streak of amazing rewards and mine gets a streak of horrible rewards it could take a long time to even out.
  • I'd be fine if rancor Sim gave just stun guns and carbonti.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

According to the laws of mathematics it evens out after very many attempts, give that we only get one raid every 2 days that could be months, that could be years that could be decades. I would feel much more comfortable knowing it's alot less random and more consistent. If your guild gets a streak of amazing rewards and mine gets a streak of horrible rewards it could take a long time to even out.

It evens out, you're not getting shafted. It's all good.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I'm happy to get 10 Han shards per raid without having to try and solo the raid, and possibly deprive others of decent rewards in the process. Once Han is 7*, I'll start complaining about the disappointing gear drops :P
  • I'm happy to get 10 Han shards per raid without having to try and solo the raid, and possibly deprive others of decent rewards in the process. Once Han is 7*, I'll start complaining about the disappointing gear drops :P

It punishes those who raid and rewards those who don't
  • We’ve done 5 or 6 sims and never gotten a full piece in our guild. 🤷🏻‍♂️ But maybe we’ll get 6 full pieces in a row. Ha right.

I'm not the first to say this on the forum, but when you get 30,000 tickets a day from a guild, the entire guild contributes to the raid.

Having (probably) 49 out of 50 members who can currently solo the pit, it's less about effort to complete. Our guild is also made up of International players. It's nice that they don't always finish at the low end, every time.

But, back the rewards being less random. I anxiously await our first full piece from a pit being simmed. So far, we are an 0-fer. But we have got stun gun salvage, so it's not all bad.

Honestly, the only decent reward are the 10 shards. I got better gear and more credits when I still played HPit manually. If you already have Han maxed, you'd be better off not simming. Even if you still need the shards, you'll sorely miss the better gear if you were previously able to score a top 10 rank.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Why sim rancor gives 10 han shard and garbage gear ? If people sim rancor it means they already have han at 7* so why do they need so many han shards ?

I propose that sim rancor gives less han shards but better gear instead
  • Gannon
    1628 posts Member
    The sim rewards should always be one full part and 25 pieces of another part. It can be random parts rewarded, but should be a consistent 1 full, 25 pieces.
  • Gannon wrote: »
    The sim rewards should always be one full part and 25 pieces of another part. It can be random parts rewarded, but should be a consistent 1 full, 25 pieces.

I like this idea. I feel that people wouldn’t complain if this was the standard. Plus, those 10 shards would provide a little bonus from the shard shop.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    When it hits though - it's so sweet for the whole guild.

Last raid my guild got a crafted Carbanti. The one before that we all got crafted mk5 Droid callers. Even if we get crap the next month, these two were worth it.